First American Financial CorporationNYSE
First American Financial: Housing Surge To Lift Shares To $47
Ian Bezek • 19 Comments
Ian Bezek • 19 Comments
Tue, Nov. 8, 6:01 PM
Thu, Oct. 20, 6:47 AM
Wed, Oct. 19, 5:30 PM
Tue, Sep. 6, 11:14 AM
- Based in New Jersey, RedVision is the largest independent title provider. The company will become part of First American's (NYSE:FAF) Data and Mortgage Solutions division, and will continue to operate under its brand, with current CEO Brian Twibell continuing to lead the business.
- Terms were not disclosed.
Wed, Aug. 17, 9:38 AM
Thu, Jul. 21, 6:51 AM
Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM| Wed, Jul. 20, 5:30 PM | 13 Comments
Tue, Jul. 12, 11:38 AM
- Plunging interest rates in June led to an 8.5% pickup in 30-year and 15-year fixed agency MBS prepayment speeds, and 14% for ARMs, according to the latest data.
- KBW's Bose George expects prepayments to stay elevated over the next few months, but with mREITs already trading at an average 0.9x book value, the pressure on earnings may already be priced in.
- Picking out a couple of names, Capstead Mortgage (CMO +0.6%) has meaningful prepay risk, says George, while risk is more contained at MFA Financial (MFA -0.1%).
- ETFs: MORL, REM, MORT
- Meanwhile, pain for the mortgage REITs in this case means gain for companies that might benefit from the fast pace of mortgage production. Title insurers like First American Financial (FAF +0.7%) and Fidelity National (FNFV +2.1%) come to mind.
Tue, May 10, 6:03 PM
- First American Financial (NYSE:FAF) declares $0.26/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 2.79%
- Payable June 15; for shareholders of record June 8; ex-div June 6.
Thu, Apr. 21, 6:50 AM
- First American Financial (NYSE:FAF): Q1 EPS of $0.47 beats by $0.10.
- Revenue of $1.2B (+8.1% Y/Y) beats by $70M.
Wed, Apr. 20, 5:30 PM
- ADS, ALK, AZZ, BANC, BBT, BHE, BIIB, BK, BX, CFG, CLS, COL, DAN, DGX, DHI, DHR, DOV, DST, ERIC, FAF, FCS, FITB, GM, GMT, HOMB, IMAX, JAKK, JCI, KCG, KEY, LAD, LAZ, LUV, MAN, MDSO, MDWD, NUE, NVR, NVS, PBCT, PHM, PII, POOL, PPG, PVTB, RS, SHW, SILC, SNA, SON, STC, SWK, SYNT, TCB, TRV, UA, UNP, USG, UTEK, VZ
Fri, Apr. 1, 12:11 PM
- Forsythe Appraisals is the country's largest indepedent residential appraisal company, and was purchased by First American Financial (FAF +0.3%) subsidiary First American Mortgage Solutions.
- The acqusition broadens the First American's existing valuation services nationwide.
Tue, Mar. 22, 11:12 AM
- The First American (NYSE:FAF) Real Estate Sentiment Index for Q1 fell 4.4% from the last quarter of 2015, with purchase market sentment slipping 4.2% and refinance sentiment down 4.9%.
- The Index is compiled from a survey of independent title agents that do business with First America.
- “The modest decline in title agent expectations for market production was caused by concerns over transaction volume as opposed to slowing price appreciation,” says First American's chief economist, Mark Fleming. “Rather, concerns about rising prices hampering affordability and access to credit are tempering title agent expectations for market growth.”
Thu, Feb. 11, 6:54 AM
- First American Financial (NYSE:FAF): Q4 EPS of $0.74 may not be comparable to consensus of $0.66.
- Revenue of $1.36B (+7.9% Y/Y) beats by $50M.
Wed, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
- AAP, AB, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AVP, AYR, BG, BTU, BWA, CCE, COR, CPLA, CVE, DBD, FAF, FLIR, GNC, GPI, GRA, HUN, INCY, INT, IVC, K, KKR, LC, LIOX, LPX, MANU, MFC, MGI, MOS, MWW, NCI, NICE, NILE, NLSN, NNN, NOK, NTWK, NWE, OZM, PAG, PDS, PEP, PNK, Q, RAI, SHPG, SON, STC, TAP, TCK, TEVA, TGH, THS, TIME, TRI, TRIP, TZOO, VG, WBC, WOOF, WSO, WWAV, WWE
Wed, Feb. 10, 3:02 PM
- It's notoriously difficult to read anything into the weekly mortgage applications report from the MBA, as a weather event or timing of a holiday can throw things off.
- Instead checking the year-over-year figures over a period of several weeks, Seeking Alpha contributor Markos Kaminis finds purchase applications averaging 20% growth so far in 2016, including a 25% Y/Y gain for the latest reported period.
- A check of the price charts of a number of housing-related stocks - homebuilders, title companies, mortgage insurers - paints a far more depressing picture of real estate, and suggests investors may have a buying opportunity at hand.
- Notable tickers: XHB, ITB, PHM, TOL, MTG, RDN, ITIC, FAF, FNF