FedEx: 25-50% Upside Potential In 12 Months
Elazar Advisors, LLC • 24 Comments
Elazar Advisors, LLC • 24 Comments
Tue, Jun. 21, 4:43 PM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) reports operating margin improved 120 bps to 11.7% in FQ4 as improved yield management and profit initiatives paid off. An extra operating day this year's quarter didn't hurt the bottom line. although one-time costs tied to the acquisition of TNT Express took FedEx to a quarterly loss.
- Express segment: Revenue $6.72B, operating income $757M, adjusted operating margin +240 bps to 11.3%.
- Ground segment: Revenue +20% to $4.29B, operating margin -160 bps to 15.3%.
- Freight segment: Revenue +2% to $1.61B, operating margin -20 bps to 8.5%.
- FedEx sees FY17 EPS of $11.75 to $12.25 vs. $12.05 consensus.
- Previously: FedEx beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (June 21)
- FDX -0.33% AH to $163.66.
Tue, Jun. 21, 4:16 PM
Wed, May 4, 7:18 AM
- Barclays upgrades FedEx (NYSE:FDX) to an Overweight rating after having the shipper lined up at Equalweight.
- The investment firm lifts its price target by 17% to $205. The updated PT implies 24% upside potential for FedEx shares.
- FDX +0.43% premarket to $165.50
- Now read FedEx Gaining Efficiency, Offers Great Investment Opportunity
Thu, Mar. 17, 9:15 AM| Thu, Mar. 17, 9:15 AM
Wed, Mar. 16, 5:39 PM
Wed, Mar. 16, 4:16 PM
Wed, Mar. 9, 11:38 AM
- Air Transport Services Group (NASDAQ:ATSG) is now up 19% after the company's deal to assist Amazon with an air cargo network was disclosed earlier.
- Though it wasn't a secret that Air Transport was running a air delivery service test for a large client, the Seattle company's interest in an ownership stake in ATSG is a new development.
- FedEX (FDX -1.4%) and UPS (UPS -1.2%) are both lower with the competitive landscape changed.
- Previously: Air Transport Services and Amazon sign air cargo network deal (Mar. 09 2016)
Dec. 28, 2015, 10:14 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) is down 1.4% amid social media criticism over its failure to deliver all of its shipments by Christmas.
- Do traders follow the hashtag #FedExfails on Twitter? Probably not, but it's likely there are concerned with the reports of extra costs taken on by the company to meet as many shipping deadlines as possible.
- There's been some finger-pointing between FedEx and the retail sector over the volume forecasts provided by apparel sellers which are relied on by the shipper.
Dec. 17, 2015, 9:20 AM
Dec. 16, 2015, 5:38 PM
Dec. 16, 2015, 4:28 PM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) reports revenue in the express segment revenue fell 6% to $6.59B in FQ2. Operating margin was 9.0% vs. 7.0% a year ago.
- Ground segment revenue jumped 32% to $4.05B. Operating margin -220 bps to 13.0%. The addition of GENCO factored into results.
- Freight segment revenue decreased 2% to $1.55B. Operating margin -60 bps to 6.5%. Less-than-truckload shipments were up 1%.
- Guidance: FedEx backs prior FY16 EPS guidance of $10.40-$10.90.
- Previously: FedEx beats by $0.06, beats on revenue (Dec. 16 2015)
- FDX +4.84% AH to $156.24.
Dec. 16, 2015, 4:16 PM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX): FQ2 EPS of $2.58 beats by $0.06.
- Revenue of $12.5B (+4.7% Y/Y) beats by $50M.
- Shares +4.6%.
Dec. 2, 2015, 12:17 PM
- Transportation stocks are lower on the day on some broad macroeconomic concerns. Some BAML downgrades in the sector are also weighing on sentiment.
- Trading is notably weak in CXS Corp (CSX -2.3%), American Railcar Industries (ARII -2.6%), Kansas City Southern (KSU -1.9%), YRC Worldwide (YRCW -5.7%), Heartland Express (HTLD -3.7%), Swift Transportation (SWFT -3%), FedEx (FDX -0.9%), UPS (UPS -0.5%), Air Transport Services (ATSG -1.7%), and Matson (MATX -2.5%).
- A notable exception to the sector slide is airline stocks which are showing strength after Delta Air Lines (DAL +2.7%) reported some eye-opening capacity constraint. The major carrier increased passenger revenue per available seat mile sand load factor during November. A 3% decline in crude oil prices is also factoring in to the rally in airline stocks.
- United Continental (UAL +3.2%), Hawaiian Holdings (HA +2.9%), Southwest Airlines (LUV +2.3%), and Republic Airways Holdings (RJET +4.4%) are all solidly higher.
- The Dow Jones Transportation Average is down 0.8% off the conflicting forces of gravity.
- Related ETFs: IYT, XTN, JETS.
Oct. 27, 2015, 3:29 PM
- Railroad and trucking stocks are down today on a mix of news seen as negative for the transportation sector. UPS reported lower package volume in Q3 and durable-goods orders fell in September.
- Decliners include Norfolk Southern (NSC -3.6%), Union Pacific (UNP -5.1%), CSX Corporation (CSX -3.8%), Kansas City Southern (KSU -4.4%), Canadian Pacific(CP -5.4%), Canadian National Railway (CNI -3.9%), Genesee & Wyoming (GWR -5.3%), XPO Logistics (XPO -11.8%), Echo Global Logistics (ECHO -12.6%), C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW -2.8%), Radiant Logistics (RLGT -7.9%), FedEx (FDX -1.4%), Air T (AIRT -5.9%), and Air Transport Services (ATSG -3.2%).
- The iShares Dow Jones Transportation ETF (NYSEARCA:IYT) is down 2.7%.
- Related: Tough day for four wheelers (Oct. 27)
Oct. 21, 2015, 9:57 AM
- FedEx (NYSE:FDX) is up 1.77% after European regulators back off challenging the acquisition of TNT Express by the company.
- The development is seen as positive for the broad shipping sector. UPS (NYSE:UPS) and Deutsch Post (OTCPK:DPSGY) ADRs are also higher in early trading.
- Previously: FedEx scores big win for TNT acquisition (Oct. 21 2015)
Sep. 1, 2015, 8:11 AM
FedEx Corp. provides a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies competing collectively, operating independently and managed collaboratively, under the FedEx brand. It operates through four segments: FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight and FedEx... More
Industry: Air Delivery & Freight Services
Country: United States
Other News & PR