- Six weeks ago, a pairs trading opportunity was identified for EXG and ETW in the option-income space, based on the mean-reverting nature of CEF valuations.
- During this time period, the discount for ETW had widened from -3.31% to -3.93% while the discount for EXG had narrowed from -8.45% to -5.60%.
- The trade was up more than 2.6% in 6 weeks (~23% annualized).
- ETW and EXG are global option income CEFs from Eaton Vance with 9%+ yields.
- ETW and EXG have had very similar returns over the past year, but the discount for ETW has narrowed significantly over the past three months.
- ETW's discount of -3.3% is much higher than its 52-week average of -7.7%, while EXG's discount of -8.45% is similar to its 52-week average of -8.33%.
- In view of their similar investment mandates, a recommendation is made to sell ETW and buy EXG.
There are no Transcripts on ETW.
We currently have no Breaking News on this stock.
ETW vs. ETF Alternatives
Under normal market conditions, the Fund will invest at least 80% of its total assets in a diversified portfolio of common stocks of domestic and foreign issuers. Initially, the US Segment is expected to represent approximately 50% to 60% of the value of t
Other News & PR