Jul. 7, 2014, 8:08 PM
- As expected, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo signs the medical marijuana bill that passed the State Senate 49 - 10 in June. The state is the 23rd to allow access to medical cannabis, albeit only via vaporizing, oils and edibles. No smoking allowed.
- Related tickers: (AEGY) (MDBX) (AVTC) (CNAB) (ERBB) (GDSM) (HPNN) (LATF) (MJNA) (PLPL) (VAPE) (VAPR) (VPCO)
Jun. 23, 2014, 10:53 AM
- New York State Senators vote 49-10 in favor of allowing limited access to medical marijuana. The bill would allow patients to inhale vaporized extracts of weed's active ingredients or eat them in food. Smoking marijuana would be prohibited, however. The State Assembly passed the measure 117-13 on Friday.
- The state's Health Department will have the task of setting up the program.
- (AEGY) (MDBX -2.4%) (AVTC +3.9%) (CNAB -1.2%) (ERBB +13.2%) (GDSM -16.7%) (HPNN) (LATF +2.2%) (MJNA -0.5%) (PLPL -4.1%) (VAPE +2.6%) (VAPR) (VPCO +2.9%)
Jun. 23, 2014, 8:52 AM
- American Green (ERBB) reports that it has begun shipping its ZaZZZ consumer-operated marijuana vending machines to dispensaries in Colorado. According to the company, it is the first automated consumer-operated machine on the market. The first locations to take delivery will be Herbal Elements in Eagle-Vail and Doctors Orders in Denver.
- After the machine verifies the customer's identity from an ID card scan, a purchase can be made using cash, bitcoin, credit of debit cards (once banking regulations catch up). If the ID fails to match, the machine's security system will prevent operation and the customer will be directed to speak with a dispensary staff member.
May 9, 2014, 12:09 PM
- At last night's GeekWire Awards ceremony in Seattle, Leafly won App of the Year. The mobile app, described by some as the "Yelp of cannabis" helps pot consumers stay informed about cannabis strains, products and the best places to purchase them. It also connects patients to doctors who can assist them through the medical authorization process. It contains over 100K user-generated reviews of more than 800 cannabis strains as well as thousands of dispensaries and doctor locations around the world. GeekWire praised its functionality and clean professional appearance.
- Leafly founder Cy Scott says, "Our team is truly honored to receive this award. When we released the app, our goal was to offer a simple way for medical and recreational cannabis consumers to get robust information at their fingertips. This award is a win for all who support the cannabis movement."
- (MDBX) (MJMJ) (REFG) (SKTO) (ERBB) (CBCA) (AVTC) (AEGY)
- ETFs: IYH, XLV, VHT, CURE, FXH, RXL, FHLC, PSCH, RYH, PTH, RXD
Apr. 16, 2014, 10:18 AM
- Move over Medbox (MDBX) because the ZaZZZ American Green Machine is in town in Colorado.
- Tranzbyte (ERBB) COO Stephen Shearin reports that the Doctors Orders pot dispensary in Denver will soon take delivery of the company's automated weed dispensing machine that the firm unveiled on April 12.
- No financial terms are disclosed.
ERBB vs. ETF Alternatives
American Green, Inc., is focused on leading-edge cannabis industry solutions. The name, American Green, is synonymous with the industry itself and captures the spirit of this revolutionary era. Vision, brand, team and historical opportunity define and drive American Green. American Green... More
Other News & PR