Jul. 10, 2014, 12:48 PM
May 8, 2014, 4:52 PM
- Emeritus (ESC): Q1 EPS of -$0.99 misses by $0.35.
- Revenue of $521.8M (+10.5% Y/Y) beats by $1.2M.
Feb. 21, 2014, 12:45 PM
Feb. 21, 2014, 10:05 AM
- "The combination will put Brookdale's (BKD +4.3%) market share in the private pay residential/senior housing market at ~10% and will offer numerous strategic and financial benefits," says analyst Darren Lehrich, maintaining his Buy rating on BKD and boosting the price target $3 to $38. "We conclude that the deal puts an exclamation point on the value of BKD's infrastructure and leadership position in the senior living space, and it should accelerate the value of ESC's portfolio over the mid/long-term ... Synergies should have upside risks."
- ESC +35%
- Earlier coverage of the deal
Feb. 21, 2014, 9:14 AM
Feb. 20, 2014, 6:11 PM
- Emeritus Corporation (ESC): Q4 EPS of -$0.91.
- Revenue of $520.59M beats by $2.24M.
Feb. 20, 2014, 5:37 PM
Feb. 20, 2014, 5:09 PM
- Brookdale Senior Living (BKD) is merging with fellow retirement home owner Emeritus (ESC) in a deal the companies state will create "the only nationwide network of senior living communities with fully integrated ancillary services across the continuum of care."
- Emeritus shareholders will receive 0.95 shares of Brookdale common stock for each Emeritus share they own. Based on today's close, the deal values Emeritus at $28.59/share, a 33% premium.
- Brookdale CEO Andy Smith will be CEO of the combined companies. Assuming regulators approve, the deal is expected to close in Q3.
- BKD -1.2% AH. Emeritus is currently trading at $27.
Nov. 5, 2013, 5:29 PM
- Emeritus Corp (ESC): Q3 EPS of -$0.59 misses by $0.08.
- Revenue of $491.73M beats by $6.4M. (PR)
Sep. 3, 2013, 8:28 AM
- Health Care REIT (HCN) completes a triple net lease transaction with Emeritus Senior Living (ESC) that had been announced on June 27. The deal involves 38 senior housing communities previously part of an 80/20 joint venture between HCN and Merrill Gardens. As part of the deal, HCN has acquired Merrill's 20% interest for $173M and the assumption of all of the mortgage debt.
- HCN +0.6% premarket.
Aug. 2, 2013, 4:05 PM
- Emeritus (ESC) finishes solidly higher today after beating on its top line Q2 number late yesterday.
- Net earnings rose 12% Y/Y.
- For fiscal 2013, the company expects adjusted CFFO in the range of $2.10 to $2.20 per share.
Aug. 1, 2013, 5:39 PM
- Emeritus Corp (ESC): Q2 CFFO of $0.54.
- Revenue of $475.9M misses by $1.48M. (PR)
Jun. 6, 2013, 2:17 PM
Emeritus (ESC -3.2%) slips today after Goldman Sachs initiated the shares with a less than sellar Neutral rating and a $29 price target. Goldman says that, despite being a solid operator in a challenging environment over the past couple of years, the company's high leverage could prove to be a hindrance. In addition, favorable trends such as demographics, limited new supply, pricing discipline, and high private payer mix may be slower to materialize.| Jun. 6, 2013, 2:17 PM
May 2, 2013, 7:10 PMEmeritus (ESC): Q1 EPS of -$0.88 misses by $0.32. Revenue of $472.4M misses by $2.34M. (PR) | May 2, 2013, 7:10 PM
Feb. 28, 2013, 4:59 PMEmeritus (ESC): Q4 EPS of -$0.61. Revenue of $437.5M beats by $34.05M. Shares -0.3% AH. (PR) | Feb. 28, 2013, 4:59 PM
Nov. 5, 2012, 5:53 PMEmeritus (ESC): Q3 EPS of -$0.36 misses by $0.10. Revenue of $381.1M (+1.8% Y/Y) beats by $53M. (PR) | Nov. 5, 2012, 5:53 PM