Wed, Jun. 11, 6:18 PM
- During a CNBC Fast Money appearance, Arena (ARNA) CEO Jack Lief was tight-lipped about rumors Belviq partner Eisai (ESALY) is interested in acquiring his company.
- Investors trying to read between the lines see reasons to be hopeful.
- Lief also mentioned Belviq prescriptions are seeing week/week growth.
Wed, Mar. 5, 8:46 AM
- Biogen Idec (BIIB) has purchased the rights to two experimental treatments for Alzheimer's disease from Japan's Eisai.
- Biogen will pay Eisai an unspecified amount upfront and milestones. If the drugs, called E2609 and BAN2401, are commercialized, the companies will share the profits.
- Eisai (ESALF) will lead the development of the therapies and pursue regulatory authorization, although both companies will co-promote the drugs in the U.S., Europe and other markets.
- "Eisai's candidates have demonstrated compelling early data and complement our Alzheimer's disease research while extending our pipeline in this critical area," says Biogen CEO George Scangos.
Mon, Feb. 3, 7:44 AM
Nov. 1, 2013, 8:03 AM
Aug. 1, 2013, 8:41 AM
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA) and Belviq partner Eisai (ESALY.PK) report quarterly results, giving investors a look at Belviq sales figures.
- Belviq sales come in at $4.13M. ARNA recognizes $1.3M of the net product sales. Scripts filled between June 11 and July 19: 12,500.
- ARNA on the call: "Too early to provide sales guidance." (webcast)
- ARNA received $65M in milestone payments for the quarter. (PR)
- ARNA +2.5% premarket. Eisai PR.
Jun. 13, 2013, 11:20 AMEpizyme (EPZM -3.6%) announces that its first patient has been enrolled in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial of EPZ-6438, an orally administered, small molecule inhibitor for non-Hodgkin lymphoma. The drug is being developed in partnership with Eisai (ESALY.PK), and as a result of EPZM's first patient enrollment, it's earned a $6M milestone payment from Eisai. | Comment!
Jun. 7, 2013, 8:47 AM
Apr. 24, 2013, 1:38 PMGE (GE +1.7%) says its healthcare unit GE Healthcare announces a research collaboration agreement with Eisai (ESALY.PK, in which the Japanese pharmacuetical developer will use GEs investigational PET amyloid imaging agent to help select patients for a Phase I clinical Alzhiemers trial. The trial evaluates Eisai's investigational compound E2609, a BACE inhibitor designed to prevent the accumulation of beta amyloid in the brain, which is believed to play a role in the in the development of the disease. | 1 Comment
Apr. 3, 2013, 11:51 AMAstex Pharmaceuticals (ASTX +12.5%) gets a pop from RBC today, who initiated coverage with an Outperform and a $9 price target, calling it an "undiscovered gem." The firm says the ASTX could have a blockbuster in its pipeline with its experimental blood cancer drug, SGI-110, which is thought to be a safer and more effective version of an already approved therapy it licenses to Eisai (ESALY.PK) and JNJ. ASTX owns all the rights to SGI-110, giving it big upside potential if it gets approved. Additionally, the company reported earlier that it plans to present "significant data" at the AACR annual meeting on Saturday. | Comment!
Mar. 4, 2013, 8:15 AMMore on Arena Pharmaceutical (ARNA -1.7%) Q4: In addition to revenues from Belviq sales, Arena expects $66.5M in milestone payments from marketing and distribution partner Eisai in 2013, $6M from amortization of upfront payments, and $3M from manufacturing services from Siegfried. Arena also expects R&D costs of $70-78M and G&A expenses of $28-34M. (PR) | Comment!
Dec. 24, 2012, 7:27 AMThe marketing partner (Eisai ESALY.PK) for Arena's (ARNA) obesity-fighting Belviq has petitioned the DEA to expedite its approval process. If granted (this sort of request is rarely denied), this could have the drug in pharmacies on February 7, writes Joe Dedvukaj. Combined with what looks to be imminent EU approval, Street analysts will find themselves needing to catch up to lofty sales figures. | 3 Comments
Oct. 22, 2012, 7:53 PM
Jul. 30, 2012, 11:43 AMArena (ARNA) transfers the marketing rights for its Belviq diet drug to partner Eisai (ESALY.PK), which will market the pill in the U.S. and apply for authorization in other countries in the Americas. SA author Red Acre Investments notes that what is not explicitly stated is that Eisai, not Arena, will run all of the pediatric and cardiovascular outcome trials that are required under Belviq's FDA approval letter (.pdf). (PR) | 1 Comment
Feb. 9, 2012, 1:54 PMA FDA panel rejects Eisai's (ESALY.PK) blood drug Dacogen for use as a treatment for leukemia after finding that a study "failed to demonstrate benefit on statistical interpretation." Shares of Dacogen-seller Astex Pharmaceuticals (ASTX) - currently halted - could feel a jolt off the news when trading resumes. | Comment!
Feb. 8, 2012, 1:10 PMThe FDA issues a warning on stomach-acid medications that can increase the risk of a dangerous bacterial infection. Numerours drugs include the at-risk PPI medication with Protonix, AcipHex, and Nexium being some of the larger names. Big pharma players that produce PPIs include JNJ, MRK, PFE, AZN, and ESALY.PK. | Comment!
Jan. 3, 2012, 4:13 PM
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
ESALY vs. ETF Alternatives
Eisai Co. and its subsidiaries are engaged in the manufacture and sale of pharmaceuticals, consumer health care products, diagnostic products, chemicals and food additives, and animal health products. Co.'s products include antiallergy agent, osteoporosis treatment, gastritis/gastric ulcer... More
Other News & PR