As EnSync's Transformation Unfolds, Stock Still A Great Value
The Small-Cap Authority
The Small-Cap Authority
Thu, Nov. 10, 4:09 PM
Thu, Oct. 13, 12:47 PM
Thu, Sep. 8, 4:10 PM
Wed, May 11, 4:06 PM
- EnSync (NYSEMKT:ESNC): FQ3 EPS of -$0.08 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $0.1M (-82.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.6M.
Tue, Feb. 16, 4:18 PM
- EnSync (NYSEMKT:ESNC): FQ2 EPS of -$0.10 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $0.38M (+26.7% Y/Y) misses by $0.02M.
Nov. 16, 2015, 4:10 PM
- EnSync (NYSEMKT:ESNC): FQ1 EPS of -$0.08 in-line.
- Revenue of $0.27M (-52.6% Y/Y) misses by $0.03M.
Oct. 19, 2015, 11:47 AM
- EnSync (NYSEMKT:ESNC), until recently known as ZBB Energy, has named former Integrys Energy Group CFO Jim Schott its new CFO. Rick Whisman, formerly a SunPower exec and after that the founder of a California solar project developer, has been named VP of sales.
- Shares have fallen below $0.50 EnSync's market cap stands at $23M.
Sep. 28, 2015, 6:11 PM
- EnSync (NYSEMKT:ESNC) has rebounded after hours, +3.4%, following fiscal Q4 results where earnings met expectations. Shares had fallen 3.3% today on light volume.
- Revenues tumbled 75%, though, and at $0.31M were less than half of an expected $0.7M.
- The company's loss from operations widened to $3.53M, while net loss per share narrowed to -$0.09.
- The company -- which changed its name from ZBB Energy, to reflect a shift from pure play battery company to distributed energy generation systems/services -- pointed to product development as the quarter's key, following a strategic partnership with Solar Power Inc. that has an initial supply agreement of $80M-$120M.
- The partnership brings capital and new revenues and revenue streams, says CEO Brad Hansen. "The new revenues will come from the execution of the 40 MW supply agreement with SPI. The new revenue streams will materialize through the sale of comprehensive energy systems that include the new EnSync products ... in combination with various sources of distributed generation."
Sep. 28, 2015, 4:03 PM
- EnSync (NYSEMKT:ESNC): FQ4 EPS of -$0.09
- Revenue of $0.31M (-75.2% Y/Y)
Aug. 17, 2015, 9:29 AM
- ZBB/EnSync (NYSEMKT:ZBB) says the name change reflects its evolution "from a battery company to an application solutions company," and its focus on providing solutions that leverage a mixture of conventional energy sources, alternative energy, and energy storage.
- CEO Brad Hansen: "Over the last year we have introduced innovative and differentiated technologies and business models, such as our advanced Matrix Energy Management" system, a system that can manage a highly complex environment of AC and DC inputs and outputs in an exceptionally simple manner due to our 'Auto-Sync' DC-bus intellectual property ... EnSync will not just be a beneficiary of these, but indeed will create and drive them."
- The name change comes with ZBB/EnSync sporting a $29M market cap, as shares continue trading below $1.
May 14, 2015, 4:04 PM
- ZBB Energy (NYSEMKT:ZBB): FQ3 EPS of -$0.09 misses by $0.01.
- Revenue of $0.6M (-87.0% Y/Y) misses by $0.5M.
May 1, 2015, 4:15 PM
- After opening slightly higher, distributed energy storage system maker ZBB Energy (NYSEMKT:ZBB) sold off today following Tesla's launch of a battery/energy storage line covering homes, businesses, and utilities.
- Tesla's pricing for its residential batteries - a 7kWH version goes for $3,000, and a 10kWH version goes for $3,500 - has drawn attention. Amazon and Target are testing Tesla's business-focused systems.
- ZBB jumped two weeks ago after announcing a partnership with solar project developer Solar Power, Inc., but has since more than given back its gains.
Apr. 17, 2015, 10:32 AM
- Distributed energy storage system provider ZBB Energy (NYSEMKT:ZBB) has struck a deal to supply 40MW of systems to solar project developer Solar Power, Inc. (OTCQB:SOPW) over 4 years. The deal is estimated to be worth $80M-$120M.
- As part of the agreement, SPI is buying 8M ZBB common shares at $0.6678 apiece (40% below current levels, good for proceeds of $5.3M), and $28M worth of convertible preferred shares. The preferred shares are "only convertible upon the completion of specific procurement milestones."
- Following the investment, ZBB, whose systems combine batteries with power management hardware, will have over $45M in cash. The deal also "contemplates" granting SPI a warrant to buy 50M ZBB common shares at $0.7346 apiece (proceeds of $36.7M).
- ZBB chairman Paul Koeppe, whose company sports a $43M market cap: "This agreement gives us immediate access to regions and countries where we lack a presence today ... In addition, we expect this partnership to completely change the paradigm at ZBB from development stage to a high growth manufacturing company."
- SPI chairment Xiaofeng Peng: "This partnership ... is all about accelerating global solar penetration through the marriage of solar plus storage. Energy storage systems are becoming vital to PV system expansion worldwide due to a number of factors..." SolarCity, SunEdison, and others have also shown an interest in pairing solar systems with battery-based storage.
Feb. 17, 2015, 4:03 PM
- ZBB Energy (NYSEMKT:ZBB): FQ2 EPS of -$0.09 in-line.
- Revenue of $0.3M (-68.8% Y/Y) misses by $1M.
Nov. 13, 2014, 4:45 PM
- ZBB Energy (NYSEMKT:ZBB): FQ1 EPS of -$0.09 beats by $0.02.
- Revenue of $0.6M (-45.5% Y/Y)
Nov. 12, 2014, 3:59 PM
- Plug Power (PLUG -16.6%) bumps along near its lows of the day following its Q3 earnings miss and downside revenue guidance.
- In its earnings conference call, PLUG lowered its FY 2014 revenue guidance to $70M-$75M vs. prior guidance of $75M, and expects to ship 900-1000 Gendrive units in Q4; reaffirms its 2014 bookings guidance of $150M.
- PLUG sees product gross margins expanding to 25% gross margins by year-end 2015; sees service gross margins ~10% region during the period.
- Says it is attempting to build a new large scale hydrogen plant, and may seek partners or acquisitions.
- Also: FCEL -6.6%, BLDP -8.6%, ZBB -3%.