Itinerant • 29 Comments
Itinerant • 49 Comments
Jul. 9, 2014, 9:05 AM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK) reports Q2 silver production rose 9% Y/Y to 1.67M oz., trending ahead of YTD guidance. while gold production fell 24% to 15,136 oz.; silver equiv. production slipped 6% to 2.6M oz.
- EXK says it now has 12 total drill rigs working at the three silver-gold mines it owns and operates in Mexico, plus the emerging new silver-gold discovery at the San Sebastian property.
- EXK +1.4% premarket.
Jun. 24, 2014, 8:52 AM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK) says exploration drilling at its Bolanitos mine in Mexico continues to intersect high grade, silver-gold mineralization in the Asuncion area of the La Luz-Asuncion vein system, forming three discrete zones over an 800-meter length.
- Drilling highlights from the area in 2014 include 329 grams/metric ton of silver and 4.75 grams/metric ton of gold, or 17.9 oz./ton silver equivalent.
- EXK +1.4% premarket.
May 12, 2014, 6:25 PM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK): Q1 EPS of $0.05 beats by $0.03.
- Revenue of $53M (-24.2% Y/Y).
Apr. 9, 2014, 3:59 PM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK +3.1%) says it posted strong Q1 production results from its three operating silver mines in Mexico.
- Total silver production rose 27% Y/Y to nearly 1.9M oz., and gold production increased 23% to 18.5K oz.; silver equiv. output gained 26% to 3M oz. using a 60:1 silver gold ratio.
- EXK is already ahead of its production plan for the year even though it did not forecast any production growth in 2014, according to EXK CEO Bradford Cooke.
Apr. 7, 2014, 2:55 PM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK -1.2%) says an employee died Saturday due to a rock fall underground at the V-Asuncion mine, part of the El Cubo mine operations in Mexico; the mine is closed and EXK is working with Mexican authorities to investigate.
- A week earlier, an employee died from a rock fall underground at its Porvenir Cuatro mine, part of the Guanacevi mine operations in Mexico.
- EXK says it is closing each of its mines for two days to implement a full safety retraining program in response to the fatalities.
- EXK says it is ahead of its production plan for the year, so it does not expect the mine closures to impact production guidance.
Mar. 25, 2014, 11:39 AM
- Silver prices below $20/oz. should worry some investors, as several miners may need to adjust their plans if spot prices weaken further, Dundee's Chris Lichtenheldt says as he breaks down how specific companies will be impacted.
- The analyst says Coeur Mining (CDE) is an ideal sell or short candidate, Endeavour Silver (EXK) is essentially breakeven at $19 silver, and Silver Standard (SSRI) has been a top performer YTD but is a high-cost operator.
- As for Dundee's potential winners: Tahoe Resources (TAHO) is a low-cost operator with a best-in-class asset, Silver Wheaton's (SLW) balance sheet is solid above $15 silver, and Pan American Silver's (PAAS) strong balance sheet should provide a cushion as higher-cost operations have improved.
- ETFs: SIL, SLVP, SILJ
Mar. 3, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Gold futures are surging in the wake of the crisis in Ukraine, and that's giving precious metals miners a big boost in early trading.
- AU +5.2%, GOLD +5%, GFI +4.6%, MUX +4.1%, BVN +3.9%, MVG +3.6%, SSRI +3.3%, IAG +3.2%, BTG +3.1%, HMY +3.1%, EXK +3.1%, ABX +2.8%, AUY +2.8%, SA +2.8%, SLW +2.7%, GG +2.7%, NEM +2.6%, HL +2.6%, KGC +2.3%, AGI +2.2%, AG +1.9%, NG +1.9%, PPP +1.8%, AUQ +1.6%, PAAS +1.2%, NGD +1%.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, JNUG, SLVP, RING, SILJ, GGGG, JDST, PSAU
Jan. 29, 2014, 9:49 AM
- As equities open in a broad-based decline, precious metals miners show early strength: ABX +4.1%, NG +4.1%, EXK +3.7%, GG +3.7%, IAG +3.3%, SA +2.9%, AG +2.8%, SSRI +3.1%, AUY +2.7%, GOLD +2.5%, NEM +2.3%, MVG +2.3%, SLW +2.2%, PAAS +2.2%, AU +2.1%, KGC +2.2% (Briefing.com).
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, IAU, AGQ, PHYS, DUST, SIL, SIVR, USLV, ZSL, SGOL, UGL, DGP, GLL, GLDX, DZZ, UGLD, DGL, DSLV, DBS, SLVP, GLTR, DGZ, AGOL, DBP, JNUG, DGLD, GLDI, RING, GGGG, SLVO, WITE, SILJ, PSAU, TBAR, JDST, USV, UBG, JJP, RGRP, BLNG.
Jan. 9, 2014, 8:52 AM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK) reports record production for Q4 and FY 2013 from its three operating mines in Mexico, as it achieves its ninth consecutive year of production growth.
- For 2013, EXK reports production of ~6.8M oz. of silver and ~75.5K oz. of gold, up 56% and 95% Y/Y respectively, with total revenue up 33% to $276.8M.
- Silver production in Q4 totaled ~1.9M oz. and gold production was ~17.6K oz., up 56% and 37% Y/Y respectively, with total revenue up 2% Y/Y to $67.9M.
Sep. 18, 2013, 5:42 PM
Aug. 6, 2013, 5:38 PM
- Endeavour Silver (EXK): Q2 EPS of $0.00 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $71.25M.
Jul. 15, 2013, 8:32 AM
Jul. 1, 2013, 3:06 PM
Coeur d'Alene (CDE -3.4%) shares have been slashed by BMO's downgrade, but the firm also cut four other miners to Underperform, including Barrick Gold (ABX -2.3%), whose deferral of the Pascua-Lama project is "a step in the right direction" toward reducing company-wide costs. Also lowered are three silver producers (I, II, III): Pan American (PAAS +2.1%), Endeavour (EXK -1.1%) and Fortuna (FSM -3%).| Jul. 1, 2013, 3:06 PM | 1 Comment
Jun. 7, 2013, 2:09 PMGold miners large (GDX -4.1%) and small (GDXJ -5.3%) alike are suffering a beat-down after jobs data from both the U.S. and Canada beat estimates; gold's gains for the week are entirely erased, and the metal "could melt even faster" if the global recovery continues. ABX -4.2%, AEM -6.7%, NEM -2.8%, GG -4.5%, AU -5.5%, EGO -5%, KGC -5.3%. SLW -2.8%, SSRI -7.3%, EXK -5.9%. GLD -2%, SLV -4.1%. | Jun. 7, 2013, 2:09 PM | 39 Comments
May 7, 2013, 9:47 AM
Endeavour Silver (EXK -2.9%) opens sharply lower after reporting Q1 earnings fell 27% and adjusted earnings tumbled 34%, hurt by lower realized gold and silver prices. Revenue actually rose 43% to $69.9M on 1.515M silver oz. and 15,724 gold oz. sold. Cash flow from operations slipped 8%. EXK also says it expects Q2 production to dip “slightly” before recovering in Q3 and growing in Q4.| May 7, 2013, 9:47 AM | 1 Comment
May 6, 2013, 5:29 PMEndeavour Silver (EXK): Q1 EPS of $0.13 in-line. Revenue of $69.9M. (PR) | May 6, 2013, 5:29 PM | 1 Comment