Enquest Plc,Grey Market
Mon, Jul. 18, 8:55 AM
- Delek Group (OTCPK:DGRLY) agrees to acquire a 20% stake in the U.K.-based Kraken oil field from EnQuest (OTC:ENQUF) for $162M, as it seeks opportunities outside the Israeli natural gas market.
- The purchase is part of Delek’s strategy to acquire industry know-how and grow into an international energy brand.
- Production in the Kraken field, which holds 147M barrels of heavy oil, is expected to begin in 2017.
Jan. 2, 2015, 2:55 PM
- Europe largely missed out on last year's $383B in oil and gas sector M&A activity, but Europe likely will get a bigger piece of the action in 2015 if current oil prices persist, according to Reuters' Fiona Maharg-Bravo.
- Net debt at smaller explorers such as Tullow Oil (OTCPK:TUWLF, OTCPK:TUWOY), Premier Oil (OTC:PMOIF), Afren (OTCPK:AFRNF) and EnQuest (OTC:ENQUF) could all reach 3x EBITDA if oil remains at $60/bbl through 2015, Barclays estimates.
- BG Group (OTCPK:BRGXF, OTCQX:BRGYY) has long been a target, and the new CEO starts in March; BP faces big liabilities in the Gulf of Mexico and volatility in Russia, it’s not clear if Shell (RDS.A, RDS.B) will make a move, while Exxon (NYSE:XOM) and other U.S. majors could be tempted.