iShares Global Industrials ETFNYSEARCA
Sep. 30, 2014, 1:35 PM
- The ARK Industrial Innovation ETF (NYSEARCA:ARKQ) and the ARK Web x.0 ETF (NYSEARCA:ARKW) are the first launches in line of actively managed thematic ETFs filed with the SEC by ARK.
- ARKQ seeks to invest in companies that are revolutionizing the industrial world and how people travel, while ARKW seeks to invest in companies that are transforming every sector of the economy thanks to Internet-enabled innovation.
- Other Internet ETFs: FDN, PNQI
- Other broad industrial ETFs: XLI, VIS, IYJ, FIDU, FXR, UXI, SIJ, RGI, AIRR, IPN, EXI
Apr. 7, 2014, 9:10 AM
- Twitter's down 32% this year, Facebook's off 20% in a month, and biotech nearly that much, but money is returning to the industrial sector. While the Nasdaq 100 posted its worst one-day drop since 2011 on Friday and last week fell for the 3rd week in 4, the Industrial Select SPDR (XLI) gained 1.6%.
- In the year's first quarter, the XLI had lost 1.4%, putting it in 9th place among 10 S&P 500 groups.
- "You’re seeing the beginning of investors shifting money ahead of a wave of spending,” says Drew Nordlicht of HighTower Advisors. “The expectation is, as the economy begins to kick into a higher gear, corporate America will utilize the amount of cash to spend on capital expenditures."
- GE comprises more than 10% of the XLI, and UTX, Union Pacific, Boeing, and 3M round out the top 5, each with holdings in the 5% range.
- Related ETFs: XLI, PHO, CGW, PIO, VIS, ITA, FIW, PPA, IGF, CARZ, IYJ, XAR, IPN, EMIF, FIDU, PRN, UXI, FXR, PXR, EXI, GII, EVX, FLM, RGI, SIJ, PSCI, NFRA, TOLZ, AXID