Energizer Holdings, Inc.NYSE
Mon, Nov. 14, 5:06 PM
Wed, Nov. 9, 10:27 AM
- Energizer Holdings (ENR -1.7%) reports organic sales rose 1.7% in FQ4 due primarily to net distribution and space gains, pricing actions and timing of holiday shipments.
- North America sales increased 13.3% to $255.4M.
- Latin America sales declined 4.4% to $24.1M.
- EMEA sales slipped -0.7% to $82.4M.
- Asia Pacific sales grew 7.6% to $70.5M.
- Adjusted gross margin rate dropped 140 bps to 45.2%.
- Adjusted SG&A expense rate improved 80 bps to 21.5%.
- FY2017 Guidance: Net sales: to be up mid-single digits; Organic sales: flat to up low-single digits; Gross margin rate: +50 to +100 bps; SG&A expense rate: 19% to 20%; Tax rate: 30% to 31%; Adjusted EPS: $2.55 to $2.75; Free cash flow: exceed $180M; Capex: $30M to $35M.
Wed, Nov. 9, 5:25 AM
Tue, Nov. 8, 5:30 PM
Fri, Aug. 5, 9:36 AM
- NPD Group reports portable power pack sales were up 101% Y/Y for a two-week period in July following the introduction of Pokémon Go.
- Whether or not the sales pace sustains is still to be determined, but brands like Duracell (BRK.A, BRK.B), Dynex (owned by (NYSE:BBY)), Insignia (also BBY), Zagg (NASDAQ:ZAGG), Mophie (owned by Zagg) and Energizer (NYSE:ENR) are likely to see a boost to July sales.
Wed, Aug. 3, 6:47 AM
Tue, Aug. 2, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, AFAM, ALE, APO, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ATHM, ATRO, AVA, CDK, CDW, CEVA, CLDT, CLH, CLX, CRL, CROX, CRTO, CSTE, CWEI, D, DDD, DIN, DLPH, DM, DNOW, DOC, EE, ENR, FCPT, FUN, GEL, HFC, HUM, HYH, ICE, ING, INSY, INXN, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LINC, LMOS, MDC, MEMP, MFA, MTOR, NBL, NSM, NVMI, ODP, ORBK, OXY, PERI, POR, RRD, SBGI, SC, SCMP, SE, SHOP, SMG, SMP, SPR, SR, SUM, TMHC, TWX, USAK, VER, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, XEL, ZTS
Mon, Aug. 1, 4:47 PM
Wed, Jul. 13, 11:35 AM
- It's steady as she goes again for the group of well-known consumer staples stocks that investors continue to find appealing amid global volatility and low interest rates.
- Procter & Gamble (PG +0.2%), Colgate-Palmolive (CL +0.4%), Clorox (CLX +0.6%), Kimbery-Clark (KMB +0.3%), Coca-Cola (KO +0.2%), PepsiCo (PEP +0.7%), Altria Group (MO +0.5%), Philip Morris International (PM +0.1%), Church & Dwight (CHD +0.3%), and Unilever (UN, UL) have all outperformed the S&P 500 Index this year with returns ranging from 7% to 18%. Kraft Heinz (KHC +1%), Energizer (ENR -0.6%), Hershey (HSY +0.4%), Campbell Soup (CPB +0.3%), and J.M. Smucker (SJM +0.4%) are all up at least 20% YTD.
- Goldman Sachs has an explanation on why a generous valuation is warranted for the staples favorites.
- "We raise our average Staples target multiples to 20-22X P/E, up from the 19-20X range prior, to reflect the recent decline in 10-year yield as well as some likelihood of a slower rise in yield over the next 12 months and broader market volatility," wrote the MNST)+(NYSE:STZ)+(NYSE:PF)/11822884.html" target="_blank">analyst team covering the sector in a note to investors.
- Top consumer staples picks from GS include Monster Beverage (MNST +0.4%), Constellation Brands (STZ +0.2%), Pinnacle Foods (PF +1.2%), and Post Holdings (POST +0.5%).
- Consumer staples ETFs: XLP, VDC, FXG, RHS, FSTA, PSL, PSCC.
Thu, Jul. 7, 12:15 PM
Tue, May 24, 3:05 PM
- The trademark infringement case pitting Energizer Holdings (ENR +5.5%) against Duracell moves forward after a district judge rejected a dismissal attempt.
- Energizer filed the lawsuit due to the use of pink bunnies on Duracell battery packages.
- The Energizer Bunny is a well-known marketing symbol.
- The legal trouble passed from Procter & Gamble to Berkshire Hathaway with the sale of Duracell earlier this year.
Tue, May 24, 9:58 AM
- Energizer (ENR +3.6%) agrees to acquire HandStands Holding, a a Utah-based manufacturer of car fragrance and cleaning products, from Trivest Partners for $340M.
- ENR expects earnings accretion from the transaction in the first full fiscal year following the close of $0.15-$0.20/share.
- HandStand's 2015 net sales totaled $128M, and more than 75% of its U.S. sales are at existing Energizer retailers.
Tue, May 10, 5:37 PM
- Energizer Holdings (NYSE:ENR) declares $0.25/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.24%
- Payable June 20; for shareholders of record May 31; ex-div May 26.
Wed, May 4, 6:42 AM
- Energizer Holdings (NYSE:ENR) reports organic sales rose 0.5% in FQ2 due primarily to distribution and space gains and storm related volumes.
- North America sales declined 0.5% to $168.8M.
- Latin America sales fell 22.8% to $26.1M.
- EMEA sales dropped 3.7% to $76.3M.
- Asia Pacific sales were down 15.5% to $62.8M.
- Adjusted gross margin rate slipped 430 bps to 42.9%.
- Adjusted SG&A expense rate grew 180 bps to 24.3%.
- Adjusted EBITDA squeezed 25.5% to $51.4M.
- FY2016 Guidance: Net sales: to be down low single digits; Organic sales: to be up low-single digits; Gross margin rate: -250 bps; SG&A expense rate: to be in the low 20's; Adjusted EBITDA: $280M to $300M; Tax rate: 29% to 30%; Adjusted EPS: $2.15 to $2.25; Free cash flow: exceed $150M.
Wed, May 4, 5:47 AM
- Energizer Holdings (NYSE:ENR): FQ2 EPS of $0.30 beats by $0.09.
- Revenue of $334M (-6.4% Y/Y) beats by $17.76M.
Tue, May 3, 5:30 PM
- AFAM, ARCC, ARCO, ARQL, ASC, ATRO, AVA, AYR, BDC, BUD, CDW, CHH, CLH, CPK, CRK, CRL, CRTO, CRZO, CSTE, D, DLPH, DNOW, ECYT, EE, ENR, FUN, GEL, GNRC, GTE, HAIN, HE, HFC, HSC, HSNI, HTWR, HYH, ICE, INXN, IONS, IRT, KATE, KLIC, LGND, MEMP, MFA, MMP, MOS, MPW, MTOR, NBL, NGS, NJR, NRZ, NVMI, NXTM, OMF, ONCE, ORBK, PCG, PCLN, RDC, RDS.A, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SERV, SHOP, SMP, SPAR, SR, SRE, SSTK, STRA, TGH, TGI, TMHC, TREE, TWX, VIRT, VOYA, VSI, WD, WIX, ZTS