Dec. 8, 2015, 1:35 PM
- The selloff in financial names is a broad one, but those seen as especially reliant on energy deals and lending are suffering worst as oil and natural gas make new multi-year lows.
- Among the movers: Comerica (CMA -2.9%), Zions (ZION -3.3%), Prosperity (PB -3.3%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -2.6%), MidSouth Bancorp (MSL -1.4%), BOK Financial (BOKF -3.2%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -3.8%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.1%), Iberiabank (IBKC -3%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC -0.5%), Texas Capital (TCBI -4.6%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -2.6%), Interstate BancSystem (FIBK -1.1%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -3.5%).
- Screening the whole group against the KRE finds only Interstate BancSystem as outperforming over the past month.
Dec. 8, 2014, 1:17 PM
- Dallas-based Comerica (CMA -1.3%) is an outlier to the downside among the regional names as oil tumbles another 3.7% to the lowest level since the summer of 2009.
- Other lenders with sizable Texas-operations and exposure to energy credit: MidSouth Bancorp (MSL +0.9%), BOK Financial (BOKF -0.6%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -1.5%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -0.9%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.7%), ViewPoint Financial (VPFG -0.5%), Iberiabank (IBKC +0.1%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC +0.1%), Texas Capital (TCBI -1.3%), Prosperity Bancshares (PB -0.8%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -1%), Hilltop Holdings (HTH -0.7%), First Interstate BancSystem (FIBK +0.4%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -0.8%)
Sep. 19, 2014, 9:11 AM
- The team doubles down on Outperform ratings on Zions Bancorp (NASDAQ:ZION) and Synovus Financial (NYSE:SNV), upgrading both to Strong Buy. ZION is up 1.3% premarket.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (NASDAQ:TCBI) gets a two-notch upgrade - from Market Perform to Strong Buy - and First Horizon National (NYSE:FHN) is boosted to Outperform from Market Perform.
- The team partially cashes in its chips on United Community Bank, downgrading to Outperform from Strong Buy. Iberiabank (NASDAQ:IBKC) is cut to Market Perform from Outperform.
- Cut to Underperform from Market Perform is First Financial Bankshares (NASDAQ:FFIN).
Apr. 30, 2014, 10:28 AM
- Bridge Bancorp (BDGE +1.1%) is upgraded to Buy by Guggenheim.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN +0.2%) has its Sell rating pulled at Macquarie.
- MidSouth Bancorp (MSL +1.6%) is upgraded to Outperform by FIG Partners.
- S&T Bancorp (STBA +0.6%) is upgraded to Outperform by KBW after posting Q1 results yesterday.
- Deustche Bank boosts Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI +0.6%) to Buy.
- Sterne Agee upgrades The Bancorp (TBBK +0.5%) to Buy with an $18 PT.
- In other financial sector moves, Main Street (MAIN -0.5%) is upgraded to Outperform by Raymond James with a $34 PT, and Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR +0.6%) has been upgraded to Outperform by KBW.
Apr. 22, 2014, 1:15 PM
- Along with a boost in the dividend to $0.28 per share from $0.26, First Financial Bankshares (FFIN +1.4%) also announces a 2-for-1 stock split in the form of a 100% stock dividend effective to shareholders of record on May 15, with distribution date of June 2. As the cash dividend won't be paid until July 1, it will actually be $0.14 on double the number of shares.
- Earlier, Macquarie pulled its Sell rating on the stock.
First Financial Bankshares, Inc. is a bank holding company, which operates through its wholly owned subsidiaries, which includes eleven banks, a trust company, a technology operating company and an insurance agency, all organized and located in Texas. It provides general commercial banking... More
Industry: Regional - Southwest Banks
Country: United States
Other News & PR