Wed, Jul. 1, 4:45 PM
Wed, Apr. 8, 8:12 AM
- Family Dollar (NYSE:FDO) reports comparable-store sales rose 0.5% in FQ2 as a higher number of transactions helped to offset a lower average transaction price.
- Sales of consumables were up 4.6% during the quarter, while sales for discretionary products fell off 1%.
- The company's gross profit rate increased 10 bbps to 33.1%.
- Operating profit rate fell 70 bps to 4.5% (partially due to mix).
- Inventory +3.5% to $1.72B.
- Merger update: A closing date by the end of May is anticipated for the Dollar Tree deal.
- Due to the pending merger with Dollar Tree, the company has pulled financial guidance.
- Previously: Family Dollar Stores beats by $0.01, revenue in-line
- FDO -0.2% premarket.
Wed, Apr. 8, 8:02 AM
Tue, Apr. 7, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jan. 8, 7:21 AM
- Family Dollar (NYSE:FDO) reports comparable-store sales fell 0.4% in FQ1 as the retailer shifted to an "everyday" pricing strategy.
- Gross profit rate -90 bps to 33.4% on a higher mix of food and tobacco sales impacted results.
- Operating profit -170 bps to 3.1%.
- SG&A expense rate +80 bps to 30.3%.
- Merchandise inventory +4.1% to $1.71B.
- Capex spending down 8% on fewer store openings.
- FDO -1.0% premarket.
Thu, Jan. 8, 7:03 AM
Wed, Jan. 7, 5:30 PM
Oct. 9, 2014, 4:17 PM
Jul. 10, 2014, 7:19 AM
- Family Dollar (FDO) reports comparable-store sales fell 1.8% in FQ3.
- The company says it saw strong demand in its refrigerated/frozen food and tobacco categories.
- Gross profit rate -40 bps to 34.3%.
- Inventory +2.2% to $912.3M.
- Family Dollar expects Q4 EPS of $0.75-$0.85 vs. $0.78 consensus.
- FDO -0.5% premarket
Jul. 10, 2014, 7:01 AM
Jul. 9, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 10, 2014, 7:03 AM
Apr. 10, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 9, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jan. 9, 2014, 7:42 AM
- Family Dollar (FDO) cites an intense promotional atmosphere as a major factor in why comparable store sales fell during FQ1.
- The company saw sales in its consumables category increase 4.7% during the period as demand for food and tobacco improved. The different mix helped Family Dollar's gross margin rate improve 20 bps to 34.1%.
- Sales for discretionary items such as apparel were weak during the quarter.
- The guidance cuts from the company are steep and harsh: FQ2 EPS of $0.85-$0.95 vs. consensus of $1.21 and FY2014 EPS of $3.25-$3.55 vs. consensus of $3.98.
- FDO -8.1% premarket
Jan. 9, 2014, 7:15 AM
Family Dollar Stores Inc provides consumers with a selection of competitively priced merchandise in convenient neighbourhood stores. Its merchandise assortment includes consumables, home products, apparel accessories, seasonal and electronics.
Other News & PR