EOG Resources Q3 Earnings Preview: Delaware Basin, Second Bone Spring, Leonard Shales
- EOG could add hundreds of millions of BOE to its resource potential as it actively explores the Second Bone Spring interval.
- Investors should look out for the production results of EOG's new Second Bone Spring wells.
- If results continue to be strong in the Second Bone Spring interval, EOG will be justified in its plan to ramp up drilling activity next year.
- Downspacing in the Leonard shale above the Second Bone Spring will also help EOG grow its drilling inventory and reserve base.
- Due to the Leonard being on top of the Second Bone Spring, techniques used in the Leonard could possibly be applied to the Second Bone Spring interval.