Thu, Jul. 7, 9:58 AM
- Emmis Communications (NASDAQ:EMMS) is up 6.5% today following Q1 earnings where operating income grew 13% and EPS doubled.
- Cost reductions from this year were the primary driver of income growth. Radio revenues were up fractionally, and would have been up 5% excluding Los Angeles, where its station is being "negatively affected by a recent format competitor."
- A drop in publishing revenues was affected by the timing of certain custom publications arriving in a later quarter this fiscal year.
- Revenue by segment: Radio, $42.7M (up 0.2%); Publishing, $13.1M (down 15.7%); Emerging Technologies, $211,000 (down 37%).
- The company is starting its annual meeting at 10 a.m., where it expects a one-for-four reverse split to be approved.
- Press Release
Thu, Jul. 7, 6:01 AM
Thu, May 5, 6:06 AM
Thu, Jan. 7, 11:03 AM
- Emmis Communications (NASDAQ:EMMS) is up 2.9% after posting Q3 results where it doubled reported profits Y/Y despite a significant decline in its flagship radio business
- Revenues fell 5% to $59.6M, but EPS rose to $0.12 from a year-ago $0.06 on a much smaller provision for income taxes ($889K vs. a year-ago $4.53M). The company said its Indianapolis, St. Louis and Austin clusters beat their markets, while the Los Angeles station, KPWR, made up most of its radio unit's shortfall after a key direct competitor launch.
- Revenue by segment: Radio, $42.6M (down 5.1%); Publishing, $16.7M (down 7%); Emerging technologies, $322K (up 116%).
- CEO Jeff Smulyan says the radio decline led the company to take steps yesterday including staff reductions and pay cuts for senior execs.
Thu, Jan. 7, 6:03 AM
- Emmis Communications (NASDAQ:EMMS): FQ3 EPS of $0.12
- Revenue of $59.61M (-5.3% Y/Y)
Oct. 8, 2015, 9:45 AM
- Emmis Communications (NASDAQ:EMMS) is up 9.7% after fiscal Q2 results where most of the revenue gains came in its smaller publishing arm.
- Net income of $0.09/share was up 50% from $0.06. Radio revenues were flat (and down 0.5% in Miller Kaplan reporting), but outperformed a tough local radio market; the New York cluster was up 4.3% while the market was down 3.4%. Texas Monthly is pacing growth in a publishing segment that's up 4.6% YTD.
- Revenue by segment: Radio, $47.6M (down fractionally); Publishing, $14.6M (up 3.4%); Emerging technologies, $328K (up 190%).
- The company pointed to momentum for NextRadio, its initiative to make FM radio available on smartphones and tablets, noting AT&T and T-Mobile were added during the quarter.
Oct. 8, 2015, 6:02 AM
- Emmis Communications (NASDAQ:EMMS): FQ2 EPS of $0.09
- Revenue of $62.48M (+1.1% Y/Y)
Jul. 9, 2015, 3:59 PM
- Emmis Communications (NASDAQ:EMMS) is closing strong, up 19.8% after posting results from a "challenging quarter" where revenue slipped slightly overall, but rose in publishing, while CEO Jeff Smulyan pointed to Q2 radio revenues "pacing up low single digits."
- Diluted EPS of $0.03 outpaced last year's figure of $0.02 as operating income grew 15% on lower fees. Net income of $1.5M was up from the prior year's $956K.
- Smulyan also said its NextRadio initiative, to make FM broadcasts available on mobile devices, has "incredible momentum." Last week the app became available for download in the Amazon App Store.
- FQ1 results
Jul. 9, 2015, 6:14 AM
- Emmis Communications (NASDAQ:EMMS) reports publishing net revenues rose 5.8% to $15.53M driven by strong growth at Los Angeles, Texas Monthly and Atlanta magazines.
- Radio net revenue fell 5.3% to $42.59M.
- Station operating income rose 2% to $13.63M.
- FQ1 results
Jul. 9, 2015, 6:01 AM
- Emmis Communications (NASDAQ:EMMS): FQ1 EPS of $0.03
- Revenue of $58.45M (-2.1% Y/Y)
May 7, 2015, 6:07 AM
- Emmis Communications (NASDAQ:EMMS): FQ4 EPS of -$2.47
- Revenue of $53.43M (+13.8% Y/Y)
Apr. 22, 2015, 12:45 PM
Feb. 3, 2015, 4:09 PM
- Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) finished up 11.9% ahead of a March 2 release of its Q4 results.
- The company has set a conference call at 4:30 p.m. ET that day to discuss earnings.
- Expectations are for an EPS of $0.09 on revenues of $333.2M.
- Commercial-radio peers have also had a strong day: Saga Communications (SGA +2.4%); Emmis Communications (EMMS +0.5%); Salem Communications (SALM +2.1%); Radio One (ROIAK +1.7%); Entercom (ETM +2.8%); and Townsquare Media (TSQ +3.2%).
Jan. 8, 2015, 6:04 AM
- Emmis Communications (NASDAQ:EMMS): FQ3 EPS of $0.06
- Revenue of $62.96M (+19.7% Y/Y)
Oct. 9, 2014, 6:02 AM
- Emmis Communications (NASDAQ:EMMS): FQ2 EPS of $0.06
- Revenue of $61.82M (+12.5% Y/Y)
Sep. 23, 2014, 12:45 PM
Emmis Communications Corp. owns and operates radio and magazine entities in large and medium sized markets throughout the U.S. The company operates through the following business segments: Radio, Publishing, and Corporate and Emerging Tehnologies. It operates radio stations, television stations... More
Industry: Broadcasting - Radio
Country: United States
Other News & PR