First Cash Financial Services, Inc.NASDAQ
Signs Of Progress At First Cash Financial, But The Model Is Changing
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Persistent Sluggishness In The U.S. A Growing Problem For First Cash Financial
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Thu, Oct. 27, 6:29 AM
Thu, Oct. 27, 6:06 AM
Wed, Oct. 26, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABMD, ACOR, AET, ALLE, ALV, ALXN, AMT, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BBW, BC, BCOR, BGCP, BMS, BMY, BWA, BX, CBG, CCMP, CELG, CFX, CHH, CL, CLF, CMC, CME, CMS, COLB, COP, COR, CRI, CRR, CRS, CVE, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CYS, DFT, DLX, DOW, DPS, EME, EPD, EQGP, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FMS, GCI, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, HCA, HEES, I, IDA, IDCC, IP, IPGP, IRDM, IVZ, LANC, LAZ, LKQ, LLL, MD, MDP, MDXG, MHO, MJN, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, NEWM, NMR, NOK, NOV, NTCT, ODFL, ORI, PATK, PENN, PF, PJC, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, QSII, RDN, RGS, ROCK, RTN, SCG, SEE, SFE, SILC, SIRI, SMP, SQNS, SRPT, STM, SUP, SWK, TCK, TDC, TFX, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPH, TPX, TREE, TROW, TUES, TWTR, TZOO, UAN, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VC, VLP, WCC, WEX, WST, WWE, XEL, XRS, YNDX
Thu, Oct. 13, 7:39 AM
- Following the merger with Cash America, JMP analyst David Scharf thinks the combined company is "a compelling combination of cash-flow rich domestic operations that should fund aggressive return of capital and a long runway of ongoing ... expansion in Latin America."
- Other positive catalysts include a recovery in pawn demand in Mexico, synergies, and the focus on returning capital.
- The $57 price target is 20% above yesterday's close for FCFS.
Fri, Sep. 2, 1:00 PM
Thu, Jul. 28, 6:44 AM
Thu, Jul. 28, 6:17 AM
Wed, Jul. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AEP, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AMT, APD, ARIA, AZN, BC, BCC, BCO, BCOR, BEN, BG, BGCP, BHI, BMS, BMY, BSX, BWA, BWEN, BZH, CAB, CBG, CBM, CELG, CFX, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRR, CRS, CS, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, DBD, DFT, DLX, DOW, DSX, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, EXLS, F, FCFS, FCN, FI, FIG, FITB, FLY, FSS, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GPI, GPN, GRUB, GTLS, HCA, HEES, HOG, HP, HSY, HTH, IART, IDA, IGT, INCR, INGR, IP, IPGP, IRDM, ITC, ITG, IVC, IVZ, KEM, LAD, LAZ, LDOS, LEA, LKQ, LLL, LPG, MA, MCS, MD, MDP, MDWD, MINI, MITK, MJN, MKTX, MMC, MNRO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, MTRN, MVIS, NAP, NEWM, NICE, NMR, NOV, NTCT, NYT, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PAG, PCG, PES, PF, PJC, PNR, POT, PRLB, PTEN, PX, RDN, RDS.A, RPM, RTN, SCG, SEE, SERV, SFE, SPB, SPGI, SQBG, SQNS, STNG, SXC, SXCP, TCK, TFX, TGI, THRM, TKR, TMO, TPX, TREE, TRI, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UTHR, VC, VGR, VIVO, VNTV, WCC, WILN, WRLD, WST, WWE, YNDX, ZBH
Thu, Jun. 2, 6:30 AM
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will release a set of sweeping proposals today aimed at reshaping the market for payday loans and other expensive credit that the agency and consumer advocates call "debt traps."
- The rules would limit the number of payday loans (which can carry interest rates as high as 390%) a consumer can take out, change how lenders collect payments and require them to do a more thorough review of borrowers' finances.
- Related tickers: EZPW, CSH, FCFS, QCCO
Wed, May 11, 10:39 AM
- Google has previously prohibited ads for illegal activities like selling guns, explosives, and drugs, but to this point it has never banned a broad category of financial products.
- Beginning July 13, consumers will still be able to find payday lenders on a Google search, but ads appearing on the top and right-hand side of results will not show marketing from the industry.
- "We’ll continue to review the effectiveness of this policy, but our hope is that fewer people will be exposed to misleading or harmful products," says Google global product policy director David Graff.
- Payday lenders already have a big regulatory target on their back, but this action from Google (combined with Facebook which already bans the ads) could have more impact.
- Of interest to: EZCORP (NASDAQ:EZPW), Cash America (NYSE:CSH), First Cash Financial (NASDAQ:FCFS), QC Holdings (NASDAQ:QCCO).
Thu, Apr. 28, 8:59 AM
- First Cash Financial Services (NASDAQ:FCFS) and Cash America International (NYSE:CSH) will combine in a merger of equals.
- About $50M in annual run-rate synergies are expected, and the combined company should be able to pay an annual dividend of $0.76 per share.
- The new company will be named FirstCash, and will have more than 2K locations across the U.S. and Latin America.
- Terms: Cash America shareholders will receive 0.84 First Cash shares for each Cash America share they own, and own 42% of the combined company.
- CHS +3.2% premarket
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:22 AM
- First Cash Financial Services (NASDAQ:FCFS): Q1 EPS of $0.48 beats by $0.04.
- Revenue of $183.2M (+4.1% Y/Y) beats by $1.69M.
Thu, Apr. 28, 6:21 AM
- First Cash Financial Services (NASDAQ:FCFS) declares $0.125/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 1.03%
- Payable June 15; for shareholders of record June 1; ex-div May 27.
Wed, Apr. 27, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABBV, ACOR, ADP, AEP, AET, AIT, ALKS, ALLE, ALXN, AME, APD, ASPS, AUO, AVT, AXTA, BC, BCOR, BG, BLL, BMS, BMY, BOFI, BWA, BWEN, BXLT, BZH, CAB, CAH, CBG, CCE, CELG, CHTR, CIT, CL, CLF, CLFD, CME, CMS, COMM, COP, COR, CRCM, CRI, CRR, CSH, CVI, CVRR, CWT, CY, DBD, DFT, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPZ, EME, EPD, EQM, EQT, F, FCFS, FCN, GEO, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTLS, GWR, HAR, HEES, HHS, HMC, HUN, I, IDA, IDCC, INGR, INSY, INT, IPGP, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITCI, IVC, IVZ, KERX, LANC, LBY, LKQ, LVLT, MA, MD, MDP, MHO, MINI, MITK, MJN, MMC, MO, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTH, NEE, NEWM, NOV, OAK, ODFL, ORI, OSK, PF, PJC, POT, PPL, PRLB, PTEN, QSR, RGS, RTIX, RTN, RUTH, SABR, SCG, SEE, SFE, SIRI, SNAK, SNE, SPB, SPIL, SQNS, TFX, THRM, TMO, TOWR, TPX, TWC, TZOO, UAN, UBSI, UFS, UPS, UTHR, VA, VAC, VC, VIAB, VIVO, WCC, WM, WNS, WST, XRS, YNDX, ZBH
Mon, Feb. 8, 6:15 AM
- First Cash Financial Services (NASDAQ:FCFS) declares $0.125/share quarterly dividend.
- Forward yield 1.41%
- Payable March 15; for shareholders of record March 1; ex-div Feb. 26.
Thu, Jan. 28, 6:03 AM
- First Cash Financial Services (NASDAQ:FCFS): Q4 EPS of $0.69 misses by $0.07.
- Revenue of $191.42M (-5.6% Y/Y) misses by $2.72M.