Wed, Oct. 28, 4:11 PM
Tue, Oct. 27, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AFFX, AFOP, AMGN, ANIK, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ATML, BANC, BLKB, BWLD, CACI, CAVM, CBL, CGI, CHDN, CLI, CMO, CMPR, CNL, CNO, CNW, CRUS, CSGP, CW, CWT, DRE, DYAX, ECHO, ELLI, EPR, EQIX, EQY, ESIO, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FFIV, FMC, FORM, FORR, FR, GPRO, HBI, HLS, HOS, HT, HUBG, HY, INT, INVN, ISIL, KEX, KRA, KS, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, MAA, MANT, MAR, MC, MEOH, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NE, NEM, NGD, NSIT, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OGS, OII, ORLY, OTEX, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QGEN, QUIK, REG, ROG, ROVI, RRC, SCI, SGI, SGMO, SIMO, SPN, SPRT, SPWR, SSS, STAA, SU, TAL, THG, THRX, TILE, TLLP, TSO, TTMI, UNM, VAR, VECO, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WLL, WMB, WSTL, WTS, YELP
Fri, Aug. 21, 3:30 PM
- These income favorites often catch a wave of buying when the major averages sell off and yields fall, but the panicky action today is taking down nearly all equities.
- The iShares DJ U.S. Real Estate ETF (IYR -1.7%) and the iShares FTSE NAREIT Mortgage REIT ETF (REM -1.6%), however, are outperforming the S&P 500's 2.7% decline.
- Previously: Just a modest rally for Treasurys as stocks crumble (Aug. 21)
- Leading the mREITs lower is Javelin Mortgage (JMI -5.9%), with SA contributor ColoradoWealthManagementFund noting the company has stopped buying back stock despite its wide discount to book value. The sector as a whole looks like it will continue to have to deal with widening spreads and rising prepayments, and still have a looming rate hike cycle on the horizon.
- Armour Residential (ARR -2%), CYS Investments (CYS -1.8%), Annaly (NLY -1.2%), American Capital Agency (AGNC -1.8%), Arlington Asset (AI -2.4%), Orchid Island (ORC -2.5%), Dynex (DX -2%), Capstead Mortgage (CMO -1.3%).
- Equity REITs: Realty Income (O -0.7%), Vereit (VER -2.3%), Health Care REIT (HCN -1%), HCP (HCP -1.1%), Gramercy Property (GPT -3.1%), Equity Residential (EQY -1.6%), Simon Property (SPG -0.5%), Kimco (KIM -2.1%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -2.8%), Stag Industrial (STAG -1.4%), American Campus (ACC -1.1%), Public Storage (PSA -1%).
Mon, Aug. 10, 4:39 PM
Wed, Jul. 29, 4:22 PM
Tue, Jul. 28, 5:35 PM
- ACGL, AEGN, AEL, AEM, AFFX, ALGT, ANIK, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ASH, ATW, BANC, BAX, BKCC, BLKB, BXP, CAVM, CBL, CEMP, CGI, CHDN, CHMT, CLD, CMO, CMPR, CNO, CNW, CROX, CSGP, CW, CWT, CXO, DDR, DOX, DRE, DYAX, EHTH, ELY, EQIX, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FARO, FB, FBP, FICO, FISV, FMI, FNF, FOE, FORM, FORR, HLS, HOLX, HOS, HY, IPCM, ISIL, IXYS, KEG, KEX, KGC, KRA, KRG, KS, LNC, LOCK, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MC, MCK, MDAS, MEOH, MET, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NBIX, NE, NOW, NSIT, NTRI, NXPI, O, OGS, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PDM, PEGA, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PTC, PVA, QGEN, QUIK, RKUS, ROG, RRTS, SBAC, SCI, SCTY, SFLY, SGMO, SKX, SPRT, SSNC, SSS, STAA, SU, TAL, TER, THG, THRM, THRX, TILE, TTEK, UNM, VAR, VGR, VNDA, VRTX, WDC, WES, WFM, WGP, WLL, WMB, WMGI, WSTL, WTS, WYNN
Thu, May 14, 4:49 PM
- The team at Wells Fargo finds seven REITs most at risk of a takeover, writes Jake Mooney at SNL Financial. What they have in common are sustained discounts to NAV, market caps less than $5B, and relatively low debt ratios - important because it allows added leverage without violating debt covenants.
