Ethan Allen Interiors Inc.NYSE
Taking Profits In Ethan Allen Interiors
Wed, Oct. 26, 8:15 AM
- Ethan Allen (NYSE:ETH) is on watch after missing estimates with its Q3 report.
- By many measures, results were improved during the quarter. Comparable written orders were up 8% and comparable store sales improved 6%.
- Total retail segment sales were 4.3% higher to $152.3M, while wholesale segment sales fell back 4.9% to $114.6M.
- The retailer ended the quarter with a gross margin rate of 56.1%, up 110 bps from a year ago.
- Previously: Ethan Allen Interiors misses by $0.04, misses on revenue (Oct. 25)
- ETH -0.16% premarket to $30.30.
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:01 PM
Mon, Oct. 24, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, ABAX, AIZ, AKAM, AKR, AMP, BCR, BLDP, BXMT, BXP, CB, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CLI, CMG, CNI, COF, CSL, CSV, CVA, DFS, DGI, EQR, ESRX, ETH, EW, FSP, FUEL, HIW, HT, HTA, IRBT, JNPR, LOGI, MDR, MRCY, NBR, NCR, NUVA, OI, P, PNRA, PSB, QTS, RMD, RNG, ROIC, RRC, RSYS, SKT, TMK, TRMK, TSS, UDR, UIS, UMBF, USNA, VRTX, WFT, WRB, WSBC, ZIXI
Tue, Oct. 18, 12:01 PM
Wed, Oct. 5, 8:12 AM
Wed, Sep. 28, 2:16 PM
- A sales and profit warning from Tempur Sealy International (TPX -24.5%) isn't going unnoticed in the home furnishings and furniture sectors.
- There are concerns that the weakness at Tempur isn't isolated amid uneven consumer spending trends.
- Previously: Tempur Sealy plunges on profit and revenue warning (Sept. 27)
- Decliners include Select Comfort (SCSS -8.3%), La-Z-Boy (LZB -3.8%), Hooker Furniture (HOFT -3.3%), Ethan Allen (ETH -4.1%), Bassett Furniture Industries (BSET -2.1%), and Leggett & Platt (LEG -4.6%).
Tue, Jul. 26, 4:55 PM
Mon, Jul. 25, 5:35 PM
- AAPL, AIZ, AKAM, AKR, ALDR, AMP, APC, ARI, ASH, AXS, BCR, BJRI, BLDP, BVN, BWLD, BXMT, BXP, CAVM, CB, CEB, CHRW, CINF, CNO, CSV, CTXS, CUZ, CVA, DDR, DMRC, DOX, EQR, ETH, EW, FSP, FTK, GHL, GLF, GMED, HUBG, HURN, ILMN, IRBT, JBT, JNPR, KN, LLTC, LNDC, MDR, MTCH, MTSI, NANO, NCR, NUVA, OIS, PEI, PNRA, PSB, QTS, RGC, RHI, RNR, RRC, RSYS, SGEN, SKT, TGB, TRMK, TRU, TSS, TWTR, UDR, UHS, UIS, ULTI, UMBF, USNA, VR, WES, WGP, WNC, X, ZION, ZIXI
Tue, Jul. 19, 7:00 AM
- Telsey Advisory Group upgrades Ethan Allen (NYSE:ETH) to an Outperform rating after having the retailer assigned with a Market Perform rating.
- 75% of Wall Street firms with a rating on Ethan Allen are now on the bullish side.
- The investment firm increases its price target on ETH by 21% to $40.
- Shares of Ethan Allen are already up 26% YTD.
Tue, May 31, 9:11 AM
- Consumer spending on durable goods rose 2.3% in April, while spending on nondurable goods increased 1.4%. Both marks exceeded the expectations of economists. Overall consumer spending rose at the fastest rate in seven years.with a 1.0% M/M increase.
- While a higher level of spending on automobiles was anticipated, a category to keep an eye on is home furnishings and home repair with more data out suggesting that millennials are freeing up dollars for their houses.
- Related stocks: BSET, CRWS, ETH, HOFT, LZB, LCUT, NWL, SCSS, STLY, TPX, TUP, BGG, SWK, HD, LOW.
- Previously: Retailers with a fix on the modern U.S. consumer (May 28)
- Previously: Personal income rises in-line with forecast (May 31)
Tue, Apr. 26, 9:14 AM
- Ethan Allen (NYSE:ETH) is set up to trade higher after Q1 results came in ahead of expectations.
- The company reported a 19% increase in retail comparable-store sales.
- The extra sales leverage pushed Ethan Allen's operating margin rate up to 8.2% from 5.8% a year ago.
- Lower interest expenses also helped to pad the bottom line. Ethan Allen paid $580K in interest vs. $1.7M last year.
- Now read the Ethan Allen eanings call transcript
Mon, Apr. 25, 4:49 PM
- Ethan Allen Interiors (NYSE:ETH): FQ3 EPS of $0.34 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $190.6M (+10.0% Y/Y) beats by $7.56M.
- Shares +3.7%.
Sun, Apr. 24, 5:35 PM
Thu, Jan. 28, 10:55 AM
- Ethan Allen (NYSE:ETH) is up 5.5% as the volatile post-earnings trading on the stock continues.
- Yesterday, the company increased its dividend by 21% to $0.17 per share. The higher payout bumps the yield up to 2.5% for new buyers.
- Previously: Ethan Allen +7% after margins spike, Disney deal on tap (Jan. 26 2016)
Tue, Jan. 26, 5:37 PM
Tue, Jan. 26, 4:31 PM
- Ethan Allen (NYSE:ETH) smashed earnings estimates with its FQ2 report.
- Operating income as a percentage of sales rose 270 bps to 12.2% on higher margin rates in both the retail and wholesale businesses.
- Comparable written orders in the retail division rose 14.6% Y/Y.
- Looking ahead, Ethan Allen says it will market new Disney-inspired furniture aimed at younger consumers under the terms of a new agreement with Disney.
- Previously: Ethan Allen Interiors beats by $0.10, beats on revenue (Jan. 26)
- ETH +7.36% AH to $27.41.