Extra Space Storage, Inc.NYSE
Mon, Nov. 21, 12:26 PM
- 52-week highs on 3x or more normal volume:
- Banco Santander Brasil (BSBR +5.8%) - now up 120% YTD
- Energy Transfer Equity (ETE +3.4%) - Energy Transfer Partners being acquired
- Arista Networks (ANET +6.1%)
- Hillenbrand (HI +1.3%)
- International Game Technology (IGT -4.3%) - strong results, but now reversing
- Lexmark International (LXK +0.5%)
- 52-week lows on just modestly higher than normal volume:
- CubeSmart (CUBE -0.9%)
- Extra Space Storage (EXR -0.9%)
- PLDT (PHI -1.9%)
- 58.com (WUBA -1%)
- Infosys (INFY)
- Novo Nordisk (NVO -0.5%)
- Grupo Televisa (TV -0.4%)
Fri, Nov. 18, 12:34 PM
- In no surprise given the market's one-way street upwards for some time, the list of 52-week highs in large- and mid-cap stocks is too long to list. Suffice it to say, if you own a financial name and it's not at a 52-week high, call management.
- Of far more interest given the major bull run, which names are making 52-week lows?
- Anheuser-Busch (BUD -1.6%)
- Fomento Economico Mexicano (FMX -2.8%)
- National Grid (NGG -0.8%)
- Novo Nordisk (NVO -1%)
- Grupo Televisa (TV -3.3%)
- Unilever (UL -1%)
- CubeSmart (CUBE -1.4%)
- Extra Space Storage (EXR -0.4%)
Wed, Oct. 26, 4:40 PM
- Q3 adjusted FFO of $137.5M or $1.02 per share vs. $106.8M and $0.81 one year ago. Dividend is $0.78,
- Same-store (564 stores) revenue up 6.1% Y/Y; expenses up 1.4%; NOI up 7.8%.
- Same-store occupancy of 93% down 40 bps from a year ago.
- Acquired three stores at completion of construction by JV partners for $37.1M.
- Full-year adjusted FFO per share guidance of $3.78-$3.80, with same-store NOI growth of 8.25-9%.
- Conference call tomorrow at 1 ET.
- EXR flat after hours
- Previously: Extra Space Storage beats by $0.01, beats on rental revenue (Oct. 26)
Wed, Oct. 26, 4:37 PM
Tue, Oct. 25, 5:35 PM
- ABX, ACGL, AEM, AHL, ALDW, ALGT, AMSF, ANIK, AR, ARI, ARRS, AXS, AXTI, BGG, BWLD, CAA, CACI, CAKE, CDE, CHE, CMO, CMPR, CRY, CSGP, CSII, CW, DDR, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, EGHT, EPE, EQY, ESND, ESV, EXR, FBHS, FFIV, FISV, FORR, GG, GRPN, GTY, HUBG, IBKC, INFN, JBT, KEX, KMT, KNX, KRA, KRC, KWR, LLNW, LMAT, MB, MC, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MUR, NEM, NEU, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NXPI, O, OCN, ORLY, PLNT, PLXS, PPC, PRXL, PSA, PTC, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, RGA, RHI, RJF, SCI, SFLY, SGMO, SHLM, SIGI, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TRN, TSLA, TTMI, TXN, TYL, UCTT, UHS, UNM, VAR, VMW, WCN, WDC, WIRE, WLL, XL
Mon, Oct. 17, 4:09 PM
- The completion of the facility is a significant step in laddering the company's maturities and cutting the cost of debt. says EXR CFO Scott Stubbs.
- It consists of a $500M senior unsecured revolver, a $430M senior unsecured five-year term loan, and a $220M senior unsecured seven-year term loan.
- Pricing at closing is Libor +1.40% for the revolver, Libor +1.35% for the five-year loan, and Libor +1.70% for the seven-year loan.
Mon, Sep. 12, 6:52 AM| Mon, Sep. 12, 6:52 AM
Mon, Aug. 29, 4:09 PM
Wed, Aug. 10, 11:36 AM
- The previously outperforming REIT sector has been under pressure since April, with all four major names now in the red for the year.
- Performing worst is Sovran Self Storage (NYSE:SSS) - down 13.9% YTD - particularly after it cut guidance earlier this month as it absorbs the LifeStorage acquisition. Jefferies today downgrades to Hold From Buy, with price target cut to $100 from $135 (current is $92.39).
