Endo International plcNASDAQ
Endo: An Underappreciated Platform
Thu, Oct. 20, 5:04 PM
- Endo International plc (NASDAQ:ENDP) EVP and Chief Financial Officer Suketu Upadhyay notifies the company that he will resign effective November 22 to assume a senior finance position at another firm. EVP of Global Finance Operations Blaise Coleman will serve as interim CFO until a permanent successor is hired.
Fri, Sep. 30, 9:20 AM
- Endo Pharmaceuticals (ENDP) announces that new data will be presented evaluating the safety and efficacy of XIAFLEX (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) (CCH) injection under investigation for the treatment of palmar Dupuytren's disease nodules. The presentation will be made tomorrow, October 1, at the annual meeting of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand in Austin, TX.
- In a Phase 2, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging study in 75 adults, participants in the higher dose groups treated with a single injection of XIAFLEX showed a statistically significant decrease in size and hardness of Dupuytren's disease nodules, a pre-cursor condition to Dupuytren's contracture. The safety profile of those treated with CCH was generally well tolerated. Adverse events included extremity pain, axillary pain, injection site-related adverse events and pruritus. No patients were discontinued from the study because of an adverse event.
- The majority of study participants receiving higher doses of CCH were satisfied with their treatment and outcomes. Similarly, the investigators' global assessment showed an improvement in study participants versus placebo.
- Dupuytren's disease is a common fibroproliferative disease of the palmar fascia. It is characterized by thickening and shortening of fibrous cords within the hand that impact the finger joints (particularly metacarpophalangeal and proximal interphalangeal joints of the ring and small fingers) and while it can start with the appearance of palmar nodules, often leads to flexion contraction and reduced function, also known as Dupuytren's contracture.
- XIAFLEX is a biologic approved in the U.S., EU, Canada and Australia for the treatment of adult Dupuytren's contracture patients with a palpable cord and approved in the U.S. for the treatment of adult men with Peyronie's disease with a palpable plaque and penile curvature deformity of at least 30 degrees at the start of therapy.
- Shares up 1% premarket on average volume.
Fri, Sep. 23, 12:45 PM
Fri, Sep. 23, 11:01 AM
Fri, Sep. 23, 9:14 AM
Fri, Sep. 23, 8:35 AM
- Endo International plc (ENDP) announces that its Board of Directors has named Paul V. Campanelli President and Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. Mr. Campanelli currently serves as President of Endo's Generic and OTC drugs business, Par Pharmaceutical, which accounts for ~60% of Endo's total revenues through the first half of 2016.
- Campanelli joined Endo in 2015 following Endo's acquisition of Par, where he had served as CEO since 2012.
- Shares up 7% premarket
Fri, Aug. 19, 8:09 AM
- Luminex (NASDAQ:LMNX) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight by JPMorgan. Price target raised to $22 (0% upside) from $18.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE:VRX) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target raised to $42 (45% upside) from $33. Upgraded to Neutral from Underperform by Mizuho Securities. Price target raised to $25 (14% downside risk) from $11.
- AveXis (NASDAQ:AVXS) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Wells Fargo. Upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $42 (2% upside) price target by Jefferies.
- Histogenics (NASDAQ:HSGX) upgraded to Buy from Neutral with a $3.50 (10% upside) price target by BTIG Research.
- Endo International (NASDAQ:ENDP) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Mizuho Securities. Price target raised to $29 (26% upside) from $16.
- Cerulean Pharma (NASDAQ:CERU) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Leerink Swann. Downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Janney Capital. Reiterated Buy by Roth Capital. Price target lowered to $2.50 (108% upside) from $9.00.
- HMS Holdings (NASDAQ:HMSY) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Jefferies. Price target lowered to $19 (14% downside risk) from $23.
- Mirna Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MIRN) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by Citigroup. Price target lowered to $4.50 (50% upside) from $7.00.
- Concordia International (NASDAQ:CXRX) downgraded to Hold from Buy by GMP Securities. Maintained at Neutral but price target lowered to $13 (36% upside) from $26 by Goldman Sachs. Downgraded to Underperform from Sector Perform with a $7.80 (18% downside risk) price target by CIBC.
- Pernix Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PTX) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Brean Capital.
Fri, Aug. 12, 7:39 AM
- Endo International (NASDAQ:ENDP) has withdrawn its supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) seeking abuse-deterrent labeling for its opioid pain med OPANA ER (oxymorphone HCl). The company says it will continue collecting and analyzing epidemiological data related to the product. The action will not affect its 2016 financial guidance.
- An Ad Comm review was scheduled for this fall to discuss the sNDA.
- The abuse-deterrent version of OPANA ER is based on Grunenthal's INTAC technology which uses a high molecular weight polymer (polyethylene oxide) to harden pills making them resistant to crushing.