- At risk? The higher debt loads following a privatization could be harmful to existing bondholders. Stockholders, of course, might feel differently.
- The seven: Mack-Cali (NYSE:CLI), Education Realty Trust (NYSE:EDR), Equity One (NYSE:EQY), Healthcare Realty (NYSE:HR), Retail Opportunity Investments (NASDAQ:ROIC), Post Properties (NYSE:PPS), and Washington Real Estate (NYSE:WRE).
- In the right environment, why limit candidates to smaller REITs? Stifel's Daniel Bernstein suggests Ventas (NYSE:VTR) could go for the equivalent of a 5% cap rate or $90 per share, given Blackstone paid a 6.2% cap rate for Excel Trust, and Associated Estates sold with a cap rate below 5%. Similar cap rates would produce tasty premiums for HCP, Health Care REIT (NYSE:HCN), Healthcare Realty Trust (HR), and Healthcare Trust of America (NYSE:HTA).
Fri, May 8, 4:28 PM
Wed, Apr. 29, 4:10 PM
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:35 PM
- AEL, AFFX, AR, ARII, ARRS, ASGN, ASH, ATRC, ATW, AVG, AXS, BIDU, BLKB, BVN, CACI, CAVM, CBT, CHMT, CMO, CMPR, CNO, CNW, COHR, CRL, CSGP, CSII, CW, CWT, DOX, DRE, DXCM, DYAX, ECOL, ELGX, EQIX, EQY, ES, ESV, EXL, EXR, FLEX, FOE, FORM, FORR, GLUU, HOLX, HOS, HY, IPCM, ISIL, KAMN, KEG, KEX, KRA, LNC, LOCK, LOPE, LXRX, MAA, MAC, MANT, MAR, MDAS, MEOH, MEP, MMLP, MTGE, MTW, MUR, NE, NSR, NXPI, O, OGS, OIS, PDM, PPC, PRXL, PTC, QEP, QUIK, RKT, ROG, RRTS, SAM, SCI, SFLY, SGI, SPOK, SPRT, SSS, STAA, STR, SU, TAL, TCO, TEX, TILE, TTEK, TTMI, TX, UNM, VAR, VRTX, WLL, WMB, WMGI, WTS, XL, YELP
Thu, Mar. 19, 8:57 AM
- Equity One's (NYSE:EQY) 3.9M share offering prices at $27.05 each. The underwriter greenshoe is for another 585K shares at that price.
- Net proceeds will be used to fund the redemption of the company's 5.375% notes due in October.
- In addition, the company's largest stockholder - Gazit-Globe - has agreed to purchase 600K shares in a private placement.
- Source: Press Release
- Shares -2.4% premarket to $26.70.
Fri, Mar. 6, 4:15 PM
Wed, Feb. 18, 10:14 AM
- Q4 recurring FFO of $40.2M or $0.30 per share vs. $38.4M and $0.30 one year ago.
- Same-property NOI growth of 4.3% Y/Y. Shopping center occupancy of 95%, up 260 basis points from a year ago.
- Average base rents of $17.34 per square foot up 7.3% Y/Y.
- 2015 guidance: Recurring FFO per share of $1.28-$1.31 vs. $1.28 for 2014.
- Previously: Equity One FFO in-line, misses on revenue (Feb. 17)
- EQY -0.9%
- Evercore ISI takes the occasion of earnings to ring the register on its buy call.
Tue, Feb. 17, 4:01 PM
Mon, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM
Fri, Feb. 6, 10:19 AM
- Equity REITs have had as a big of a move as any sector over the past year as interest rates confounded the experts and continued to fall. WIth today's jobs report and a summer rate hike looking far more likely, fans of the income favorites are reassessing.
- Realty Income (O -4.3%), National Retail Properties (NNN -3.9%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -3.5%), Ventas (VTR -4%), HCP (HCP -2.3%), Equity Residential (EQY -2%), Essex Property (ESS -2.1%), Simon Property (SPG -2.1%), General Growth (GGP -1.5%), Inland Real Estate (IRC -2.3%), Federal Realty (FRT -2.6%), Extra Space Storage (EXR -2.1%), Government Properties (GOV -1.8%), Washington Real Estate (WRE -2.1%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -1.8%), Chambers Street (CSG -1.5%), American Campus Communities (ACC -1.5%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, ICF, SCHH, RWR, KBWY, DRV, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
Other News & PR