East West Bancorp, Inc.NASDAQ
Headwinds Threaten East West Bancorp's Rise
Fri, Oct. 28, 8:58 AM
Wed, Oct. 19, 5:06 PM
Tue, Oct. 18, 5:35 PM
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:04 PM
Tue, Jul. 19, 5:35 PM
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:05 PM
- East West Bancorp (NASDAQ:EWBC): Q1 EPS of $0.74 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $252.2M (+7.0% Y/Y) misses by $11.56M.
Tue, Apr. 19, 5:35 PM| Tue, Apr. 19, 5:35 PM | 16 Comments
Mon, Mar. 14, 3:19 PM
- The financial sector (NYSEARCA:XLF) has performed woefully this year, and the banks (NYSEARCA:KBE) even worse. Cornerstone Macro technician Carter Worth finds twenty names trading well beneath their (falling) 150-day moving averages.
- The group has shown signs of life lately, and Worth thinks the stocks could move back to their 150-day averages, as stocks in other market sectors have done.
- It's strictly a trade, says Worth, who continues to rate the financials as Underweight. The 20:
- Ameriprise (NYSE:AMP), BofA (NYSE:BAC), Banner (NASDAQ:BANR), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Citizens Financial (NYSE:CFG), East West Bancorp (NASDAQ:EWBC), First NBC (NASDAQ:FNBC), HFF (NYSE:HF), KeyCorp (NYSE:KEY), Legacy Texas (NASDAQ:LTXB), Lincoln National (NYSE:LNC), Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), Old National (NASDAQ:ONB), PacWest (NASDAQ:PACW), PNC Financial (NYSE:PNC), Principal Financial (NYSE:PFG), Stifel Financial (NYSE:SF), SVB Financial (NASDAQ:SIVB), TCF Financial (NYSE:TCB), Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC).
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:11 PM
- East West Bancorp (NASDAQ:EWBC) says its veteran president and chief operating officer, Julia Gouw, will retire March 31 after more than 25 years with the company.
- She'll leave that post and the board of directors for the company and East West Bank as well, in order to spent more time on philanthropic and charitable work.
- She had been asked to rejoin the company after it acquired United Commercial Bank in November 2009, in order to lead integration of the merger.
- Previously: East West Bancorp misses by $0.02, misses on net interest income (Jan. 27 2016)
Wed, Jan. 27, 5:06 PM
- East West Bancorp (NASDAQ:EWBC): Q4 EPS of $0.63 misses by $0.02.
- Net interest income of $246.94M (-4.8% Y/Y) misses by $5.09M.
Tue, Jan. 26, 5:35 PM| Tue, Jan. 26, 5:35 PM | 26 Comments
Thu, Jan. 14, 10:30 AM
Oct. 21, 2015, 5:08 PM
- East West Bancorp (NASDAQ:EWBC): Q3 EPS of $0.65 in-line.
- Revenue of $240.3M (-6.5% Y/Y) misses by $3.48M.
Oct. 20, 2015, 5:35 PM| Oct. 20, 2015, 5:35 PM | 7 Comments
Oct. 5, 2015, 9:57 AM
- Cut from Strong Buy to Outperform after nice runs this year are Preferred Bank (PFBC -0.4%) and ServisFirst Bancshares (SFBS +0.9%).
- Downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform after less-impressive moves are Bancorp South (BXS +0.8%), East West Bancorp (EWBC +1.4%), First Defiance Financial (FDEF -2.1%), and Heritage Financial (HFWA -0.6%).
Jul. 15, 2015, 5:17 PM
- East West Bancorp (NASDAQ:EWBC): Q2 EPS of $0.68 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $264.59M (-0.7% Y/Y) beats by $26.04M.