Dec. 8, 2015, 1:35 PM
- The selloff in financial names is a broad one, but those seen as especially reliant on energy deals and lending are suffering worst as oil and natural gas make new multi-year lows.
- Among the movers: Comerica (CMA -2.9%), Zions (ZION -3.3%), Prosperity (PB -3.3%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -2.6%), MidSouth Bancorp (MSL -1.4%), BOK Financial (BOKF -3.2%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -3.8%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.1%), Iberiabank (IBKC -3%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC -0.5%), Texas Capital (TCBI -4.6%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -2.6%), Interstate BancSystem (FIBK -1.1%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -3.5%).
- Screening the whole group against the KRE finds only Interstate BancSystem as outperforming over the past month.
Apr. 29, 2015, 9:55 AM
- Following an earnings miss earlier this week, First Interstate Bancsystem (FIBK -1.9%) is downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Wells Fargo.
- Previously: First Banchares misses by $0.02, misses on revenue (April 27)
Dec. 8, 2014, 1:17 PM
- Dallas-based Comerica (CMA -1.3%) is an outlier to the downside among the regional names as oil tumbles another 3.7% to the lowest level since the summer of 2009.
- Other lenders with sizable Texas-operations and exposure to energy credit: MidSouth Bancorp (MSL +0.9%), BOK Financial (BOKF -0.6%), Cullen/Frost (CFR -1.5%), Hancock Holding (HBHC -0.9%), Green Bancorp (GNBC -0.7%), ViewPoint Financial (VPFG -0.5%), Iberiabank (IBKC +0.1%), National Bank Holdings (NBHC +0.1%), Texas Capital (TCBI -1.3%), Prosperity Bancshares (PB -0.8%), Independent Bank Group (IBTX -1%), Hilltop Holdings (HTH -0.7%), First Interstate BancSystem (FIBK +0.4%), First Financial Bankshares (FFIN -0.8%)
Apr. 9, 2014, 12:05 PM
Mar. 24, 2014, 2:54 PM
- Noting Bank of America's (BAC -0.9%) capital ratio in the Fed stress test was the lowest of any bank which passed, Atlantic Equities pulls its Overweight rating on the stock, and cuts the price target to $18.50 from $20. The stress test, says analyst Richard Staite, shows BofA with a $13B buffer over the minimum requirement, meaning maybe just $5B in buybacks and $2.5B dividends this year, "although we are somewhat nervous that it or another bank could be failed on a qualitative basis."
- Still, Staite expects a boost in the quarterly payout to $0.06 per share from a penny.
- Staite and team upgrade U.S. Bancorp (USB +0.7%) and Wells Fargo (WFC -0.4%) to Neutral from Underweight, citing the large margins by which they passed the stress test.
- In other financial sector moves, Sterne Agee boosts First Interstate BancSystem (FIBK +6%) to a Buy, citing the benefits of its impending merger with Mountain West Financial. The team also lifts EverBank Financial (EVER +2.4%) to a Buy from Neutral.
First Interstate BancSystem, Inc. (Montana) is a holding company, which engages in the provision of banking products and services through the First Interstate Bank. It also offers internet and mobile banking services. The company was founded by Homer Scott Sr. in 1971 and is headquartered in... More
Industry: Regional - Pacific Banks
Country: United States