Look At Fuel Cell Energy To Take Advantage Of The Energy Revolution
Mike Hathaway • 137 Comments
Mike Hathaway • 137 Comments
Dec. 8, 2015, 11:05 AM
- FuelCell (FCEL -11.6%) continues to tank after last week's reverse split that converted 12 shares into one.
- The move allowed the company to remain listed on the Nasdaq, after being warned on Aug. 12 that it wasn't in compliance since its share price had closed below $1 for 30 consecutive days.
Dec. 4, 2015, 12:44 PM
Nov. 19, 2015, 10:57 AM
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL -1.2%) has announced the commencement of its previously disclosed North American manufacturing facility expansion, and closing on a $30M assistance agreement with the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development.
- The expansion is being undertaken in two phases with the first stage increasing the size of the manufacturing facility and the second stage increasing annual manufacturing capacity from 100 MW to at least 200 MW.
Nov. 17, 2015, 9:11 AM
- The United Illuminating Company, a subsidiary of UIL Holdings (NYSE:UIL), has sealed an agreement with the town of Woodbridge, CT to build a state-of-the-art microgrid - powered by FuelCell (NASDAQ:FCEL) - which will ensure that critical municipal facilities have reliable power.
- The FuelCell power plant will provide 2.2 megawatts of ultra-clean power to the electric grid under normal operation.
Nov. 2, 2015, 9:16 AM| Nov. 2, 2015, 9:16 AM | 7 Comments
Oct. 28, 2015, 9:48 AM
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL +5.6%) pops higher at the open after announcing a 20-year power purchase agreement with Alameda County, Calif., to install a 1.4 MW fuel cell combined heat and power plant at Santa Rita Jail.
- The new fuel cell plant, to be commissioned in H2 2016, will replace a smaller FCEL power plant installed in 2006.
- FCEL says the deal facilitates the upgrade of the fuel cell to the latest generation power plant with no upfront capital investment required from the county and payment on a per kilowatt hour basis only for power produced at a price lower than the electric grid.
Oct. 5, 2015, 2:58 PM
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL +13.3%) surges higher following news of the completion of awards from the Department of Energy for four projects that add ~$24M to its Q4 backlog, and with the potential to open up new outlets for the company's fuel cell technology.
- The projects include carbon capture utilizing a carbonate fuel cell power plant and three others related to the commercialization of solid oxide fuel cell technology.
Sep. 8, 2015, 6:39 PM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL): FQ3 EPS of -$0.02 in-line.
- Revenue of $41.35M (-4.2% Y/Y) beats by $1.91M.
Sep. 7, 2015, 5:35 PM
Aug. 28, 2015, 3:03 PM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) is up 8.6% on its effort to create methanol and other liquid fuels from natural gas, using an electrochemical cell.
- The company will work with scientists at the University of North Dakota on building a high-performance, low-cost cell that would help tap the methane richness of natural gas. Methanol is easier to store and transport, and liquid hydrocarbons have up to 10 times the value of natural gas on an energy basis.
- The electrochemical cells could be located near heavy methane sources (oil/gas wells, farms, landfills) that could make a useful fuel rather than letting methane, a potent greenhouse gas, escape into the atmosphere.
- It's a $3.5M project awarded by the Dept. of Energy's Advanced Research Projects Agency.
Jul. 13, 2015, 10:54 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) is up 5.2% as Cowen & Co. reiterates its Outperform rating following an investor tour of the company's Torrington plant.
- Cowen has a price target of $3; shares closed yesterday at $0.88 and are trading currently at $0.926.
- Management showed confidence about future order pace, Jeffrey Osborne notes: "We came away feeling comfortable with our bullish stance on FCEL shares and believe the stock is oversold at current levels. We see several projects coming to a late stage of development in NY/CT and likely regulatory approval in 3-6 months."
Jun. 9, 2015, 9:17 AM
Jun. 8, 2015, 6:02 PM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL): FQ2 EPS of -$0.04 misses by $0.02.
- Revenue of $28.6M (-25.3% Y/Y) misses by $12.7M.
Jun. 7, 2015, 5:35 PM
Mar. 10, 2015, 6:02 PM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL): FQ1 EPS of -$0.02 in-line.
- Revenue of $41.67M (-6.2% Y/Y) misses by $6.37M.
Mar. 9, 2015, 5:35 PM
FuelCell Energy, Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, installs and services stationary fuel cell power plants for distributed power generation. It operates through the Fuel Cell Power Plant Production and Research segment. It offers products for the Ultra-Clean Power and Renewable Power markets.... More
Sector: Industrial Goods
Industry: Industrial Electrical Equipment
Country: United States
Other News & PR