Will Coronado Biosciences Revolutionize Medicine?
Coronado Biosciences Reuniting Old Friends
Tue, May 10, 5:11 PM
Thu, Apr. 28, 10:12 AM
- In one of the more unusual mergers, Fortress Biotech (FBIO -3.7%) agrees to acquire all the stock of investment bank and asset management firm National Holdings (NHLD +39.8%) for $3.25 a share, a 44% premium over yesterday's close of $2.26. If the deal goes through (at least 80% of shares tendered), NHLD will cease being a public company.
- Fortress aims to use National's financial prowess to fund its growth and development into a world-class outfit. National aims to grow its diverse platform of services, including asset management, insurance, tax planning and mortgages.
- Last December, National was the target of a $3.50-per-share bid from CB Pharma Acquisition, headed by former NHLD Chairman Michael Weiss.
- Read now Implications Of Unsolicited Offer To Acquire National Holdings Corp.
Tue, Mar. 15, 7:37 AM
Dec. 21, 2015, 12:38 PM
- Fortress Biotech's (FBIO +1.6%) Checkpoint Therapeutics closes a $58M private equity placement. The deal consisted of the sale of 1,160 units at $50,000 per unit.
- Each unit consists of 10,000 shares of common stock and a five-year warrant to purchase 2,500 shares of common at $7 per share.
- Net proceeds will fund the advancement of the company's portfolio of antibodies licensed from Dana-Farber and its small molecule EGFR inhibitor licensed from China-based NeuPharma. Clinical trials are expected to commence in H1 for the EGFR inhibitor and H2 for the Dana-Farber antibodies.
Nov. 9, 2015, 8:03 AM
- Fortress Biotech (NASDAQ:FBIO): Q3 EPS of -$0.46 vs. -$0.13 in 3Q14.
- Revenue of $0.03M
Oct. 16, 2015, 9:52 AM
Aug. 10, 2015, 7:19 AM
- Fortress Biotech (NASDAQ:FBIO): Q2 EPS of -$0.16 misses by $0.02.
Jul. 17, 2015, 8:33 AM
- Fortress Biotech (NASDAQ:FBIO) announces that its subsidiary Altamira Bio has acquired a license for oral N-acetyl-D-mannosamine (ManNAc) from New Zealand Pharmaceuticals. ManNAc, a key compound in the sialic biosynthetic pathway, will be developed for the treatment of hyposialylation disorders, including Hereditary Inclusion Body Myopathy (HIBM), a rare genetic condition that causes progressive muscle wasting and weakness. It affects ~2,000 people worldwide.
- Financial terms of the license are not disclosed. New Zealand Pharma will remain the exclusive global supplier of the product.
- ManNAc is designated an Orphan Drug for the treatment of HIBM by the FDA.
Jun. 19, 2015, 12:46 PM
Apr. 20, 2015, 12:45 PM
- Micro cap Coronado Biosciences (CNDO -2.8%), down as much as 19% today before recovering, disclosed in a regulatory filing that it terminated development of its Trichuris suis ova program for the treatment of pediatric patients with autism spectrum disorder after a preliminary data analysis from a Phase 2a trial failed to demonstrate any signal of activity.
Apr. 20, 2015, 9:17 AM
Apr. 8, 2015, 1:05 PM
- The following companies are extended at least 30% above their 50-day moving averages, trade at least 500K shares per day, have market caps less than $500M and have poor fundamentals:
- (CAPN -7.6%)(AMRN +4.1%)(NYMX +3.6%)(CRMD -1.2%)(CNDO +6.8%)(ADXS +13.1%)(AXN +3.6%)(DRRX +4.9%)(CYTX -1.9%)(AVEO +2.6%)(RIGL +1.8%)(NVGN +10.5%)
- The list is not meant to provide Buy/Sell recommendations. It is a group of stocks that may warrant further research by individual investors.
Apr. 2, 2015, 8:12 AM
- Coronado Biosciences (NASDAQ:CNDO) forms a new subsidiary, DiaVax Biosciences, to develop novel immunotherapies for the prevention and treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection. CMV affects almost everyone. It is typically asymptomatic in healthy people, but can cause severe problems in those with weakened or undeveloped immune systems.
- DiaVax secured the worldwide rights to two T-cell immunotherapeutic vaccines from City of Hope for controlling CMV in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant and solid organ transplant recipients. The vaccines, known as Triplex and PepVax, are expected to enter Phase 2 development later this year. DiaVax also has an option with City of Hope for exclusive global rights to Pentamer, a universal immunotherapeutic vaccine being developed for the prevention of CMV transmission in utero. City of Hope is eligible to receive milestones and other payments of $100M+ if the three product candidates are successfully developed and commercialized.
Mar. 31, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 19, 2015, 1:41 PM
- Thinly-traded micro cap Coronado Biosciences (CNDO +39.8%) jumps on a whopping 56x surge in volume in response to its announcement that it has formed a new company, Mustang Therapeutics, to develop and commercialize a portfolio of CAR-T cells developed by researchers at City of Hope located at Duarte, CA.
- The deal is valued in excess of $40M based on an upfront payment and milestones. Clinical trials to evaluate the first two CAR-T cells in humans will commence at City of Hope later this year.
Mar. 19, 2015, 1:29 PM
- Investors show some love for CAR-T-related stocks today. Drugs based on Chimeric Antigen Receptor technology are the "next big things" in cancer treatment. Early data show impressive results in certain blood cancers.
- Newcomer Cellectis (Pending:CLLS) should debut shortly.
- Related tickers: (JUNO +14.8%)(KITE +14.9%)(BLUE +5.2%)(BLCM +7.7%)(ZIOP +4.6%)(CNDO +40.1%)
Fortress Biotech, Inc. operates as a biopharmaceutical company, which is engaged in the development of novel immunotherapy biologic agents for the treatment of autoimmune diseases and cancer. The company's principal pharmaceutical product candidates in clinical development include Trichuris suis... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR