Wed, Mar. 18, 7:32 AM
Mon, Mar. 16, 12:31 PM
- FedEx (FDX +2.1%), UPS (UPS +1.6%), and Deutsche Post ADRs (OTCPK:DPSGY +1.9%) are all ahead of market averages today with oil prices in decline again.
- Oppenheimer also made some positive comments on pricing in the sector as it backed an Outperform rating on FedEx.
- The price target on FDX from Oppy sits at $200.
- UPS has had a tougher time this year than FDX with shares -10% YTD as operational complexities have kept profit expectations reined in. Across the pond, Deutsche Post is -3.5% YTD.
Fri, Feb. 27, 8:26 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) is upgraded by Credit Suisse to an Outperform rating from Neutral.
- The investment firm increases its price target on the stock to $203.
- A shift in mix of more business for FedEx's U.S. Ground Network will be a boost to margins, reasons CS.
- FDX +1.08% premarket to $176.49.
Fri, Jan. 23, 9:10 AM
Dec. 18, 2014, 11:00 AM
- Goldman Sach makes a giant call on FedEx (FDX +2.1%) following the company's FQ2 earnings miss.
- Shares are taken to a Buy rating and lopped onto the Conviction List maintained at the investment firm.
- FedEx is one of the most compelling names in the transportation sector due to the potential for margin expansion, says GS.
- The impact of e-commerce is seen as a positive long-term factor with the the higher-margin Ground segment set to be a bigger contributor the the mix.
Dec. 17, 2014, 7:42 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) reports a 3% revenue gain in its Express segment during FQ2.
- U.S. package volume was up 7% during the period.
- Revenue in the Ground segment rose 8% to $3.06B, although higher network expansion costs clipped the bottom line.
- The Freight segment saw an 11% increase in revenue to $1.59B and 35% pop in operating income to $112M.
- Company-wide operating margin +120 bps to 8.5% on gains from higher volume.
- Share repurchases made by the company during FQ2 added $0.16 to EPS.
- Guidance: FedEx backs its previous outlook for FY15 EPS of $8.50-$9.00. A "modest" benefit from fuel prices is anticipated.
- FDX -2.7% premarket.
Nov. 28, 2014, 10:11 AM
Sep. 17, 2014, 7:43 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) reports U.S. domestic package volume rose 5% Y/Y during FQ1 in its Express segment.
- Ground segment daily volume was up 6%.
- Operating margin +130 bps to 8.5%, led by a 330 bps jump in Freight segment operating margin.
- Guidance: A prior view for FY15 EPS of $8.50-$9.00 is reaffirmed. Capital spending for the fiscal year of $4.2B is expected.
- FDX +2.0% premarket
Mar. 19, 2014, 8:25 AM
- There's a word of warning out from some retail analysts on FedEx (FDX) after the shipping company reported on its FQ3 results.
- Though the weather impacted the company's costs during the period, stronger growth for ground volume (+8%) as compared to express (flat) shows that an ongoing customer trade-down in services seems to be an underlying factor in the industry.
- If the customer trade-down persists, UPS might feel a profit pinch as well.
- Premarket: FDX -0.6%, UPS -0.3%.
Jan. 17, 2014, 9:15 AM
- The warning from UPS (UPS) this morning is a double-edged sword with Q4 EPS cut due to transitory higher costs from temporary workers, but the outlook for 2014 factoring in more underlying demand factors. UPS stayed within its long-term profit growth targets, but missed analyst expectations.
- Shares of FedEx (FDX) are lower in early trading after the UPS guidance cut.
- Though there's plenty of speculation that the UPS Q4 miss, due in part to a surge in late online orders, could be a signal that Amazon's (AMZN) delivery traffic exceeded expectations - investors aren't betting the house on that premise just yet.
- Premarket: UPS -2.9%, FDX -1.3%, AMZN -0.1%.
Jan. 6, 2014, 9:19 AM
Dec. 18, 2013, 8:31 AM
- FedEx (FDX) regains a good chunk its early loss and trades only 0.1% lower premarket following a profit miss with its FQ2 report.
- A key point from FedEx's quarter was that margins in the Express segment held up well, notes Hedgeye.
- No panic from UPS (UPS) investors over the miss at FedEx, shares trade flat premarket.
Dec. 18, 2013, 7:49 AM
- FedEx (FDX) reports FQ2 results which disappointed on the bottom line, but appeared strong on a year-over-year comparison as it bumped against a comparable quarter from last year which included the impact from Hurricane Sandy on the company's level of activity. A late Thanksgiving could have played a factor in the softer-than-expected results from FDX (h/t Hedgeye).
- Segment revenue: Express fell to $6.84B; Ground +10% to $2.85B.
- Operating margin rose 60 bps Y/Y to 7.3%, but fell short of analyst estimates.
- Revenue per package showed modest gains for both the Express and Ground segment.
- The company lifts its outlook on full-year EPS growth to 8%-14% growth from prior guidance for a 7%-13% lift. (PR)
- FDX -2.2% premarket.
Nov. 12, 2013, 11:42 AM| 1 Comment
Oct. 22, 2013, 10:15 AM
Sep. 19, 2013, 7:49 AM
- Goldman Sachs reduces its rating on FedEx (FDX) to a Neutral rating on its view the global freight industry will see a "choppy" path as the global economy slowly recovers.
- The investment firm echoes the common theme on FedEx that a risk exists that more of its business customers will trade down to cheaper options.
- FDX -0.4% premarket to $116.25 after setting a 52-week high yesterday.
FDX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR