Equity One: A Shopping Center REIT For 2017?
Dec. 11, 2015, 9:28 AM
- Gazit-Globe (NYSE:GZT) sells 4.2M shares of Equity One (NYSE:EQY) in a secondary offering which reportedly priced at $26 per share. The underwriters have an option to buy up to another 630K share at that price.
- The sale brings GZT's stake in EQY down to 50.3M shares, or 39% of the company.
- EQY -2.4% premarket to $25.60.
Dec. 10, 2015, 9:48 AM
Aug. 21, 2015, 3:30 PM
- These income favorites often catch a wave of buying when the major averages sell off and yields fall, but the panicky action today is taking down nearly all equities.
- The iShares DJ U.S. Real Estate ETF (IYR -1.7%) and the iShares FTSE NAREIT Mortgage REIT ETF (REM -1.6%), however, are outperforming the S&P 500's 2.7% decline.
- Previously: Just a modest rally for Treasurys as stocks crumble (Aug. 21)
- Leading the mREITs lower is Javelin Mortgage (JMI -5.9%), with SA contributor ColoradoWealthManagementFund noting the company has stopped buying back stock despite its wide discount to book value. The sector as a whole looks like it will continue to have to deal with widening spreads and rising prepayments, and still have a looming rate hike cycle on the horizon.
- Armour Residential (ARR -2%), CYS Investments (CYS -1.8%), Annaly (NLY -1.2%), American Capital Agency (AGNC -1.8%), Arlington Asset (AI -2.4%), Orchid Island (ORC -2.5%), Dynex (DX -2%), Capstead Mortgage (CMO -1.3%).
- Equity REITs: Realty Income (O -0.7%), Vereit (VER -2.3%), Health Care REIT (HCN -1%), HCP (HCP -1.1%), Gramercy Property (GPT -3.1%), Equity Residential (EQY -1.6%), Simon Property (SPG -0.5%), Kimco (KIM -2.1%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -2.8%), Stag Industrial (STAG -1.4%), American Campus (ACC -1.1%), Public Storage (PSA -1%).
Mar. 19, 2015, 8:57 AM
- Equity One's (NYSE:EQY) 3.9M share offering prices at $27.05 each. The underwriter greenshoe is for another 585K shares at that price.
- Net proceeds will be used to fund the redemption of the company's 5.375% notes due in October.
- In addition, the company's largest stockholder - Gazit-Globe - has agreed to purchase 600K shares in a private placement.
- Shares -2.4% premarket to $26.70.
Feb. 6, 2015, 10:19 AM
- Equity REITs have had as a big of a move as any sector over the past year as interest rates confounded the experts and continued to fall. WIth today's jobs report and a summer rate hike looking far more likely, fans of the income favorites are reassessing.
- Realty Income (O -4.3%), National Retail Properties (NNN -3.9%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -3.5%), Ventas (VTR -4%), HCP (HCP -2.3%), Equity Residential (EQY -2%), Essex Property (ESS -2.1%), Simon Property (SPG -2.1%), General Growth (GGP -1.5%), Inland Real Estate (IRC -2.3%), Federal Realty (FRT -2.6%), Extra Space Storage (EXR -2.1%), Government Properties (GOV -1.8%), Washington Real Estate (WRE -2.1%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -1.8%), Chambers Street (CSG -1.5%), American Campus Communities (ACC -1.5%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, ICF, SCHH, RWR, KBWY, DRV, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
Oct. 2, 2014, 10:06 AM
Sep. 10, 2014, 9:04 AM
- The 3.825M share offering priced at $23.30 per share, and the underwriters have an option to buy another 573.75K shares at that price.
- Alongside the public offering, Equity One's (NYSE:EQY) largest shareholder - real estate developer Gazit-Globe - agrees to a direct purchase from Equity One of another 675K shares.
- The stock's lower by 2% premarket
Equity One, Inc. is a real estate investment trust that owns, manages, acquires, develops and redevelops shopping centers and retail properties located primarily in supply constrained suburban and urban communities. It's consolidated shopping center portfolio comprised 122 properties, including... More
Industry: REIT - Retail
Country: United States
Other News & PR