Fri, Aug. 21, 3:30 PM
- These income favorites often catch a wave of buying when the major averages sell off and yields fall, but the panicky action today is taking down nearly all equities.
- The iShares DJ U.S. Real Estate ETF (IYR -1.7%) and the iShares FTSE NAREIT Mortgage REIT ETF (REM -1.6%), however, are outperforming the S&P 500's 2.7% decline.
- Previously: Just a modest rally for Treasurys as stocks crumble (Aug. 21)
- Leading the mREITs lower is Javelin Mortgage (JMI -5.9%), with SA contributor ColoradoWealthManagementFund noting the company has stopped buying back stock despite its wide discount to book value. The sector as a whole looks like it will continue to have to deal with widening spreads and rising prepayments, and still have a looming rate hike cycle on the horizon.
- Armour Residential (ARR -2%), CYS Investments (CYS -1.8%), Annaly (NLY -1.2%), American Capital Agency (AGNC -1.8%), Arlington Asset (AI -2.4%), Orchid Island (ORC -2.5%), Dynex (DX -2%), Capstead Mortgage (CMO -1.3%).
- Equity REITs: Realty Income (O -0.7%), Vereit (VER -2.3%), Health Care REIT (HCN -1%), HCP (HCP -1.1%), Gramercy Property (GPT -3.1%), Equity Residential (EQY -1.6%), Simon Property (SPG -0.5%), Kimco (KIM -2.1%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -2.8%), Stag Industrial (STAG -1.4%), American Campus (ACC -1.1%), Public Storage (PSA -1%).
Thu, Mar. 19, 8:57 AM
- Equity One's (NYSE:EQY) 3.9M share offering prices at $27.05 each. The underwriter greenshoe is for another 585K shares at that price.
- Net proceeds will be used to fund the redemption of the company's 5.375% notes due in October.
- In addition, the company's largest stockholder - Gazit-Globe - has agreed to purchase 600K shares in a private placement.
- Source: Press Release
- Shares -2.4% premarket to $26.70.
Fri, Feb. 6, 10:19 AM
- Equity REITs have had as a big of a move as any sector over the past year as interest rates confounded the experts and continued to fall. WIth today's jobs report and a summer rate hike looking far more likely, fans of the income favorites are reassessing.
- Realty Income (O -4.3%), National Retail Properties (NNN -3.9%), Omega Healthcare (OHI -3.5%), Ventas (VTR -4%), HCP (HCP -2.3%), Equity Residential (EQY -2%), Essex Property (ESS -2.1%), Simon Property (SPG -2.1%), General Growth (GGP -1.5%), Inland Real Estate (IRC -2.3%), Federal Realty (FRT -2.6%), Extra Space Storage (EXR -2.1%), Government Properties (GOV -1.8%), Washington Real Estate (WRE -2.1%), Hospitality Properties (HPT -1.8%), Chambers Street (CSG -1.5%), American Campus Communities (ACC -1.5%).
- ETFs: IYR, VNQ, DRN, URE, SRS, ICF, SCHH, RWR, KBWY, DRV, REK, FRI, FTY, PSR, WREI
Oct. 2, 2014, 10:06 AM
Sep. 10, 2014, 9:04 AM
- The 3.825M share offering priced at $23.30 per share, and the underwriters have an option to buy another 573.75K shares at that price.
- Alongside the public offering, Equity One's (NYSE:EQY) largest shareholder - real estate developer Gazit-Globe - agrees to a direct purchase from Equity One of another 675K shares.
- Source: Press Release
- The stock's lower by 2% premarket
Other News & PR