Apr. 29, 2014, 8:05 AM
- If Pfizer (PFE) is successful in its plan to acquire AstraZeneca (AZN) and redomicile in the U.K., it will join a growing list of other U.S. firms who have executed similar transactions in order to lower their tax bills.
- Members of Congress say that the moves are symptomatic of the need to revamp the U.S. tax code.
- The U.K. corporate tax rate is 21% compared to the top U.S. rate of 35%. American firms must also pay taxes when they repatriate foreign profits after receiving credits for foreign taxes. This is why the ex-U.S. corporate cash horde is so large.
- Pfizer's 2013 tax rate was 27%.
- ETFs: SPY, QQQ, SH, DIA, SSO, SDS, PSQ, VOO, IVV, SPXU, UPRO, SPLV, TQQQ, SPXL, QID, PRF, SPXS, RSP, SQQQ, DOG, QLD, DXD, RWL, EPS, UDOW, SDOW, USMV, DDM, VV, SCHX, IWB, OEF, SPHB, NY, MGC, BXUB, QQEW, QQQE, VONE, FEX, JKD, XLG, TRND, SFLA, EQL, QQXT, BXUC, SPLX, ROLA, BXDB, EEH, TNDQ, SPXH, ONEK, IWL, TRSK, PXLC, EWRI, ERW, FWDD, LGLV, FMK, ALTL, SYE
WisdomTree Earnings 500 Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the WisdomTree Earnings 500 Index.
The WisdomTree Earnings 500 Index is a fundamentally weighted index that measures the performance of earnings-generating companies within the large-capitalization segment of the U.S. Stock Market. Companies in the index are incorporated and listed in the U.S and have generated positive cumulative earnings over their most recent four fiscal quarters prior to the index measurement date. The index is comprised of the 500 largest companies ranked by market capitalization in the WisdomTree Earnings Index. The index is earnings-weighted in December of each year to reflect the proportionate share of the aggregate earnings each component company has generated. Companies with greater earnings generally have larger weights in the index. WisdomTree Investments uses "Core Earnings", computed by Standard & Poors, as the weighting metric. Core Earnings is a standardized calculation of earnings developed by Standard & Poors designed to include expenses, incomes and activities that reflect the actual profitability of an enterprises ongoing operations.
See more details on sponsor's website
- In Your Portfolio: A Guide to Fundamental ETFs, Core Building Blocks: A Guide to ETFs That Divide the U.S. Stock Market by Market Cap
- Asset Class Performance: ETF Strategies, Market Cap ETFs