Tue, Jul. 5, 6:37 PM
- Ensign Group (ENSG -1.9%) has acquired Riverbend Post Acute Rehabilitation, a Kansas City skilled nursing facility.
- The deal includes the underlying real estate. Riverbend -- which features a 161-bed skilled nursing operation and 10-bed assisted living facility -- adds to Ensign's operations in skilled nursing, rehab care, home healthcare, hospice and assisted living.
- Ensign's portfolio now includes 207 healthcare facilities across 14 states, and it's looking for more opportunities to acquiring real estates and lease more businesses across the U.S.
- Riverbend, previously operated by a faith-based nonprofit, had an occupancy rate of about 56% at the time of acquisition (July 1).
Jul. 17, 2014, 10:31 AM
- Ensign Group (ENSG +2.2%) acquires Keiro Nursing Home, a 300-bed skilled nursing facilty in Lincoln Heights, South Bay Keiro Nursing Home, a 98-bed skilled nursing facility in Gardena, Keiro Retirement Home, a 127-unit assisted living facility in Boyle Heights and Keiro Intermediate Care Facility, a 90-bed operation also in Boyle Heights.
- Not-for-profit Keiro Senior Healthcare has been in operation since 1961 providing care to aging Japanese Americans.
- The facilities will be purchased with cash and will be operated by Ensign's California subsidiaries. The deal is expected to close in Q4. Financial terms are not disclosed.
Jul. 7, 2014, 4:27 PM
- The Ensign Group (ENSG -1.4%) acquires Beacon Hill Rehabilitation, a 67-bed skilled nursing facility located in Longview, WA. Ensign is currently operating Beacon Hill under a long-term master lease agreement. Its occupancy rate is ~75% and it will be modestly accretive to earnings in 2014.
- Ensign's portfolio consists of 126 healthcare facilities, nine hospices, ten home health agencies and twelve urgent care clinics across twelve states.
Jun. 3, 2014, 7:42 AM
- The Ensign Group (ENSG) acquires Englewood Post-Acute and Rehabilitation, an 82-bed skilled nursing facility in Englewood, CO and Ranier Rehabilitation, a 117-bed skilled nursing facility in Puyallup, WA. The combined occupancy of the two operations is 71%. Together, they will be mildly accretive to earnings in 2014.
- The firm also acquires two skilled nursing facilities in Wisconsin: the 95-bed Pine Manor Healthcare Center and the 60-bed Greentree Health & Rehabilitation Center.
- Financial terms are not disclosed.
Mar. 25, 2013, 7:49 PM
The Ensign Group's (ENSG) urgent care subsidiary, Immediate Clinic Healthcare, has agreed to sell Doctors Express, a national urgent care franchise system, to American Family Care. Financial details of the agreement were not disclosed.| Mar. 25, 2013, 7:49 PM
Mar. 5, 2013, 3:32 PM
The Ensign Group (ENSG +3%) moves up today after acquiring Legacy Rehabilitation and Living, a 150-bed skilled nursing facility in Amarillo, Texas. The company expects the newly-acquired facility, which had an occupancy rate of 50% at acquisition, to be accretive to earnings in FY13.| Mar. 5, 2013, 3:32 PM
Mar. 7, 2012, 6:44 AM
Feb. 13, 2012, 6:47 AM