Insider Buying And A Business On The Cusp Of Inflection: Shares Have 58% Upside
Ashraf Eassa • 13 Comments
Ashraf Eassa • 13 Comments
Stay Patient With Entropic
Apr. 22, 2015, 4:57 PM
- Entropic Communications (NASDAQ:ENTR): Q1 EPS of $0.06 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $48.7M (+14.3% Y/Y) beats by $3.45M.
- Shares +3.9%.
Feb. 3, 2015, 4:30 PM
- Entropic Communications (NASDAQ:ENTR): Q4 EPS of -$0.06 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $42.58M (-26.5% Y/Y) beats by $0.11M.
- Shares -0.38%.
Feb. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
Nov. 10, 2014, 8:03 AM
- Along with its Q3 results, Entropic (NASDAQ:ENTR) announces CEO Patrick Henry is resigning, and also leaving the board. He's being replaced by Ted Tewksbury, a director and once the CEO of fellow chipmaker IDT.
- Entropic is ending product development for set-top SoCs, a market where it has had a tough time competing against Broadcom and STMicroelectronics. The company will now focus on its MoCA (home networking), satellite outdoor unit, and broadband modem IC businesses.
- As part of its strategy shift, Entropic is cutting 200 jobs (40% of its workforce). It expects $9M-$11M in restructuring charges, and $44M/year in cost savings. Facilities in Shanghai, Belfast, and San Jose will be closed.
- The set-top business is still expected to "contribute meaningful revenue for the next three years or more," due to existing products/design wins. Entropic's exploration of "strategic alternatives" (previous) continues.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 10, 2014, 7:08 AM
- Entropic Communications (NASDAQ:ENTR): Q3 EPS of -$0.11 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $43.18M (-23.4% Y/Y) misses by $1.96M.
Nov. 9, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 31, 2014, 2:27 PM
- Though Entropic's (NASDAQ:ENTR) Q2 revenue was nearly in-line, the chipmaker guided on its CC (transcript) for Q3 revenue of $49M-$51M, -11% Y/Y at the midpoint and below a $51.9M consensus.
- EPS guidance of -$0.11 is slightly above a -$0.12 consensus thanks to expected gross margin improvement (53%-54% in Q3 vs. 52.5% in Q2)
- Entropic, which announced huge job cuts last month, expects chip sales for outdoor satellite units (ODUs) to get a lift from seasonality, but adds this will be offset by weak sales of "legacy" set-top SoCs.
- Q2 results were pressured by seasonal weakness in satellite ODU chip and set-top SoC sales, and a drop in sales of MoCA home networking chips for Verizon deployments.
- Entropic claims strong interest in a next-gen MoCA solution from multiple OEMs, and says it's working with satellite providers to design new channel stacking switches (CSS - part of Entropic's ODU offerings) into next-gen hardware.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 30, 2014, 4:16 PM
- Entropic Communications (NASDAQ:ENTR): Q2 EPS of -$0.12 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $50.2M (-28.9% Y/Y) misses by $0.74M.
Jul. 29, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABX, AEL, AEM, AKAM, ALB, ALL, ALLE, AMC, ANIK, ARII, ASGN, ATEN, ATW, AUY, AVG, BALT, BGC, BMRN, CATM, CAVM, CBT, CENX, CHDN, CJES, CLUB, CMO, CNL, CNW, CODE, COHR, CTRP, CW, CWT, DDR, DRE, DRIV, EGN, EHTH, ELGX, ENTR, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXL, EXR, FBHS, FEIC, FISH, FMC, FNF, FOE, FORM, FORR, GLUU, HIG, HK, HOLX, HOS, HR, HTH, INT, IPI, ISIL, KBR, KEX, KGC, KRFT, KS, LGCY, LNC, LOCK, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MOBL, MOH, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NANO, NE, NEWP, NOW, OI, OTEX, PDM, PEIX, PGTI, PPC, PVA, QUIK, RKUS, ROVI, RRTS, SAM, SBRA, SCI, SFLY, SIMG, SPN, SPRT, SSS, STAA, STAG, STMP, STR, SU, SZYM, TCO, TGB, TGI, TS, TSO, TTEK, TTMI, TWTC, UNM, VGR, VPRT, WDC, WFM, WLL, WMB, WPZ, WSTL, WTW, YELP
Jun. 9, 2014, 6:07 PM
- In an attempt to pare R&D spend, Entropic (ENTR) is closing/consolidating several facilities, including engineering sites in Texas, Israel, India, and Taiwan. 30% of the staff at the facilities have been given offers to relocate to one of its California site.
