Mon, Nov. 2, 9:16 AM| Mon, Nov. 2, 9:16 AM | 7 Comments
Wed, Oct. 28, 9:48 AM
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL +5.6%) pops higher at the open after announcing a 20-year power purchase agreement with Alameda County, Calif., to install a 1.4 MW fuel cell combined heat and power plant at Santa Rita Jail.
- The new fuel cell plant, to be commissioned in H2 2016, will replace a smaller FCEL power plant installed in 2006.
- FCEL says the deal facilitates the upgrade of the fuel cell to the latest generation power plant with no upfront capital investment required from the county and payment on a per kilowatt hour basis only for power produced at a price lower than the electric grid.
Mon, Oct. 5, 2:58 PM
- FuelCell Energy (FCEL +13.3%) surges higher following news of the completion of awards from the Department of Energy for four projects that add ~$24M to its Q4 backlog, and with the potential to open up new outlets for the company's fuel cell technology.
- The projects include carbon capture utilizing a carbonate fuel cell power plant and three others related to the commercialization of solid oxide fuel cell technology.
Fri, Aug. 28, 3:03 PM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) is up 8.6% on its effort to create methanol and other liquid fuels from natural gas, using an electrochemical cell.
- The company will work with scientists at the University of North Dakota on building a high-performance, low-cost cell that would help tap the methane richness of natural gas. Methanol is easier to store and transport, and liquid hydrocarbons have up to 10 times the value of natural gas on an energy basis.
- The electrochemical cells could be located near heavy methane sources (oil/gas wells, farms, landfills) that could make a useful fuel rather than letting methane, a potent greenhouse gas, escape into the atmosphere.
- It's a $3.5M project awarded by the Dept. of Energy's Advanced Research Projects Agency.
Mon, Jul. 13, 10:54 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) is up 5.2% as Cowen & Co. reiterates its Outperform rating following an investor tour of the company's Torrington plant.
- Cowen has a price target of $3; shares closed yesterday at $0.88 and are trading currently at $0.926.
- Management showed confidence about future order pace, Jeffrey Osborne notes: "We came away feeling comfortable with our bullish stance on FCEL shares and believe the stock is oversold at current levels. We see several projects coming to a late stage of development in NY/CT and likely regulatory approval in 3-6 months."
Tue, Jun. 9, 9:17 AM
Wed, Feb. 11, 9:13 AM
Dec. 15, 2014, 5:45 PM
Dec. 12, 2014, 8:44 AM
- FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) +3.1% premarket after reporting the final acceptance of ts first German-manufactured fuel cell power plant that is installed and operating at Berlin's Federal Ministry of Education and Research office complex.
- Yesterday, FCEL announced an operating milestone with the generation of 3B kwh of ultra-clean and renewable electricity produced by Direct FuelCell power plants since first commercial installation in 2003.
Nov. 28, 2014, 10:55 AM
- Solar stocks are getting hit hard (TAN -5.1%) after OPEC opted against cutting oil production, leading crude prices to plunge below $70/barrel and sparking huge selloffs in energy/commodity stocks. Fuel cell stocks aren't faring much better.
- Solar decliners: FSLR -6.8%. SPWR -6%. SUNE -5.7%. SCTY -2.9%. CSIQ -10.7%. SOL -9.1%. YGE -7.3%. DQ -7.2%. ENPH -6.8%. TSL -6.9%. JASO -7.5%. RGSE -3.9%. JKS -6.9%. CSUN -3.5%. VSLR -3.7%. HSOL -3.8%.
- Fuel cell decliners: BLDP -6.1%. FCEL -4.5%. PLUG -2.3%. HYGS -5.3%.
Nov. 12, 2014, 3:59 PM
- Plug Power (PLUG -16.6%) bumps along near its lows of the day following its Q3 earnings miss and downside revenue guidance.
- In its earnings conference call, PLUG lowered its FY 2014 revenue guidance to $70M-$75M vs. prior guidance of $75M, and expects to ship 900-1000 Gendrive units in Q4; reaffirms its 2014 bookings guidance of $150M.
- PLUG sees product gross margins expanding to 25% gross margins by year-end 2015; sees service gross margins ~10% region during the period.
- Says it is attempting to build a new large scale hydrogen plant, and may seek partners or acquisitions.
- Also: FCEL -6.6%, BLDP -8.6%, ZBB -3%.
Nov. 3, 2014, 5:49 PM
- Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG) continued to climb today, building on the fuel-cell manufacturer's announcement last week about a new deal to supply Golden State Foods with its GenDrive zero-emission hydrogen fuel cells for use in powering 39 of its material handling vehicles.
- PLUG previously has said it expects its product and service orders to triple over year-ago levels, possibly lifting the company to its first profit since 1999.
- PLUG jumped 9% today and nearly 17% since the news; peers FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) and Ballard Power (NASDAQ:BLDP) both rose more than 5% today.
Oct. 13, 2014, 4:09 PM
- Solar and fuel cell companies are among the biggest decliners on a day that saw NYMEX crude oil prices fall below $85/barrel (they're now slightly above), and Reuters report the Saudi government "will accept oil prices below $90 per barrel, and perhaps down to $80, for as long as a year or two." The Nasdaq as a whole finished down 1.4%.
- Of note: Oil only accounts for 1% of U.S. electricity production, and also a small percentage of electricity output in many other large economies.
- Solar decliners: SUNE -10.7%. FSLR -5.9%. SCTY -9.7%. DQ -9.4%. CSIQ -8.1%.JASO -7.7%. SOL -8.6%. TERP -7.5%. JKS -6.7%. CSUN -5.9%. VSLR -6.3%. TSL -8.7%. YGE -5%.
- Fuel cell decliners: FCEL -6%. PLUG -4.7%. BLDP -7.4%.
- Solar ETFs: KWT, TAN
Oct. 1, 2014, 9:14 AM
- The U.S. Department of Energy has awarded FuelCell Energy (NASDAQ:FCEL) with a $3.2M contract for advanced material development to enhance power density and performance of the company's next generation Direct FuelCell products.
- FuelCell has included both the University of Connecticut and the Illinois Institute of Technology to support select aspects of the research for the three year project.
- FCEL +3.4% premarket
Sep. 26, 2014, 5:37 PM
Sep. 19, 2014, 5:37 PM
Fuelcell Energy Inc is an integrated fuel cell company. The Company designs, manufactures, sells, installs, operates and services ultra-clean, highly efficient stationary fuel cell power plants for distributed power generation.
Other News & PR