- Jefferies keeps Extra Space Storage (NYSE:EXR) and CubeSmart (NYSE:CUBE) each at Buy, but lower the PT on EXR to $105 from $115, and on CUBE to $37 from $39. There's no action on Public Storage (NYSE:PSA).
- A much smaller industry player is National Storage (NYSE:NSA), and it's higher by 60% since its May 2015 IPO, including a 22% YTD gain. Jefferies rates this high-flyer a Hold, and today lowers the PT to $22 from $24 (current is $20.79).
Thu, Jul. 28, 12:22 PM
- Results from Extra Space Storage (EXR -4.7%) and Public Storage (PSA -3.6%) didn't leave a whole lot to be desired, but investors are using the news to further lighten up on what had been among the strongest REIT sectors.
- Public Storage is still higher by 17.75% Y/Y, and Extra Space by 20.6%.
- Others today: Sovran Self Storage (SSS -2%), CubeSmart (CUBE -1.9%), National Storage (NSA -1.7%)
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:20 PM
- Q2 adjusted FFO of $124.9M or $0.94 per share vs. $94.4M and $0.75 one year ago.
- Same-store revenue up 7.6% Y/Y; NOI up 9.4%; occupancy flat at 94.4%.
- Full-year adjusted FFO per share guidance of $3.71-$3.78 assumes same-store revenue growth of 7-7.75%, expense growth of 2.75-3.5%, NOI growth of 8.25-9.5%.
- Conference call tomorrow at 1 ET.
- Previously: Extra Space Storage beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (July 27)
- EXR flat after hours
Wed, Jul. 27, 4:12 PM
Tue, Jul. 26, 5:35 PM
- ABCO, ABX, ACGL, AEM, AF, AGNC, AHL, ALEX, ALSN, AMCC, AMGN, ANIK, ARRS, ASGN, AXTI, BKCC, CA, CAKE, CBI, CBT, CDE, CMO, CMPR, CMRE, CNMD, COHR, CRUS, CSGP, CVTI, CW, CYS, DLB, DRE, ECHO, EFX, ELY, EQY, ESRT, ESV, EXR, FB, FBHS, FOE, FORR, GG, GPRO, GRPN, HOLX, HT, IAC, IBKC, INFN, INT, ISBC, KEX, KGC, KIM, KNL, KNX, KONA, KRA, KS, LLNW, LM, LOGI, LPSN, LRCX, MAA, MANT, MAR, MCK, MEOH, MKSI, MMLP, MMSI, MN, MOH, MUR, NATI, NE, NEU, NGD, NOW, NTGR, NTRI, NVDQ, NXPI, O, OCN, OI, ORLY, OTEX, PEIX, PPC, PSA, PXD, QDEL, QEP, QTM, RCII, ROIC, RRTS, SCI, SFLY, SIGI, SPRT, SPSC, SSNC, SU, TER, TILE, TIS, TMK, TMST, TTEK, TTMI, TYL, UNM, VAR, VNDA, VNR, VRTX, WFM, WFT, WIRE, WLL, WRE, WSR, XL, XLNX
Mon, Jul. 25, 10:01 AM
Wed, Jun. 8, 10:35 AM
- Extra Space Storage's (NYSE:EXR) 2016 Q1 same-store NOI growth of 12.3% outpaced that of Public Storage (NYSE:PSA) at 10.4%, and Sovran (NYSE:SSS) at 9.9%, but fell short of CubeSmart (NYSE:CUBE) at 12.9%.
- Over the last 41 quarters, EXR's 6.7% average same-store NOI growth stands against 4.6% for PSA, 5.1% for SSS, and 4.2% for CUBE.
- Today's $0.78 quarterly dividend compares to about $0.15 five years ago.
- The 10-year return of EXR (which includes the market crash) is 841.5%, tops among REITs - 2nd place is Digital Realty at just 490%. EXR is more than a 10-bagger since the 2009 bottom.
- For the future, the company still sees plenty of opportunity for sector consolidation, noting it, Public Storage, Sovran, and CubeSmart control just 15.7% of the market. While there is construction going on, it is muted, says management, so constrained supply will continue to be a tailwind.
- REITWeek presentation slides
Thu, May 26, 4:32 AM
- Extra Space Storage (NYSE:EXR) declares $0.78/share quarterly dividend, 32.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.59.
- Forward yield 3.38%
- Payable June 30; for shareholders of record June 15; ex-div June 13.