- Entropic expects $6M/quarter in savings starting in Q4, and to record a $5M pre-tax charge (75% in cash).
- Along with the job cuts, Entropic warns it expects Q2 revenue of $50M-$51M and EPS of -$0.13, below a consensus of $54M and -$0.11.
- Previous: 52-week lows for Entropic following light sales outlook
May 2, 2014, 12:03 PM
- Citing seasonal softness for run-rate products (particularly ones sold to satellite TV providers) Entropic (ENTR -7.3%) guided on its Q1 CC (transcript) for Q2 revenue of $53M-$55M, below a $55.3M consensus. EPS is expected to be in a range of -$0.10 to -$0.12 vs. a -$0.10 consensus.
- Having reported a 25% Y/Y sales drop for Q1 and guided for a roughly similar drop for Q2, Entropic is counting on design wins for next-gen Comcast X1/X2 set-tops and second-gen digital channel stacking switch (CSS) solutions for satellite set-tops to fuel a rebound.
- Comcast shipments are expected to ramp in Q4 before seeing "a more significant and material ramp" in 2015. Second-gen CSS shipments are expected to ramp "in earnest" in mid-2015 before seeing "more material contribution in 2016."
- Entropic admits its second-gen CSS solution is arriving "a little bit later than some of the competitors that were out there," but insists it's "in very good shape with a superior solution that's the lowest power, highest performance and highest level of integration in the industry."
- Q1 results, PR
May 1, 2014, 4:21 PM
- Entropic Communications, Inc. (ENTR): Q1 EPS of -$0.17 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $55.7M (-25.2% Y/Y) beats by $0.13M.
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABFS, ABTL, ACGL, ADNC, ADUS, AEM, AFFX, AHS, AIV, AKAM, ALDW, ALJ, AVD, BAGL, BBG, BCOR, BJRI, BKH, BMRN, BYI, CALD, CERS, CHGG, CPSI, CSOD, CTCT, CTRL, CUBE, CVD, DCT, DGI, DRC, DVA, DXCM, EGO, EHTH, ELLI, ENTR, EPAY, EXEL, EXPE, FI, FLR, FLT, GERN, HCI, HME, HT, HTCH, HTGC, IMMR, IMPV, INVN, IPXL, ITMN, KEYW, KOG, KRFT, LAYN, LNKD, LNT, LRE, MCRS, MHK, MITK, MODN, MOH, MRC, MTW, MTZ, MXWL, NGVC, NTRI, NU, OIS, OMCL, ONNN, ONTY, OPEN, OUTR, PCCC, PKT, PMCS, PSA, QLGC, RBCN, SBAC, SEM, SGEN, SKUL, SNAK, SPF, SQNM, SREV, SSNC, SWIR, SWN, TEG, TPX, TS, TSYS, VRTX, WU, WWWW, WYNN, XL, XPO.
Feb. 5, 2014, 4:41 PM
- Entropic Communications, Inc. (ENTR): Q4 EPS of -$0.06 in-line.
- Revenue of $57.9M (-35.5% Y/Y) misses by $0.12M.
Feb. 5, 2014, 12:10 AM
- AFFX, AIZ, AKAM, ALL, ARMK, ATML, AVNR, BDN, BKD, BMR, BOFI, CALD, CBG, CINF, CNW, DIS, DRIV, EDMC, ENS, ENTR, FEIC, FISV, FLT, FMC, FORM, GEOS, GIL, GLUU, GMCR, GPRE, IRBT, KIM, LNC, MAA, MRO, MTD, MTGE, NXPI, OESX, ONVO, ORLY, OSUR, P, PAA, PMT, PNNT, PRU, QUIK, RE, RLD, SCSS, SFLY, SNCR, SPF, SRCL, SWI, SWIR, SWM, THG, TQNT, TSO, TTMI, TWO, TWTR, TYL, UHAL, WGL, WNC, XL, YELP
Entropic Communications Inc provides semiconductor solutions. The Company transform how traditional HDTV broadcast and Internet protocol, or IP,-based streaming video content is distributed throughout the homes.
Industry: Semiconductor - Broad Line
Country: United States
Other News & PR