- Previously: Ad Comm to meet in fall to review Endo's sNDA for abuse-deterrent formulation of OPANA ER, July 29 PDUFA no good (June 15)
Tue, Aug. 9, 2:17 PM
- Endo International (ENDP +20.6%) surges to three-month highs after reporting Q2 earnings and a 25% Y/Y revenue increase that beat Wall Street expectations, boosted by the acquisition of Par Pharmaceutical.
- Par helped boost sales of Endo's U.S. generic drugs by 67% Y/Y, masking a 5% decline in the generics base business, but management already had warned about the drop as older generics face pricing pressures from increasing competition.
- Endo says Q2 delivered results across all its businesses that are on-track or ahead of company expectations for the quarter, as it reaffirms FY 2016 guidance for EPS of $4.50-$4.80 vs. $4.54 analyst consensus estimate and sees full-year revenues of $3.87B-$4.03B vs. $3.93B consensus.
- Analysts at Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank respond with respective stock price target increases to $22 and $31, while Mizuho Securities added that "business now appears more stable and less risky."
- Citi's Liav Abraham says Endo’s relatively uneventful quarter alleviates some caution around the stock following three consecutive quarterly earnings of negative surprises.
- Endo also says Joseph Ciaffoni, a former senior VP of Biogen's Global Specialty Medicines Group, is joining the company as president of its U.S. Branded Pharmaceuticals unit, effective Aug. 15.
Tue, Aug. 9, 12:46 PM
Tue, Aug. 9, 11:00 AM
Tue, Aug. 9, 9:19 AM
Mon, Aug. 8, 4:40 PM
Sun, Aug. 7, 5:35 PM
- AMPH, APLE, ARNA, ATSG, BKD, BLCM, BOJA, BWXT, CAI, CC, CLDX, CLNY, CLVS, CPE, CSC, CSLT, CUI, CVG, DTSI, DVA, EGN, EGY, ELNK, ENDP, ENV, FNV, HTZ, ICUI, IFF, IPHI, JPEP, KITE, LC, LXU, MAIN, MBI, MCHP, MODN, MTW, MXL, NCMI, NILE, NPTN, NUAN, NVGS, NVRO, NWSA, ONDK, OPK, OTTR, PFSW, PHH, PKY, PNM, PNNT, PRAA, PRI, RARE, RAX, RBA, RBC, REN, RMTI, ROG, RPD, RSPP, RWT, SHO, SINA, SREV, TUBE, TVIA, TWLO, VSLR, WB, WBMD, ZLTQ
Tue, Jun. 28, 2:57 AM
- Endo International (NASDAQ:ENDP) has held discussions with P-E firms about potential asset sales to reduce its more than $8B debt pile.
- Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) is investing $350M to build its first biotech center in China.
- Horizon Pharma (NASDAQ:HZNP) has hired Bank of America to help it explore selling a significant equity stake that would bolster its balance sheet.
Fri, Jun. 17, 7:06 AM
- Hill Rom Holdings (NYSE:HRC) upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. Price target raised to $62 (20% upside) from $54.
- Arbutus Biopharma (NASDAQ:ABUS) upgraded to Neutral from Sell by Chardan. Price target is $3.25 (1% downside risk).
- Achaogen (NASDAQ:AKAO) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral by Wedbush. Price target raised to $10 (111% upside) from $7.
- PRA Health Sciences (NASDAQ:PRAH) upgraded to Overweight from Sector Weight by KeyBanc. Price target is $55 (25% upside).
- Agios Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:AGIO) upgraded to Buy from Hold by JPMorgan. Price target raised to $62 (30% upside) from $50.
- Quidel (NASDAQ:QDEL) upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform by Raymond James. Price target is $21.50 (20% upside).
- Aptose Biosciences (NASDAQ:APTO) upgraded to Buy from Neutral by Roth Capital. Price target raised to $8 (186% upside) from $4.
- Endologix (NASDAQ:ELGX) upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $15.50 (23% upside) price target by Canaccord Genuity.
- Endo International (NASDAQ:ENDP) upgraded to Neutral from Underperform by Mizuho Securities. Price target raised to $16 (5% downside risk) from $13.
- United Therapeutics (NASDAQ:UTHR) downgraded to Neutral from Buy by H.C. Wainwright. Price target lowered to $95 (11% downside risk) from $175.
- Infinity Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:INFI) downgraded to Equal Weight from Overweight by Morgan Stanley. Price target lowered to $1 (32% downside risk) from $11.
- LDR Holding (NASDAQ:LDRH) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Cowen & Company.
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:MRNS) downgraded to Perform from Outperform by Oppenheimer. $17 price target removed. Also downgraded to Sector Perform from Outperform by RBC Capital.
- Mesoblast (NASDAQ:MESO) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform by Credit Suisse. Price target lowered to $5 (21% upside) from $10.
- Revance Therapeutics (NASDAQ:RVNC) downgraded to Hold from Buy by Brean Capital. Price target removed.
- OraSure (NASDAQ:OSUR) downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform by Raymond James. Price target is $8 (15% upside).