Jan. 12, 2015, 3:36 AM| Jan. 12, 2015, 3:36 AM | 10 Comments
Jan. 9, 2015, 3:31 PM
Jan. 8, 2015, 8:38 AM
- Ford Motor (NYSE:F) declares $0.15/share quarterly dividend, 20.0% increase from prior dividend of $0.125.
- Forward yield 3.99%
- Payable March 2; for shareholders of record Jan 30; ex-div Jan 28.
Jan. 8, 2015, 7:52 AM
- Ford (NYSE:F) reports sales in China rose 19% to 1.114M vehicles in 2014.
- The automaker sold 107K vehicles in the region during December to mark a return to double-digit growth after October and November were slow.
- JV partner Changan Ford saw passenger car sales rise 18% during the year, while sales of commercial vehicles from Jiangling Motors were up 20%.
Jan. 7, 2015, 8:02 PM
- Sales of electric vehicles in the U.S. rose 23% to 119.7K in 2014, according to a summary from InsideEVs.com.
- December was the peak month of the year with EV sales of 12,784 units.
- 2014 EV sales by model (estimated): Nissan Leaf 30.2K, Chevrolet Volt 18.8K, Tesla Model S 17.3K, Toyota Prius 13.2K, Ford Fusion Energi 11.55K, Ford C-Max Energi 8.4K, BMW i3 6.09K, Smart ED 2.59K, Ford Focus Electric 1.96K, Fiat 500e 1.79K, Cadillac ELR 1.31K, Toyota RAV4 1.18K.
- Plug-in entries from Porsche, Honda, Kia, Volkswagen, and Mitsubishi all recorded sales of less than a thousand for the year.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:NSANY, GM, TSLA, TM, F, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:DDAIF, FCAU, OTC:HYMLF, OTCQX:VLKAY.
Jan. 7, 2015, 1:03 PM| Jan. 7, 2015, 1:03 PM | 26 Comments
Jan. 6, 2015, 8:20 AM
- The spinoff of Ferrari could give Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (NYSE:FCAU) enough breathing room to seek a merger partner, according to auto industry analysts.
- The rising cost of developing clean cars in Europe and the U.S. sets the stage for automakers to join forces through mergers and extended partnerships.
- "Eventually it must happen," notes FCA chief Sergio Marchionne on the topic of mega-mergers.
- No company is too big to be ruled out of the merger discussions due to the benefits of scaling investment costs and matching strengths/weaknesses in Europe, Latin America, China, and the U.S, note insiders.
- Automakers: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, TSLA, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCPK:FUJHY, OTCPK:MMTOF, OTCPK:PEUGF, OTC:RNSDF, TTM, KNDI. OTCPK:SZKMY, OTCPK:MZDAY.
Jan. 6, 2015, 2:03 AM
- Hoping to spur wider use of hydrogen to power vehicles, Toyota (NYSE:TM) says it will share its 5,700 patents related to hydrogen fuel-cells with other carmakers without charging a royalty fee.
- The move rivals Elon Musk's decision last June to freely license Tesla’s electric-car patents to other automakers to help advance the development of electric-powered vehicles.
- Toyota is aiming to produce a small number of $57,500 hydrogen-fueled Mirai vehicles this year which will be available globally.
- Other automakers engaged in fuel-cell development programs: HMC, GM, OTCPK:NSANY, F, OTCPK:DDAIF
Jan. 5, 2015, 12:34 PM
- The average transaction price paid for a vehicles in the U.S. during December rose 1.9% Y/Y and 1.1% M/M to $33,168, according to an estimate from TrueCar.
- ATP changes (Y/Y): Hyundai (OTC:HYMLF) +9.4%, Subaru (OTCPK:FUJHY) +4.3%, Volkswagen (OTCQX:VLKAY) +3.7%, Nissan (OTCPK:NSANY) +2.7%, General Motors (NYSE:GM) +2.4%, Ford (NYSE:F) +2.2%, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (NYSE:FCAU) +1.9%, Kia +1.7%, Honda (NYSE:HMC) +1.2%, Toyota (NYSE:TM) -1.3%.
