Nov. 21, 2014, 7:27 AM
- "We will do what we must to raise inflation and inflation expectations as fast as possible," Mario Draghi told a banking conference, promising faster asset purchases as needed.
- The Stoxx 50 (NYSEARCA:FEZ) is higher by 2.2%, led by a 2.4% gain in Spain (NYSEARCA:EWP) and a 2.3% advance in Italy (NYSEARCA:EWI). Germany (NYSEARCA:EWG) and France (NYSEARCA:EWQ) are up 2%, and the U.K. by 1%.
- The euro (NYSEARCA:FXE) is down 0.9% and buying $1.2432.
- ETFs: VGK, FEZ, EWP, DFE, IEV, HEDJ, EWL, EPV, EZU, EWD, NORW, EIRL, EWO, FEU, EWN, EWK, EDEN, FEP, EWGS, UPV, EURL, ENOR, ADRU, FEEU, EFNL, GERJ, DBEU, EURZ, FSZ, IEUR, FIEU, QESP, SMEZ, ESTX, HEZU, FEUZ
Jun. 5, 2014, 7:55 AM
- The Stoxx 50 (FEZ) is up 0.8% after being about flat ahead of the ECB rate decision, at which the central bank cut all three of its benchmark rates, including taking the deposit facility rate into negative territory.
- Italy (EWI) with a 1.3% gain and France (EWQ) ahead 1% lead the way.
- The euro (FXE) tumbles about 40 pips, now off 0.3% on the session and buying $1.3563.
- Europe equity ETFs: RSX, VGK, EWG, FEZ, GREK, EWP, EWI, DFE, RUSL, IEV, RSXJ, EWL, ERUS, EWU, RUSS, EPV, EZU, EWD, HEDJ, NORW, EWQ, EPOL, EIRL, PLND, EWO, RBL, GXF, EWN, FEU, EWK, FDD, EWGS, FEP, EDEN, UPV, EWUS, DBGR, PGAL, ADRU, ENOR, GERJ, DXGE, FEEU, FGM, EURL, FKU, EFNL, EUDG, DXPS, FSZ, EURZ, FIEU, RUDR, DBEU, HEWG, DBUK
- Euro ETFs: FXE, EUO, ERO, DRR, EUFX, ULE, URR
- ECB chief Mario Draghi's press conference begins at 8:30 ET.
May 3, 2012, 8:51 AM
Alongside the surging euro are European equity markets giving up much of their big early gains as the early indication from Draghi's press conference is no new candy. Stoxx 50 +0.3%, after being up about 1.5% before the talk started.| May 3, 2012, 8:51 AM
Feb. 16, 2012, 4:04 AM
Nov. 28, 2011, 10:01 AMEuropean shares leg up to new highs on the day, the broad Stoxx 50 +5%. The best performing market is France, +5.1%. The laggard is the U.K., +2.9%. The last rally of this sort was Oct. 27, before that, July 21 - both world-class selling opportunities. Will today be different? | Nov. 28, 2011, 10:01 AM
Oct. 4, 2011, 8:10 AMDexia shares continue to rally following the announcement of government support. Off as much as 38% in early trade, shares are now down just 13.5%. The news may be decent for the bank, but for France a different story - exactly where are those billions of support going to come from? CAC 40 -3.5%. | Oct. 4, 2011, 8:10 AM
Aug. 16, 2011, 1:27 PMEuropean shares are closed for the day and unable to register their displeasure at no new magic bullet being unveiled in Paris. Euro-ETFs trading in the states are moving lower. Germany EWG -3.3%, Italy EWI -3.6%, Spain EWP -2.8%, MSCI Europe VGK -2.1%, European financials EUFN -2.4%. | Aug. 16, 2011, 1:27 PM | 2 Comments
Aug. 11, 2011, 10:33 AMEuropean shares get another jolt higher as CNBC reports senior government sources saying Italy and France will impose a short-selling ban after the close of trading today. France +1.7%, more than 5% higher than its level 2 hours ago. Italy +3%. | Aug. 11, 2011, 10:33 AM | 4 Comments
Aug. 1, 2011, 10:03 AMThings are disintegrating quickly in Europe, the Stoxx 50 -2.1% after being up 1.5% earlier. It's another day at the office for Italy, now -4.0%, after being up 1.5% this morning. Intraday swings of at least 2-3% have become the norm since the nation became the latest focus of EU debt issues. | Aug. 1, 2011, 10:03 AM | 1 Comment
Jul. 21, 2011, 10:40 AM
Jun. 24, 2011, 10:23 AMEuropean shares are in rapid retreat as the week winds down. Sharply higher earlier today, the Stoxx 50 has given up more than 2%, now -0.4%. Italian shares are leading the decline, -1.5%, on the Moody's bank warning and rumors of S&P piling on. The euro gives up its gains as well. EWI -3.1%, EWP -3.3%, FXE -0.7%. | Jun. 24, 2011, 10:23 AM | 1 Comment
The iShares MSCI Belgium Investable Market Index Fund seeks to provide investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of publicly traded securities in the Belgian market, as measured by the MSCI Belgium Investable Market Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website