Mon, Jun. 29, 10:57 AM
- Emerson Electric (EMR -0.8%) is poised to buy Spectronix, an Israeli company which develops fire detection systems, for $99M, Globes reports.
- The purchase price consists of $79M in cash and $20M that will be distributed to investors as a dividend.
- Spectronix's 2014 revenue totaled $40.1M; net profit totaled $5.3M.
Thu, Apr. 23, 5:49 PM
- At least a half-dozen major industrial companies - including GE, Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) Siemens (OTCPK:SIEGY), Honeywell (NYSE:HON), Dover (NYSE:DOV), Danaher (NYSE:DHR) and Emerson Electric (NYSE:EMR) - are said to be weighing offers for oilfield services assets worth $5B-$10B that Halliburton (NYSE:HAL) is preparing to sell ahead of its pending merger with Baker Hughes (NYSE:BHI), Bloomberg reports.
- HAL reportedly will send offering materials to those companies, as well as P-E firms and rival oilfield services providers, in the coming weeks; first up likely will be the drill bits unit and another that uses data to track and steer the direction of drills.
- These companies could own an edge over oilfield services companies that analysts have pegged as logical bidders for HAL’s castoffs - such as National Oilwell Varco (NYSE:NOV) and Superior Energy Services (NYSE:SPN) - because HAL might not want to give any more market share to companies that already offer the same services, preferring to sell to new players entering the market.
Dec. 15, 2014, 7:42 AM
- Emerson Electric (NYSE:EMR) has reached a deal to sell its power-transmission solutions business to Regal Beloit (NYSE:RBC) for $1.4B in cash.
- Emerson says it will use the proceeds for an incremental share buyback during its fiscal 2015.
- Previously: WSJ: Emerson Electric nears $1.2B sale of unit to Regal Beloit (Dec. 12 2014)
- RBC +5.8% premarket
Oct. 16, 2014, 3:17 PM
- Timken (TKR -0.2%), Regal Beloit (RBC +0.9%) and Altra Industrial Motion (AIMC +0.6%) have made it to the second round of bidding in the auction for Emerson Electric's (EMR +2%) power transmission solutions business, Reuters reports.
- P-E firms Warburg Pincus and Onex also are said to be in the running for the unit, which is expected to fetch $1.2B-$1.6B in a sale.
Sep. 2, 2014, 3:31 PM
- General Electric (GE -0.4%) reportedly is among those preparing binding offers for Italian valve maker Petrolvalves, with Emerson Electric (EMR +0.4%) also considered a "motivated" bidder which could also participate in the final round of the company's auction.
- The offers could value the Italian company at more than €1B ($1.31B), according to Reuters.
- Petrolvalves is said to have set a deadline for binding offers towards the end of September in an attempt to sign a deal later this year.
Oct. 4, 2013, 9:53 AM
Sep. 24, 2013, 9:23 AM| Sep. 24, 2013, 9:23 AM | Comment!
Aug. 6, 2013, 7:45 AM
- Emerson (EMR) to sell 51% stake in embedded computing and power business to private equity firm Platinum Equity for $300M.
- Takes $503M pretax goodwill impairment charge on the operations.
- Net income slumps $194M from $770M, hurt by the impairment.
- Sales fall reflects "a sluggish economic environment and difficult comparisons, as recovery from the Thailand flooding drove robust third quarter sales in the prior year."
- Underlying sales -1%. Breakdown: U.S. -3%, Asia -3%, Europe -6%, emerging markets +2%.
- Low levels of business investment continue to reflect a cautious climate, particularly in mature markets," says CEO David Farr. "The near-term is expected to remain slow, but orders growth has resumed, suggesting the economic environment is beginning to stabilize and improve.
- 2013 outlook: EPS at lower end of $3.48-$3.55 range vs consensus of $3.49; reported and underlying sales growth of 1%, slightly lower than previous expectations; Adjusted EBIT and pretax margin approximately equal to prior year; operating cash flow of $3.4B, free cash flow of $2.7B. (Previous) (PR)
Jul. 30, 2013, 2:10 PM
- France's Schneider Electric (SBGSF.PK) is nearing a £3.3B (~$5B) deal to acquire British engineer Invensys (IVNSF.PK) and could announce it as soon as tomorrow, Reuters reports.
- The structure of the share-plus-cash deal should remain roughly the same as the one initially presented earlier this month, as no other bidder has emerged to challenge Schneider's bid.
- One source says there's still a 10%-15% chance that a rival bidder such as Emerson (EMR) could come in even after a potential announcement tomorrow.
Jun. 21, 2012, 4:30 AM
Jun. 20, 2012, 11:24 AMEmerson Electric (EMR -0.7%) has approached U.K. company Invensys (IVNYY.PK) about acquiring its Foxboro unit, a maker of meters and control systems, and even possibly the whole firm, Bloomberg reports. Invensys, whose market cap is $2.6B, is exploring its options, and has spoken to GE and Siemens (SI), which is interested in Invensys' rail ops. | Jun. 20, 2012, 11:24 AM | Comment!
Apr. 2, 2012, 9:01 AM
Mar. 16, 2012, 11:24 AM
Other News & PR