Dec. 8, 2015, 1:35 PM
- The selloff in financial names is a broad one, but those seen as especially reliant on energy deals and lending are suffering worst as oil and natural gas make new multi-year lows.
- Among the movers: Comerica (CMA -2.9%), Zions (ZION -3.3%), Prosperity (PB -3.3%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -2.6%), MidSouth Bancorp (MSL -1.4%), BOK Financial (BOKF -3.2%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -3.8%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.1%), Iberiabank (IBKC -3%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC -0.5%), Texas Capital (TCBI -4.6%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -2.6%), Interstate BancSystem (FIBK -1.1%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -3.5%).
- Screening the whole group against the KRE finds only Interstate BancSystem as outperforming over the past month.
Dec. 8, 2014, 1:17 PM
- Dallas-based Comerica (CMA -1.3%) is an outlier to the downside among the regional names as oil tumbles another 3.7% to the lowest level since the summer of 2009.
- Other lenders with sizable Texas-operations and exposure to energy credit: MidSouth Bancorp (MSL +0.9%), BOK Financial (BOKF -0.6%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -1.5%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -0.9%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.7%), ViewPoint Financial (VPFG -0.5%), Iberiabank (IBKC +0.1%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC +0.1%), Texas Capital (TCBI -1.3%), Prosperity Bancshares (PB -0.8%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -1%), Hilltop Holdings (HTH -0.7%), First Interstate BancSystem (FIBK +0.4%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -0.8%)
Sep. 19, 2014, 9:11 AM
- The team doubles down on Outperform ratings on Zions Bancorp (NASDAQ:ZION) and Synovus Financial (NYSE:SNV), upgrading both to Strong Buy. ZION is up 1.3% premarket.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBI) gets a two-notch upgrade - from Market Perform to Strong Buy - and First Horizon National (NYSE:FHN) is boosted to Outperform from Market Perform.
- The team partially cashes in its chips on United Community Bank, downgrading to Outperform from Strong Buy. Iberiabank (NASDAQ:IBKC) is cut to Market Perform from Outperform.
- Cut to Underperform from Market Perform is First Financial Bankshares (NASDAQ:FFIN).
Apr. 30, 2014, 10:28 AM
- Bridge Bancorp (BDGE +1.1%) is upgraded to Buy by Guggenheim.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN +0.2%) has its Sell rating pulled at Macquarie.
- MidSouth Bancorp (MSL +1.6%) is upgraded to Outperform by FIG Partners.
- S&T Bancorp (STBA +0.6%) is upgraded to Outperform by KBW after posting Q1 results yesterday.
- Deustche Bank boosts Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI +0.6%) to Buy.
- Sterne Agee upgrades The Bancorp (TBBK +0.5%) to Buy with an $18 PT.
- In other financial sector moves, Main Street (MAIN -0.5%) is upgraded to Outperform by Raymond James with a $34 PT, and Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR +0.6%) has been upgraded to Outperform by KBW.
Apr. 22, 2014, 1:15 PM
- Along with a boost in the dividend to $0.28 per share from $0.26, First Financial Bankshares (FFIN +1.4%) also announces a 2-for-1 stock split in the form of a 100% stock dividend effective to shareholders of record on May 15, with distribution date of June 2. As the cash dividend won't be paid until July 1, it will actually be $0.14 on double the number of shares.
- Earlier, Macquarie pulled its Sell rating on the stock.
First Financial Bankshares, Inc. (Texas) is a bank holding company, which engages in the provision of financial and community banking services. It offers mortgage loans, savings and checking accounts, auto and equity loans, online and mobile banking, investment and trust management, and... More
Industry: Regional - Southwest Banks
Country: United States