Phoenix New Media LimitedNYSE
Tue, Nov. 8, 5:02 PM
Mon, Nov. 7, 5:35 PM
Fri, Oct. 28, 2:40 PM
- Phoenix New Media (FENG +2.4%) has given a couple of new roles to Tong Chen, naming him co-president and making him president of its Yidian (Particle) unit.
- Yidian runs lifestyle app Yidian Zixun, and Chen will be responsible for all of its content, product operations and public relations. He'll take over content operations management at Phoenix New Media.
- Chen has nearly 20 years of experience in the industry and has most recently served as VP at Xiaomi, in charge of its content investment and operations.
Wed, Aug. 10, 6:59 PM
- Phoenix New Media (FENG -7.6%) has authorized a new $14.8M loan to Particle, which runs news/lifestyle app Yidian Zixun.
- Particle will use the proceeds for marketing and to expand the user base of the fast-growing app. Phoenix has a 45.1% stake in Particle and thus in the success of Yidian.
- Phoenix had authorized loans of up to $20M to Particle in January.
Tue, Aug. 9, 5:05 PM
Mon, Aug. 8, 5:35 PM
- AMBC, APEI, APPS, ARWR, ATHX, AXAS, BW, CALL, CDXS, CHMI, CIVI, CLNE, CRME, CVCO, CYBR, DHT, DIOD, DIS, DPLO, EPIQ, EVRI, FENG, FF, FLTX, FOGO, FOSL, FTEK, GALE, HALO, HCKT, HLIT, HWAY, INFI, INWK, IPAR, JAZZ, KEYW, LITE, LSCC, MCHX, MDVN, MYGN, MYL, NH, NVAX, OMED, OMER, PCTY, PEN, PSIX, PTLA, QNST, RELY, RTK, SCTY, SEDG, SGRY, SPPI, SPWR, TAHO, TCS, TTGT, VRNS, VSAT, WAGE, XON, XONE, YELP, YRD, YUME, ZGNX, ZIOP
Fri, Jul. 22, 10:05 AM
- Phoenix New Media (FENG -1.9%) says its Yidian unit has a strategic deal with smartphone maker Guangdong OPPO.
- Yidian is responsible for Yidian Zixun, a mobile news and lifestyle app. In the deal, OPPO will pre-install the app on its smartphones and engage in revenue sharing tied to the advertising the app generates, as well as ads from Yidian's Newsfeed (embedded in the phone's browser).
- Correspondingly, Yidian will issue Series D preferred shares to an OPPO associate.
Fri, May 27, 12:34 PM
- Phoenix New Media (FENG +3.1%) has set new cooperation agreements with its parent, Phoenix Satellite Television Holdings, after its previous deal expired today.
- Phoenix TV will continue licensing its content and trademarks subject to new terms, including fees of 10M yuan for the first year, increasing by 15% for each subsequent year of agreements.
- The new agreements have a three-year initial term and can be renewed annually after that.
Tue, May 17, 1:29 PM
- Phoenix New Media (NYSE:FENG) is up 2.7% after announcing an agreement to revise annual revenue caps with partner Beijing Phoenix Lilita.
- Phoenix unit Beijin Tianying Jiuzhou Network Technology entered into a framework deal with Lilita in December providing that company advertising services for revenue capped at HK$38M for calendar 2016 and HK$57M for calendar 2017.
- Those caps don't meet Lilita's needs anymore, so the companies are revising them to 49M yuan and 80M yuan respectively.
Mon, May 9, 6:03 PM
- Phoenix New Media (NYSE:FENG): Q1 EPS of RMB0.20 beats by RMB0.10.
- Revenue of RMB322.9M (-11.6% Y/Y) beats by RMB10.99M.
Sun, May 8, 5:35 PM
- AAOI, AMPH, APEI, ARNA, ASEI, BKD, CDXS, CUI, CVG, DCO, DMD, DNB, DPLO, DTSI, ELGX, FENG, FRGI, GLOB, GSBD, HALO, HK, HTZ, IFF, INGN, INVN, INWK, IRWD, IVR, JPEP, JUNO, KEG, KITE, LBTYA, LC, LOPE, LSCC, MBI, MODN, MXL, NLS, NOG, NVGS, NVRO, OAS, OPK, OPWR, PEN, PINC, PLOW, PRAA, PSIX, RARE, RAX, RBC, REN, RVNC, SCTY, SEDG, SEMI, SF, SNHY, SREV, SSNI, STMP, TCX, TMH, TTEC, TTGT, TUBE, VTL, VVC
Thu, Mar. 24, 8:54 PM
- Phoenix New Media (NYSE:FENG) has come to agreements to extend cooperation deals between subsidiaries and parent company Phoenix Satellite Television Holdings Limited.
- Phoenix TV licenses its content, trademarks and domain names to Phoenix New Media for its businesses, and the two are working on new deals to amend and replace those, which are set to expire on Sunday.
- Significant growth means the deals will require more time to finalize, and so the two have extended their existing cooperation deals to May 27.
Tue, Mar. 8, 5:48 PM
- Phoenix New Media (FENG -0.5%) beat profit expectations though revenues dropped again in its Q4 results.
- Service revenues slipped by double digits again, though advertising grew again paced by mobile ads that grew 118%.
- Revenue by segment: Net advertising, 346.2M yuan (up 2.3%); Paid service, 84.6M yuan (down 15%).
- "Though 2015 was a tough year for PC advertising, we are excited about the development of our suite of mobile products, which carry enormous monetization potential down the road," says President Ya Li. "The number of average daily active users of Yidian Zixun had grown four times Y/Y to over 20 million by the end of 2015."
- It's guiding to Q1 revenues of RMB290M-RMB305M (Net advertising of RMB245M-RMB255M; Paid service revenues of RMB45M-RMB50M), well below expectations for 367.9M yuan.
- Conference call to come at 8 p.m. ET.
Tue, Mar. 8, 5:02 PM
- Phoenix New Media (NYSE:FENG): Q4 EPS of RMB0.62 beats by RMB0.18.
- Revenue of RMB430.8M (-1.7% Y/Y) beats by RMB57.15M.
- Shares +1.25% AH.
Mon, Mar. 7, 5:35 PM
Thu, Jan. 28, 12:50 PM
- Phoenix New Media (FENG -1.6%) has authorized some unsecured term loans to Particle Inc., owners of information app Yidian Zixun, of up to $20M.
- The loans are at an interest rate of 4.35% with a 12-month term. Phoenix granted an initial $10M loan today and expects to grant more.
- Last spring, Phoenix New Media wrapped a strategic investment of some $57.6M in Yidian, leaving it with about 46.9% ownership of Particle (on a fully diluted basis).
- At the time of the investment, Yidian ranked fourth among news/info apps in China.
- Previously: Phoenix New Media wraps investment in Chinese app Yidian (Apr. 29 2015)