- Incentive spending as a percentage of ATP was up 8.7% in December vs. +8.8% in November and +8.4% a year ago. The Big Three Detroit automakers were on the higher end, while Subaru and Toyota were the tightest of the bunch.
- Previous on U.S. auto sales: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ford, General Motors, Toyota
Jan. 5, 2015, 9:45 AM
- Ford (F -3.2%) reports truck sales rose 4.0% in December, while volume for both cars and utilities fell off.
- Sales growth by brand: Ford +0.4% to 210.981; Lincoln +21.4% to 9,690.
- Sales growth by model: Ford Focus -4.4% to 14,883; Ford Fusion -5.1% to 23,166; Ford Mustang +66.1% to 9,511; Ford F-Series -0.3% to 74,355; Ford Explorer +6.2% to 16,632; Lincoln Navigator +90.2% to 1,792, Lincoln MKC (new) 2,310.
- Ford ended the year as the best-selling brand in the U.S. for the 5th consecutive year.
- Previously: Ford December U.S. sales
Jan. 5, 2015, 9:35 AM| Jan. 5, 2015, 9:35 AM | 6 Comments
Jan. 1, 2015, 3:41 AM
- More than 60M vehicles were recalled in the U.S. in 2014, totaling an average of about two announcements a day and affecting the equivalent of one in five vehicles on the road.
- GM's (NYSE:GM) defective ignition switch, Honda's (NYSE:HMC) Takata (OTCPK:TKTDY) air bag crisis and Fiat Chrysler's (NYSE:FCAU) flammable gas tanks led the group, doubling the previous U.S. annual recall record set in 2004.
Dec. 31, 2014, 2:54 PM
- Ford (F +0.2%) has filed two patents related to the use of the term "EcoBeast" in an apparent branding initiative.
- Auto industry blog Motrolix speculates the move could be tied to a new version of the automaker's Ecoboost engine or an advanced high-performance concept still in development.
- Ford USPTO trademark application #1, trademark application #2
Dec. 31, 2014, 9:04 AM
- A sobering comment from China Automobile Dealers Association deputy secretary general Luo Lei could give manufacturers pause heading into 2015.
- "Carmakers have high market expectations. But the reality is: supply exceeds demand," maintains Lei.
- Dealers in China have been complaining this year about problems clearing inventory, even in the luxury sector, amid an unbalanced push by automakers to meet targets.
- Also on the Chinese automobile market: China extends EV subsidies, High hopes for Chinese luxury automobile segment, Toyota to miss China 2014 sales goal.
- Related stocks: OTCPK:DDAIF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, GM, OTCPK:NSANY, TM, TTM, F, HMC, TSLA, KNDI.
Dec. 23, 2014, 2:03 PM
Dec. 22, 2014, 10:49 AM
- TrueCar projects automobile sales in the U.S will rise 2.6% to 17M next year.
- The research firm forecasts the average transaction price of new vehicles will increase 2.4% to a $32,589.
- TrueCar's models to watch: Ford F-Series, Mazda CX-3, Mercedes-Benz GLA.
- Related stocks: GM, F, TM, FCAU, HMC, OTCPK:NSANY, OTCPK:DDAIF, OTC:HYMLF, OTCPK:BAMXY, OTCQX:VLKAY, OTCPK:FUJHY, KMX, CRMT, AN, OTCPK:MZDAY, LAD.
Ford Motor Co. is engaged in the manufacturing and distribution of automobiles. It operates through two business sectors: Automotive and Financial Services. The Automotive sector operates through four business segments: North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific Africa. The North... More
Sector: Consumer Goods
Industry: Auto Manufacturers - Major
Country: United States
Other News & PR