Will Coronado Biosciences Revolutionize Medicine?
Coronado Biosciences Reuniting Old Friends
Thu, Apr. 28, 10:12 AM
- In one of the more unusual mergers, Fortress Biotech (FBIO -3.7%) agrees to acquire all the stock of investment bank and asset management firm National Holdings (NHLD +39.8%) for $3.25 a share, a 44% premium over yesterday's close of $2.26. If the deal goes through (at least 80% of shares tendered), NHLD will cease being a public company.
- Fortress aims to use National's financial prowess to fund its growth and development into a world-class outfit. National aims to grow its diverse platform of services, including asset management, insurance, tax planning and mortgages.
- Last December, National was the target of a $3.50-per-share bid from CB Pharma Acquisition, headed by former NHLD Chairman Michael Weiss.
- Read now Implications Of Unsolicited Offer To Acquire National Holdings Corp.
Jun. 19, 2015, 12:46 PM
Apr. 20, 2015, 12:45 PM
- Micro cap Coronado Biosciences (CNDO -2.8%), down as much as 19% today before recovering, disclosed in a regulatory filing that it terminated development of its Trichuris suis ova program for the treatment of pediatric patients with autism spectrum disorder after a preliminary data analysis from a Phase 2a trial failed to demonstrate any signal of activity.
Apr. 20, 2015, 9:17 AM
Mar. 31, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 19, 2015, 1:41 PM
- Thinly-traded micro cap Coronado Biosciences (CNDO +39.8%) jumps on a whopping 56x surge in volume in response to its announcement that it has formed a new company, Mustang Therapeutics, to develop and commercialize a portfolio of CAR-T cells developed by researchers at City of Hope located at Duarte, CA.
- The deal is valued in excess of $40M based on an upfront payment and milestones. Clinical trials to evaluate the first two CAR-T cells in humans will commence at City of Hope later this year.
Mar. 19, 2015, 1:29 PM
- Investors show some love for CAR-T-related stocks today. Drugs based on Chimeric Antigen Receptor technology are the "next big things" in cancer treatment. Early data show impressive results in certain blood cancers.
- Newcomer Cellectis (Pending:CLLS) should debut shortly.
- Related tickers: (JUNO +14.8%)(KITE +14.9%)(BLUE +5.2%)(BLCM +7.7%)(ZIOP +4.6%)(CNDO +40.1%)
Mar. 19, 2015, 12:47 PM
Mar. 19, 2015, 9:16 AM
Mar. 4, 2015, 12:45 PM
Mar. 4, 2015, 9:50 AM
- Thinly-traded micro cap Coronado Biosciences (CNDO +15.8%) jumps in early trading in response to its announcement of the signing of a collaboration agreement with a researcher at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to develop novel immuno-oncology antibodies for blood cancers.
- The company will form a new subsidiary, Checkpoint Therapeutics, to develop a portfolio of antibodies produced in the laboratory of Dr. Wayne Marasco, M.D. at Dana-Farber, including PD-L1, GITR and CAIX. Clinical trials are expected to commence in H2 2016.
- Dr. Marasco will chair the Scientific Advisory Board of the company and Checkpoint will pay Dana-Farber an undisclosed upfront licensing fee, development and sales milestones and royalties on net sales.
- In connection with the Dana-Farber partnership, Checkpoint inks a collaboration deal with TG Therapeutics (TGTX +2.3%) to develop and commercialize anti-PD-L1 and anti-GITR in hematologic malignancies. Both programs are in preclinical development. Checkpoint retains the rights to develop and commercialize both antibodies in solid tumors. Under the terms of the agreement, TG will pay Checkpoint an disclosed upfront license fee, development and sales milestones and tiered single-digit royalties on net sales.
Mar. 4, 2015, 9:13 AM
- Gainers: IFON +44%. NVGN +44%. EFUT +36%. CNDO +27%. W +22%. ATOS +16%. PHMD +20%. ATHM +13%. NURO +12%. SWHC +10%. AMRN +9%. AEO +8%. AMBA +8%. CRMD +8%. SOL +7%. OREX +7%. TIVO +6%. EXAS +5%.
- Losers: CYCC -22%. BOBE -19%. TNET -16%. BV -16%. VEEV -15%. CYTX -8%. ANF -8%. ONCY -6%. ACHN -5%. FAST -5%.
Nov. 26, 2014, 4:07 PM
Sep. 4, 2014, 12:47 PM
Feb. 6, 2014, 9:15 AM
Jan. 3, 2014, 9:12 AM
Fortress Biotech, Inc. operates as a biopharmaceutical company, which is engaged in the development of novel immunotherapy biologic agents for the treatment of autoimmune diseases and cancer. The company's principal pharmaceutical product candidates in clinical development include Trichuris suis... More
Country: United States
Other News & PR