A Weak End To 2015 Doesn't Slow Eversource Energy's Shares Down
Tristan R. Brown
Tristan R. Brown
Fri, Jul. 15, 10:10 AM
- Wells Fargo ticks off 20 S&P 500 stocks with the most upside potential vs. consensus, and the 20 with the most downside risk vs. consensus.
- The list is compiled by comparing the midpoint of Wells Fargo Securities valuation ranges to consensus fair value estimates, volatility adjusting the percentage difference, and ranking the resulting score.
- Upside: AEE, BEN, CCL, DVA, EIX, ES, EXC, FTR, HUM, INTC, JNJ, LNT, PEG, PNW, SCG, T, WEC, WU, XEL, XOM.
- Downside: ANTM, C, CI, COF, EQT, FOXA, FSLR, GS, KIM, LH, MON, MSI, MYL, NVDA, NWSA, SLG, TIF, TSO, UA, WLTW.
Fri, May 20, 10:41 AM
- A New Hampshire Site Evaluation subcommittee decides to delay the final deadline for action on Eversource Energy's (ES -1.2%) $1.6B Northern Pass electrical transmission project to Sept. 30, 2017.
- Until as recently as this month, ES had expected to obtain final state and federal permitting by the end of the year and begin construction on the 192-mile long line in January.
- ES has said Northern Pass would provide clean, renewable energy, but the project has met stiff opposition, with critics saying it is unnecessary and would destroy views and property values.
- BMO analysts call the delay a "significant setback" for ES and estimates that completion has now slipped to 2020 at best vs. previous plans for May 2019; the firm still rates ES at Market Perform with a $60 price target.
Mon, May 9, 11:58 AM
- Six energy companies announce the official launch of Grid Assurance, an independent company providing transmission sparing solutions for critical electric transmission equipment.
- The company is founded by affiliates of American Electric Power (NYSE:AEP), Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B), Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK), Edison International (NYSE:EIX), Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES) and Great Plains Energy (NYSE:GXP) to enhance grid resiliency and give electric transmission owners faster access to long-lead time critical equipment necessary to recover from catastrophic events that could impact the U.S. electric grid.
- Michael Deggendorf, senior VP of Kansas City Power & Light, is named Grid Assurance CEO and will oversee the formation and operations of the company.
- Now read WSJ: Utilities seek to store and sell essential parts for disasters
Wed, May 4, 5:41 PM
Wed, May 4, 4:56 PM
- Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES) names Phil Lembo as its new CFO, effective immediately, following last month's promotion of Jim Judge to President and CEO from his former CFO position.
- Lembo had been the company's VP and Treasurer since 2012 upon the merger between Northeast Utilities and NSTAR.
- Now read Eversource Energy misses by $0.01, misses on revenue
Wed, May 4, 4:34 PM
Wed, May 4, 4:34 PM
Tue, May 3, 5:35 PM
- AGO, ALDW, ALIM, ALJ, ALL, ANDE, ARCW, AREX, ARRS, ATO, AUY, AWK, AWR, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, CB, CBPO, CCRN, CDI, CECO, CENT, CF, CLR, CODI, CONE, CPE, CPSI, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CTLT, CUZ, CW, CWST, CXO, CXW, DAC, DOX, DPM, DVA, ECR, EPM, EQC, EQIX, ES, ETE, ETP, EXEL, FEIC, FICO, FIT, FLT, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FRPT, FRSH, FRT, GDDY, GDOT, GHDX, GIL, GPOR, GTY, HABT, HASI, HDP, HIL, HIVE, HOS, HR, HRTG, HUBS, IAC, INFI, IO, IRG, JONE, KHC, KND, KONA, KTOS, KW, LGCY, LHCG, LNC, LNT, LPI, LPSN, LXU, MAA, MASI, MATX, MCHP, MCK, MED, MET, MHLD, MNR, MRO, MTRX, MTW, MUR, NCMI, NLY, NVAX, OHI, OME, ORA, OREX, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PDLI, PE, PEIX, PHH, PNNT, PRI, PRU, QRVO, QUIK, RICE, RIG, RLJ, RLYP, RP, RRTS, RST, RYN, SBY, SKUL, SQNM, SRC, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TASR, TCAP, TEAR, THG, TLLP, TPC, TPUB, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TSLX, TSO, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, WBMD, WFM, WFT, WGL, WMB, WMGI, WPG, WPX, WTI, WTS, WTW, XEC, XOXO, YUME, ZNGA
Fri, Apr. 8, 5:36 PM
- Some of the largest U.S. utilities are joining forces to stockpile critical pieces of electrical equipment that can be rushed to power companies if they are hit by terrorist attacks, earthquakes or other disasters that could cause extended blackouts, WSJ reports.
- American Electric Power (NYSE:AEP), Exelon (NYSE:EXC), Southern Co. (NYSE:SO), Edison International (NYSE:EIX) and Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES) are funding the creation of a new Delaware company, Grid Assurance, which plans to store circuit breakers, large transformers and other crucial parts at secure, unidentified locations, and then sell them to participating utility companies that need them during emergencies.
- The participants estimate, for example, they will need at least 100 transformers, often costing $2M-$10M each, so the venture will be expensive but far less costly than a major blackout.
- “The last thing we want is for someone to do a physical attack and wipe out our spares, too,” says Scott Moore, VP of transmission engineering at AEP.
- Now read At the dividend dance, it's time to change partners - buy old biotech, sell utilities
Wed, Apr. 6, 6:28 PM
- Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES) says President and CEO Tom May will retire effective May 4, to be replaced in both positions by current CFO Jim Judge.
- May will become non-executive chairman after the May 4 shareholders meeting; Judge will join the board and is expected to be elected chairman in 2017.
- May spent 40 years with the company, including 22 years as CEO of Boston Edison, NSTAR, Northeast Utilities and Eversource Energy.
- Judge became executive VP and CFO in 2012 upon the merger between Northeast Utilities and NSTAR after serving as CFO for NSTAR and Boston Edison since 1995.
Thu, Feb. 4, 4:29 PM
- Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES): Q4 EPS of $0.60 misses by $0.03.
- Revenue of $1.7B (-9.6% Y/Y) misses by $40M.
Wed, Feb. 3, 5:35 PM
- ACET, ACXM, AHL, AIV, ASYS, ATHN, ATR, BMI, CATM, CTRL, DATA, DCT, DECK, DV, ECHO, ECOM, EGAN, EGOV, ELY, ES, ESL, ESS, FLDM, FLT, G, GNW, HBI, HIG, IPHI, KRG, LGF, LNKD, MOBL, MTD, NEWR, NFG, NSR, NTGR, OMCL, OUTR, PCTY, PDM, PKI, POST, PPS, PXLW, QRVO, RDEN, RNG, SKYW, SRCL, SWIR, SXT, THG, TTMI, UBNT, UEPS, WAIR, YRCW
Nov. 2, 2015, 4:29 PM
- Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES): Q3 EPS of $0.75 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $1.93B (+2.1% Y/Y) misses by $100M.
Nov. 1, 2015, 5:35 PM
- ADUS, AEIS, AHL, AIG, ALDW, ALJ, ALL, AMC, AMCC, ANH, ARE, AVD, CAR, CBT, CDE, CGNX, CHGG, CUTR, CYH, DNB, DWRE, ELNK, ENH, ENS, ES, FN, GGP, GPRE, ININ, INN, KONA, LMNX, MCEP, MDAS, MDU, MIC, NLS, NPTN, NSTG, OHI, OLN, ONDK, OTTR, PLOW, PPS, PQ, PXD, QLYS, RAIL, RNG, RSPP, RTEC, RYN, SANM, SGY, SNHY, SSNC, SSW, TDOC, THC, TNET, TXRH, UIL, UNXL, VGR, VIAV, VNO, WSTC
Jul. 30, 2015, 4:32 PM
- Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES): Q2 EPS of $0.66 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $1.82B (+8.3% Y/Y) beats by $70M.
Jul. 29, 2015, 5:35 PM
- AIV, AMCC, AMGN, ATEN, AUY, AVD, AXTI, BAS, BCOR, BCOV, BRCM, BVN, CALD, CATM, CLW, CMLS, COHR, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CRAY, CTRL, CXP, DCT, DECK, DGI, DLR, DTLK, EA, EEP, EGO, EIX, ELLI, ES, ESS, EVHC, EXPE, FE, FEIC, FEYE, FLR, FLS, FR, FRGI, GB, GMED, HBI, HK, HME, HTCH, IM, IMMR, INT, ISBC, KAMN, KLAC, LEG, LNKD, LRE, LSCC, MOH, MTD, MTSN, MWA, MXWL, NGVC, NR, NSR, OLN, OMCL, OUTR, PCCC, PDFS, PKI, PODD, PTCT, PXLW, QLGC, QTM, RGC, RMD, RNG, ROVI, SAM, SB, SGEN, SKYW, SPF, SPN, SYA, SYNA, SZYM, TCO, TEP, TMST, TNAV, TNDM, TPX, TSYS, TXTR, UHS, VCRA, VVUS, WAGE, WBMD, WU, WWWW, YRCW, ZLTQ
Eversource Energy is a public utility holding company which engages primarily in the energy delivery business through its wholly-owned utility subsidiaries. It operates through three segments: Electric Distribution, Electric Transmission and Natural Gas Distribution. The Electric Distribution... More
Industry: Diversified Utilities
Country: United States
Other News & PR