EROS's Secret: Undisclosed Related Party Links In The UAE?
Eros: Return Of The Short Seller (2015)
Alpha Exposure • 35 Comments
Alpha Exposure • 35 Comments
Thu, Aug. 25, 11:07 AM
- India-industry film firm Eros International (NYSE:EROS) has jumped 5.9% in the past few minutes on word of a key integration deal with mobile provider Reliance Jio.
- The company's over-the-top platform Eros Now will power Jio On Demand, Jio's entertainment offering.
- Jio customers get access to thousands of movies, while Eros Now gets a line into new subscribers in urban and rural areas alike.
- Eros Now has more than 44M registered users and is targeting 1M paying subscribers by the end of fiscal 2017. It costs 49 rupees (about $0.73) per month for streaming and 99 rupees (about $1.47) for a higher-end subscription with more features.
Tue, Jun. 28, 1:23 PM
- Indian film studio Eros International (NYSE:EROS) is up 3.4% now after its Q4 revenues came in well ahead of expectations.
- EBITDA fell 52% as well, to $14.4M, but beat an expected $13.3M.
- Its Eros Now service has more than 44M registered users vs. a year-ago 19M. The company says it's well on its way to hit 1M paying subscribers by the end of fiscal 2017. New two-tier premium pricing (of 49 rupees and 99 rupees per month -- about $0.75/month and $1.51/month respectively) is gaining traction.
- For fiscal 2016, the company released six high-budget pictures, 16 medium-budget, and 41 low-budget for 63 total. Eros plans to release seven high-budget films in fiscal 2017.
- Press Release
Tue, Jun. 28, 8:44 AM
Wed, Feb. 17, 12:45 PM
Wed, Feb. 17, 9:14 AM
Wed, Feb. 17, 8:34 AM
- Eros International (NYSE:EROS): FQ3 EPS of -$0.07 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.08.
- Revenue of $60.45M (-39.8% Y/Y) beats by $0.72M.
Dec. 11, 2015, 5:35 PM
Nov. 25, 2015, 5:38 PM
Nov. 19, 2015, 3:27 PM
- Indian-language film producer Eros International (NYSE:EROS) is up 22.8% as Wells Fargo reiterates its Hold rating on a stock that has been a target of short sellers, and after the company's CEO says it can withstand any storm.
- After peaking at $37.60 in August, the stock had fallen 79% amid questions about its revenues and the number of subscribers on its digital service. The company reports 30M registered users for its Eros Now service and it hopes to convert up to 10% of them into paying subscribers.
- Along with Wells Fargo reiterating a Hold, Jefferies maintained a Buy rating but dropped its price target to $21 from $40. Shares are currently trading at $10.57, implying near-100% upside in the reduced target.
- Jefferies' John Janedi says Eros had a strong Q2: "That said, with the stock down over 75% (vs S&P 500 -2.5%) since F1Q earnings, investors were entirely focused on management's response to questions regarding the company's accounting practices. These criticisms notwithstanding, we believe the market not giving EROS credit for the value of its film library and potential of Eros Now."
- Eros CEO Jyoti Deshpande pointed to backing from its biggest investors, Capital Group Companies and Temasek Holdings, as a bulwark against short sales. “We have rock solid shareholders, such as Capital and Temasek, who are standing by us like pillars and giving us good advice ... They said just put your head down and get to work.”
- Previously: Eros International EPS of $0.12 (Nov. 17 2015)
Nov. 17, 2015, 12:47 PM
Nov. 17, 2015, 9:16 AM
Nov. 17, 2015, 8:32 AM
- Eros International (NYSE:EROS): FQ2 EPS of $0.12 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.39.
- Revenue of $98.8M (+98.0% Y/Y) beats by $8.1M.
- Shares +8.8% PM.
Nov. 16, 2015, 5:43 PM
Nov. 11, 2015, 5:40 PM
Nov. 2, 2015, 12:48 PM
Nov. 2, 2015, 9:14 AM
Eros International Plc provides integrated media and entertainment services. It engages in co-produce, acquire and distribute Indian language films in multiple formats worldwide including: theatrical, television syndication and digital platforms. The company was founded by Vijay Mohandas Ahuja... More
Industry: Movie Production, Theaters
Country: United Kingdom