Nov. 5, 2013, 12:46 PM
Nov. 5, 2013, 9:18 AM
Nov. 5, 2013, 9:08 AM
- Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) looks set for a banner session, as the shares trade 38% higher premarket.
- Investors are cheering a licensing deal announced Monday which the company says could end up being worth more than $500M.
- Also moving sharply higher in morning trading is Endo Health Solutions (ENDP).
- The shares are now up nearly 25% after the company announced the acquisition of Paladin Labs (PLDLF), a move that is set to be EPS accretive sooner rather than later.
Sep. 17, 2013, 10:35 AM
- Goldman is out resuming and starting coverage on a bevy of healthcare names. Here are the bullish calls.
- Auxilium Pharmaceuticals (AUXL +2.9%) started at Buy (price target $23) as "very positive feedback from urologists [makes the firm] more comfortable that [AUXL] will be a solid growth story over the next several years." (see recent Xiaflex coverage)
- Endo Pharmaceuticals (ENDP +0.7%) resumed at Buy (price target $52) as new CEO Rajiv De Silva "has a strong track record of delivering value to shareholders." (see coverage of shareholder value initiatives/ restructuring)
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ +0.9%) initiated at Buy (price target $105) as the company's focus on "niche specialty areas that require limited investment, have significant pricing flexibility and have substantial barriers to entry" is underappreciated. Also, Goldman thinks JAZZ is an "attractive acquisition candidate." (see coverage on Irish domiciled takeout chatter)
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX +1.2%) resumed at Conviction Buy (price target $130) as investors "have not fully recognized the incremental value from its recent strategic acquisition of Bausch & Lomb."
Sep. 4, 2013, 11:36 AM
- Endo Pharmaceuticals (ENDP +2.2%) and BioDelivery Sciences (BDSI +0.2%) update investors on the Phase 3 development of BEMA Buprenorphine.
- Interim analyses show no adjustments to the sample size in the opioid naive study will be necessary.
- Patients will be added to the opioid experienced trial.
- ENDP says "no major impact is anticipated for the timing of the NDA submission" but notes that more definitive data regarding timetables will be provided once patient enrollment for the opioid experienced trial is complete. (PR)
Jun. 7, 2013, 2:48 PM
Jun. 5, 2013, 4:35 PM
Endo Health Solutions (ENDP) rises 2% AH after announcing initiatives to drive shareholder value. Among the company's plans: A $325M reduction in annual operating expenses, the exploration of strategic alternatives for its HealthTronics business, the pursuit of "accretive acquisitions," and the improvement of R&D efficiency. (PR)| Jun. 5, 2013, 4:35 PM
May 13, 2013, 12:20 PM
Endo Health Solutions (ENDP -2.6%) appears to have stabilized today, albeit lower, following a couple of trading halts on volatility just prior to Friday's close after the FDA denied its petition to halt generic competition to its painkiller Opana ER on safety grounds. The ruling will mean a big hit to earnings next quarter, and likely lead exploring options to mitigate the damage. Jefferies says the FDA was wrong, and acted "irrationally inconsistent" in its decision. Nonetheless, the firm lowers its price target on the shares from $47.00 to $37.00.| May 13, 2013, 12:20 PM
May 10, 2013, 5:47 PM
May 10, 2013, 4:15 PM
Today's decision by the FDA on Endo's (ENDP -5.3%) Opana ER puts to rest an aggressive campaign begun last October by the drug developer to keep generic versions off the market. In the end, the agency comes full circle, reiterating that the original formulation of Opana ER was not withdrawn for reasons of safety or effectiveness. Therefore, generic versions of the original formulation can continue to be approved and marketed. Following a brief resumption of trading just before the closing bell, the stock has since been halted a second time.| May 10, 2013, 4:15 PM
May 10, 2013, 3:36 PM
Apr. 16, 2013, 7:34 PM
Endo Health Solutions (ENDP) trades higher after hours as the FDA says it won't approve generic copies of the old version of OxyContin. The first patent on the old version expired today, and drug makers had been lining up to make copies. But the newer, reformulated OxyContin was found to be tougher to crush, break or dissolve, the FDA said, and "the benefits of the old formulation no longer outweigh its risks." Shares +5.6% AH.| Apr. 16, 2013, 7:34 PM
Apr. 16, 2013, 5:30 PM
Feb. 25, 2013, 11:34 AM
Endo Health Solutions (ENDP +7.1%) names Rajiv De Silva , who had been president of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX +0.6%), as it's president and CEO, effective March 18. De Silva, who will also join the Endo board of directors, succeeds its retiring current CEO David Holveck. The announcement eclipses a downgrade by Jefferies to Underweight, citing persistent uncertainty over the extent of generic competition on Opana ER and Lidoderm.| Feb. 25, 2013, 11:34 AM
Jan. 31, 2013, 4:58 AM
Endo Health (ENDP) closed +10.8% yesterday following a report that it has held buyout discussions with potential suitors such as Warner Chilcott (WCRX) and Valeant (VRX). Endo, which is looking for a CEO and has a market cap of $3.6B, is not holding an official auction process at the moment.| Jan. 31, 2013, 4:58 AM
Jan. 30, 2013, 2:38 PM