First Trust North American Energy Infrastructure ETFNYSEARCA
Wed, Sep. 21, 9:22 AM
- First Trust Long/Short Equity ETF (NYSEARCA:FTLS) - $0.067.
- First Trust RiverFront Dynamic Asia Pacific ETF (NASDAQ:RFAP) (RFAP) - $0.249.
- First Trust RiverFront Dynamic Developed International ETF (NASDAQ:RFDI) (RFDI) - $0.157.
- First Trust RiverFront Dynamic Europe ETF (NASDAQ:RFEU) (RFEU) - $0.114.
- First Trust RiverFront Dynamic Emerging Markets ETF (NASDAQ:RFEM) - $0.546.
- First Trust North American Energy Infrastructure Fund (NYSEARCA:EMLP) - $0.232.
- First Trust Heitman Global Prime Real Estate ETF (NYSEARCA:PRME) (PRME) - $0.165.
- First Trust Dow Jones Select MicroCap Index Fund (NYSEARCA:FDM) - $0.144.
- Payable Sept. 30; for shareholders of record Sept. 23; ex-div Sept. 21.
- Press Release
Feb. 24, 2014, 3:35 PM
- Comparing metrics for the two of the more popular dividend strategies - the SPDR S&P Dividend ETF (SDY +0.4%) and the Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF (VIG +0.7%) - against the two largest large-cap value ETFs - the Russell 1000 Value ETF (IWD +0.9%) and Vanguard's Value ETF (VTV +0.7%) - Larry Swedroe finds valuations quite stretched for the dividend players.
- The SDY sports a P/E ratio of 17.2x, price/book ratio of 2.5x, and price/cash flow ratio of 10.5x, with the VIG showing similar. The value ETFs have P/E below 14x, price/books below 2x, and price/cash flow below 6x.
- The popularity of dividends has led to a pleasing rise in the values of the stocks, but has thus reduced expected future returns, reminds Swedroe. And for taxable accounts, it's even worse as dividends are less tax-efficient than capital gains.
- Dividend ETFs: DVY, VIG, AMLP, SDY, VYM, AMJ, BDCL, SCHD, HDV, MLPL, YMLP, KBWD, BDCS, DES, PEY, MLPI, SPHD, DIV, DLN, DHS, MLPA, ENY, DTD, DGRW, DON, MLPN, FDL, NOBL, FVD, PFM, EMLP, MLPS, BIZD, MLPG, MLPY, MLPX, MLPJ, SDYL, AMU, YMLI, DVYL, ATMP, DGRS, ZMLP, RDIV, RDVY, MLPW, IMLP, QDYN, ENFR, QDF, QDEF, MLPC
Mar. 13, 2013, 5:48 PM