TAVR Is Real (And Maybe Spectacular), But Edwards Lifesciences Isn't A Bargain
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Today, 5:36 PM
Today, 4:17 PM
Tue, Apr. 26, 4:40 PM
- Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW) Q1 results ($M): Total Revenues: 697.3 (+18.1%); Transcatheter Heart Valve Therapy (THVT): 367.8 (+37.0%); Surgical Heart Valve Therapy: 195.9 (-0.5%); Critical Care: 133.6 (+7.0%).
- Net Income: 143.0 (+15.9%); EPS: 0.66 (+17.9%); Non-GAAP EPS: 0.71 (+24.6%).
- 2016 Guidance: Revenues: $2.7B - 3.0B from $2.6B - 2.85B; THVT Sales: $1.4B - 1.6B from $1.3B - 1.5B; Non-GAAP EPS: $2.67 - 2.77 from $2.57 - 2.67.
- Q2 Guidance: Revenues: $700M - 740M; Non-GAAP EPS: $0.67 - 0.73.
- Shares are up 1% after hours on increased volume.
Mon, Apr. 4, 12:50 PM
Mon, Apr. 4, 9:13 AM
Tue, Feb. 2, 5:08 PM
- Edwards Lifesciences (EW -2.5%) is up 4.7% after hours following a Q4 beat on top and bottom lines where global transcatheter heart valve therapy sales were up 25%.
- Non-GAAP EPS grew 18.9%. U.S. segment sales were $353.6M; international sales were $317.5M, with the strong dollar continuing to present a headwind.
- For 2016, the company raised guidance for global THV sales by $100M, to $1.3B-$1.5B. Adjusted EPS guidance was raised to $2.57-$2.67 for 2016.
- Conference call link (begins 5 p.m. ET)
Tue, Feb. 2, 4:18 PM
- Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW): Q4 EPS of $0.63 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $671.1M (+8.6% Y/Y) beats by $22.36M.
- Shares +2.85%.
Oct. 26, 2015, 5:37 PM
Jul. 13, 2015, 11:23 AM
- Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW) is up 3.5% on a pair of upgrades, as RBC Capital and Northland Capital Markets both upgraded shares to Outperform.
- RBC has raised its price target to $185 from $135, while Northland has set a target of $170. Shares closed yesterday at $147.16 and are trading currently at $152.36.
- RBC's Glenn Navarro pointed to strong growth opportunities tied to the company's heart valve replacements, noting that the transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) market should expand to about $5B by 2020, up from an earlier estimate of $3.5B.
- The company's acquisition of CardiAQ Valve, meanwhile, boosts prospects for transcatheter mitral valve replacement (TMVR). With the deal, Edwards gets "two shots on goal in the mitral race ... We believe the mitral opportunity for EW could be worth ~$1.5B-$2.0B by 2025, or ~$16/share."
- BTIG Research has reiterated a Neutral rating on the stock.
- Previously: Edwards Lifesciences to buy CardiAQ Valve for up to $400M (Jul. 10 2015)
Oct. 23, 2014, 4:59 PM
- Edwards Lifesciences (NYSE:EW): Q3 EPS of $0.80 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $607.4M (+22.6% Y/Y) beats by $61.08M.
- Shares +5.71% AH.
Jun. 16, 2014, 6:22 PM
- The FDA has approved Edwards' (EW) Sapien XT transcatheter aortic heart valve for "the treatment of high-risk and inoperable patients suffering from severe symptomatic aortic stenosis."
- The low-profile valve, available in Europe since 2010 and Japan since 2013, will now be available to U.S. patients "at leading cardiovascular centers across the nation." Edwards predicts it will increase the number of treatable patients.
- Previous: Sapien XT beats Medtronic device in study
Apr. 24, 2014, 5:41 PM
Apr. 14, 2014, 12:45 PM
Apr. 7, 2014, 3:27 PM
- If this is a Fed-tightening-induced selloff, it's got to be the first one in which emerging markets are rallying. The broad iShares MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (EEM +0.5%) has now caught up to the S&P 500 YTD. Leading the charge is continued huge move in Brazil, where the Bovespa is up another 2% today, helping the iShares S&P Latin America 40 ETF (ILF +2.1%) sharply higher.
- The iShares MSCI Brazil ETF (EWZ +3%) - ahead nearly 25% since the start of February - is now up 6.3% YTD. Behind the rally is the idea that the year-long string of rate hikes has maybe one more boost left in it.
- EM ETFs: EEM, VWO, DEM, EDC, DGS, EDZ, EEMV, SCHE, EEB, EDIV, IEMG, DVYE, EEV, BIK, EWX, BKF, PIE, ADRE, HILO, EUM, FNI, EET, GMM, PXH, EEMS, BBRC, EELV, DGRE, FEMS, EEME, EMDD, BICK, DBEM, EMCR, EDOG, EMBB, FEM, EWEM, EVAL, FNDE, EMLB, TLTE, EEHB, EGRW, EMDG, EMHD, EMSA, QDEM, EMFT, QEM, EMDR
- Brazil ETFs: EWZ, BRF, BRXX, EWZS, BRAQ, BRAZ, BZQ, BRZU, BRAF, UBR, BRZS, DBBR, FBZ
- LatAM ETFs: AND, ILF, LBJ, GML, LATM, EEML, FLN
Feb. 5, 2014, 11:11 AM
- EU regulators have signed off on the use Edwards Lifesciences' (EW +1.7%) Sapien XT transcatheter heart valve for mitral and aortic valve-in-valve procedures.
- Edwards states it's "the only company to receive a valve-in-valve indication for the mitral position." Sapien XT isn't available in the U.S.; trials remain ongoing.
- Shares are trading higher in the face of a market selloff. They rallied yesterday after Edwards delivered a Q4 beat and provided in-line guidance.
Feb. 3, 2014, 5:39 PM
Edwards Lifesciences Corp. is focused on technologies that treat structural heart disease and critically ill patients. It designs, develops, manufactures and markets products to treat stage cardiovascular disease. Its products and technologies are categorized into three areas: Surgical Heart... More
Industry: Medical Appliances & Equipment
Country: United States
Other News & PR