FedEx: 25-50% Upside Potential In 12 Months
Elazar Advisors, LLC • 24 Comments
Elazar Advisors, LLC • 24 Comments
Tue, Jun. 21, 4:43 PM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) reports operating margin improved 120 bps to 11.7% in FQ4 as improved yield management and profit initiatives paid off. An extra operating day this year's quarter didn't hurt the bottom line. although one-time costs tied to the acquisition of TNT Express took FedEx to a quarterly loss.
- Express segment: Revenue $6.72B, operating income $757M, adjusted operating margin +240 bps to 11.3%.
- Ground segment: Revenue +20% to $4.29B, operating margin -160 bps to 15.3%.
- Freight segment: Revenue +2% to $1.61B, operating margin -20 bps to 8.5%.
- FedEx sees FY17 EPS of $11.75 to $12.25 vs. $12.05 consensus.
- Previously: FedEx beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (June 21)
- FDX -0.33% AH to $163.66.
Tue, Jun. 21, 4:16 PM
Mon, Jun. 20, 5:35 PM
Wed, Mar. 16, 4:16 PM
Tue, Mar. 15, 5:35 PM
Dec. 16, 2015, 4:28 PM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) reports revenue in the express segment revenue fell 6% to $6.59B in FQ2. Operating margin was 9.0% vs. 7.0% a year ago.
- Ground segment revenue jumped 32% to $4.05B. Operating margin -220 bps to 13.0%. The addition of GENCO factored into results.
- Freight segment revenue decreased 2% to $1.55B. Operating margin -60 bps to 6.5%. Less-than-truckload shipments were up 1%.
- Guidance: FedEx backs prior FY16 EPS guidance of $10.40-$10.90.
- Previously: FedEx beats by $0.06, beats on revenue (Dec. 16 2015)
- FDX +4.84% AH to $156.24.
Dec. 16, 2015, 4:16 PM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX): FQ2 EPS of $2.58 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $12.5B (+4.7% Y/Y) beats by $50M.
- Shares +4.6%.
Dec. 15, 2015, 5:35 PM
Sep. 16, 2015, 7:31 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX): FQ1 EPS of $2.42 misses by $0.04.
- Revenue of $12.3B (+5.3% Y/Y) in-line.
Sep. 15, 2015, 5:30 PM
Jun. 17, 2015, 7:49 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) slips in early trading after FQ4 results fall short of expectations as a shift in mix in some segments impacted average price per package.
- Segment revenue growth: Express -4% to $6.70B, Ground +19% to $3.57B, Freight +1% to $1.57B,
- Adjusted operating margin increased 20 bps to 10.5%, The the inclusion of GENCO impacted results negatively in the ground segment.
- U.S. domestic express volume increased 2%, while international express volume was down 1%.
- Dimensional weight charges contributed to a 2% increase in yield in the ground segment.
- The company says it raised the required retirement age for board members to 75 from 72.
- FedEx expects FY16 EPS of $10.60-$11.10 vs. $10.88 consensus.
- FDX -1.72% premarket to $179.00.
Jun. 17, 2015, 7:30 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX): FQ4 EPS of $2.66 beats by $0.23.
- Revenue of $12.1B (+2.2% Y/Y) misses by $210M.
Jun. 16, 2015, 5:30 PM
Mar. 18, 2015, 7:47 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) reports volume gains in all three of its operating segments during FQ3.
- FedEx Express segment saw revenue of $6.66B (flat Y/Y) and operating income improve 120% to $384M.
- Revenue for the ground segment was up 12% to $3.39M on a 7% rise in average daily volume. Ground operating income improved 14% to $558M.
- Freight segment revenue +6% to $1.43B. Freight operating income soared 94% on a higher average daily shipment rate.
- Company-wide operating margin improved to 8.2% from 5.7% a year ago.
- FedEx says a "significant" benefit from lower fuel costs was realized during the quarter.
- Guidance: FedEx sees FY15 EPS of $8.80-$8.95 vs. $8.97 consensus.
- FDX -0.1% premarket.
Mar. 18, 2015, 7:32 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX): FQ3 EPS of $2.01 beats by $0.14.
- Revenue of $11.7B (+3.5% Y/Y) misses by $90M.
- Shares +2.15% PM.
FedEx Corp. provides a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies competing collectively, operating independently and managed collaboratively, under the FedEx brand. It operates through four segments: FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight and FedEx... More
Industry: Air Delivery & Freight Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR