FuelCell Energy, Inc.NASDAQ
Thu, Dec. 1, 12:47 PM
Thu, Dec. 1, 7:33 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) says it will restructure to reduce costs and align production levels with current levels of demand.
- The company says it will reduce materials spend as well as implementing various cost control initiatives. A 17% workforce reduction of a total of 96 positions is included in the initiative.
- FuelCell says the production rate has been reduced to 25 megawatts annually, from the prior rate of 50 megawatts annually, in order to position for delays in anticipated order flow. The production level is anticipated to be temporary and will be reevaluated as order flow dictates.
- “We are streamlining our business and cost structure as we reduce our production levels to meet the backlog we have today while positioning the company for long term success," says CEO Chip Bottone.
- FCEL -2.22% premarket to $2.20.
- Source: Press Release
Fri, Nov. 18, 9:15 AM| Fri, Nov. 18, 9:15 AM | 1 Comment
Fri, Nov. 18, 7:58 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) +8.3% premarket on news it signed a contract with Alberta Innovates for an engineering study on a fuel cell carbon capture application at a heavy oil thermal facility owned by Husky Energy (OTCPK:HUSKF) in Saskatchewan.
- FCEL says it will develop and prove the application for a carbon capture configured megawatt-class fuel cell power plant to simultaneously concentrate and capture carbon while producing ultra-clean power.
- A second potential site, the Scotford bitumen upgrading facility in Alberta, will be evaluated as part of the study; the upgrader is part of the Athabasca Oil Sands Project, a joint venture between operator Shell (RDS.A, RDS.B), Chevron (NYSE:CVX) and Marathon Oil (NYSE:MRO).
Thu, Nov. 17, 5:35 PM
Thu, Nov. 10, 9:17 AM
- Gainers: TUBE +82%. SODA +18%. AHT +11%. AEG +10%. ZLTQ +10%. NAT +9%. TASR +9%. MTL +9%. SHAK +8%. KSS +8%. EBIO +8%. UBS +8%. PUK +7%. FCEL +8%. ARIA +6%. FCX +6%. RBS +6%. ENDP +6%. BCS +6%. CS +5%.
- Losers: SUNW -31%. ANTH -19%. BVX -14%. NVAX -11%. WUBA -11%. BBD -8%. SEDG -7%. RRR -6%. AZN -6%. VIV -6%. SBS -5%. NGG -5%.
Thu, Nov. 10, 9:11 AM| Thu, Nov. 10, 9:11 AM | 5 Comments
Fri, Nov. 4, 9:14 AM
Tue, Nov. 1, 12:40 PM
Thu, Oct. 27, 9:14 AM
Thu, Oct. 27, 8:26 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) +5.4% premarket after announcing with ExxonMobil the selection of a location - the James M. Barry Electric Generating Station - to test novel fuel cell carbon capture technology under development by the companies.
- The fuel cell carbon capture solution could substantially reduce costs and lead to a more economical pathway toward large-scale carbon capture and sequestration globally.
Tue, Oct. 25, 12:42 PM
Tue, Oct. 25, 9:17 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) -38.4% premarket after disclosing its Beacon Falls Energy Park project was not selected for contract negotiations under the New England Clean Energy request for proposals.
- Beacon Falls Energy Park is a 63.3 MW fuel cell facility proposed to be built in Beacon Falls, Conn., using FCEL's fuel cell power plants; FCEL had hoped to manufacture and sell the fuel cell power plants to the land owner, and would then operate and maintain the plants under a long term service agreement.
- FCEL says it will seek to pursue alternate paths to continue to develop and construct the project.
Tue, Oct. 25, 9:16 AM
Thu, Sep. 8, 9:23 AM
Thu, Sep. 8, 8:00 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) FQ3 EPS of -$0.38 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $21.7M (-47.5% Y/Y) misses by $10.6M.
- Shares -7.8% premarket.