Evoke Pharma May Be One Of The Safest Biotech Bets Of 2014
Bio Bull • 23 Comments
Bio Bull • 23 Comments
Wed, May 11, 4:12 PM
Tue, May 10, 5:35 PM
Mon, Apr. 25, 11:30 AM
- Evoke Pharma (EVOK -0.6%) completes enrollment in its 150-subject Phase 3 clinical trial assessing lead product candidate, EVK-001 (metoclopramide nasal spray), for the treatment of symptoms of acute and recurrent diabetic gastroparesis in women. According to clinicaltrials.gov, the estimated final data collection date for the primary endpoint, the change in symptoms from baseline, is July.
- Oral and intravenous formulations of metoclopramide have been available since 1980.
- Update: In a statement, the company confirms that 205 subjects have been randomized. Top-line data should be available in early Q3. The primary endpoint is the change from baseline to week 4 in symptom score as measured by a proprietary Patient Report Outcome (PRO) instrument.
Fri, Mar. 18, 11:38 AM
- Applied Genetic Technologies (AGTC +0.8%) initiated with Buy rating with $25 (85% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- Nomura's Ed Ridley has been busy in devices. He rates the following companies a Buy: Boston Scientific (BSX +1%) PT: 22 (22% upside); Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH +0.3%) PT: 123 (18% upside); Edwards Lifesciences (EW +0.8%) PT: 101 (19% upside); St. Jude Medical (STJ +0.5%) PT: 64 (19% upside); Stryker (SYK +0.7%) PT: 115 (6% upside); Medtronic (MDT +0.8%) PT: 86 (13% upside). He rates C.R. Bard (BCR +0.7%) Neutral with a PT of $205 (5% upside).
- Tesaro (TSRO +2.6%) initiated with Buy rating and $65 (46% upside) price target by Citigroup.
- CRH Medical (CRHM +0.1%) initiated with Buy rating and $5 (48% upside) price target by Canaccord Genuity.
- Evoke Pharma (EVOK) initiated with an Outperform rating and $16 (258% upside) price target by Northland Securities.
- NanoString Technologies (NSTG -0.2%) initiated with Buy rating and $21 (31% upside) price target by Janney Capital.
- AbbVie (ABBV +0.6%) initiated with Hold rating and $63 (13% upside) price target by Deutsche Bank.
Thu, Mar. 10, 4:16 PM
Wed, Mar. 9, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 17, 12:45 PM
Nov. 12, 2015, 4:21 PM
- Evoke Pharma (NASDAQ:EVOK): Q3 EPS of -$0.42 beats by $0.12.
Oct. 7, 2015, 12:45 PM
Oct. 1, 2015, 12:40 PM
Sep. 23, 2015, 12:40 PM
Sep. 15, 2015, 9:25 AM
- Thinly traded nano cap Evoke Pharma (NASDAQ:EVOK) is up 18% premarket on light volume in response to its announcement that the design and the primary endpoint of its Phase 3 clinical trial assessing lead product candidate EVK-001 (metoclopramide nasal spray) in diabetic gastroparesis is consistent with recently-released FDA draft guidance on developing therapies for gastroparesis.
- The company believes that this reduces its regulatory risk related to the FDA's criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of and ultimately approving such therapies.
Aug. 21, 2015, 10:16 AM
- Evoke Pharma (EVOK +2.7%) initiated with Buy rating and $13 (197% upside) price target by Brean Capital.
- Biocept (BIOC +7.5%) initiated with Buy rating and $4 (86% upside) price target by H.C. Wainwright.
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO -3.8%) initiated with Outperform rating and $73 (94% upside) price target by FBR.
- Neos Therapeutics (NEOS -2.1%) initiated with Outperform rating and $35 (52% upside) price target by RBC Capital Markets.
- Trovagene (TROV +1.3%) initiated with Outperform rating and $9 (64% upside) price target by Leerink.
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG -0.4%) upgraded to Buy from Restricted with a price target of $80 (31% upside) by Jefferies.
- Spectranetics (SPNC -0.4%) upgraded to Strong Buy from Buy with a $24 (46% upside) price target by Needham.
Aug. 18, 2015, 12:45 PM
Aug. 18, 2015, 10:37 AM
- The FDA grants Evoke Pharma (EVOK +24.8%) a full waiver of the requirement to conduct pediatric studies to support its planned New Drug Application (NDA) for its lead product candidate, EVK-001. The company requested the waiver on the basis that the product's intended indication, diabetic gastroparesis, is an adult disease.
- EVK-001, currently in Phase 3 development, is a novel formulation of metoclopramide that is delivered via a nasal spray. Two Phase 3s, one in women and one in men, should be completed in November. The NDA should follow sometime in 2016.
- Diabetic gastroparesis is a disorder in which the movement of food from the stomach is slowed or stopped. The most frequent cause is damage to the vagus nerve, which controls the movement of food (motility) through the digestive tract.
Aug. 13, 2015, 4:12 PM
- Evoke Pharma (NASDAQ:EVOK): Q2 EPS of -$0.52 beats by $0.08.
Evoke Pharma, Inc. operates as a pharmaceutical company, which focuses on the development of drugs to treat gastrointestinal, or GI, disorders and diseases. It develops EVK-001, a metoclopramide nasal spray for the relief of symptoms associated with acute and recurrent diabetic gastroparesis in... More
Industry: Drug Related Products
Country: United States
Other News & PR