Thu, Mar. 10, 6:09 PM
- Reuters reports Fidelity National Information Services (NYSE:FIS) is looking to sell its recently-acquired Sungard Data unit's public sector/education market ops, and hoping to fetch more than $1B.
- FIS bought SunGard last year for $9.1B in cash and stock. The sale effort is said to highlight FIS' "desire to focus on areas of core competence, such as retail and enterprise banking, payments, capital markets, wealth management and insurance." Both P-E firms and industry peers are viewed as potential buyers.
Aug. 12, 2015, 7:37 AM
- Fidelity National Information Services (NYSE:FIS) agrees to acquire financial software maker SunGard Data Systems for $9.1B in cash and stock, including debt.
- FIS says the combined company will have more than $9.2B in annual revenue and more than 55K employees.
- SunGard had filed with U.S. regulators last month for an IPO.
Jan. 31, 2013, 10:33 AM
Fidelity National Information Services (FIS) purchases the remaining 78% stake it did not have in mFoundry for about $120M in cash. Backed by big banking and payments players, mFoundry provides mobile payments and banking services to BofA, PNC, and Zions Bancorp, among others. (PR)| Jan. 31, 2013, 10:33 AM
Jun. 25, 2012, 9:37 AM
Aug. 4, 2011, 3:57 AM
Fidelity National (FIS) is no longer in talks to buy Misys Plc (MUSJF.PK), a provider of software for the financial industry. Misys had been hoping the resolution of the U.S. debt crisis would allow FIS to obtain financing for a higher offer, and withdrew from talks when the offer didn't materialize. Misys -16.2% in London.| Aug. 4, 2011, 3:57 AM