Thu, May 14, 2:08 PM
Wed, Apr. 1, 8:38 AM
- Discounters could face some increased pricing competition from Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) after the retail giant ratcheted up pressure on suppliers to reduce prices.
- The news from Bentonville might also create some headaches for large consumer products sellers such as Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) and Kimberly-Clark (NYSE:KMB) which have struggled with pushing back against Wal-Mart's formidable leverage.
- On margin watch: Dollar Tree (NASDAQ:DLTR), Family Dollar (NYSE:FDO), Dollar General (NYSE:DG), Fred's (NASDAQ:FRED), Big Lots (NYSE:BIG), Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE).
- Previously: Wal-Mart steps up pressure on suppliers to slash prices
Thu, Mar. 26, 9:13 AM
Thu, Mar. 26, 8:53 AM
- Shares of Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) soar after the company increases its profit and promises more store openings.
- The company says it will add 70 stores this year off an existing base of 366 at the end of January.
- Q4 comps at Five Below compared favorably to peers, while operating income rose 31% Y/Y.
- Previously: Five Below +2.8% after topping Q4 expectations (Mar. 25 2015)
- FIVE +8.2% premarket to $34.87.
Wed, Mar. 25, 5:38 PM
Wed, Mar. 25, 4:15 PM
- Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) reports comparable-store sales increased 3.2% in Q4.
- Store count +20% Y/Y to 366.
- Guidance: The company expects Q1 revenue of $150M-$152M vs. $154.2M consensus. Comps seen rising 1% to 2% during the period.
- FIVE +2.82% after hours.
- Previously: Five Below beats by $0.01, beats on revenue
Wed, Mar. 25, 4:03 PM
Tue, Mar. 24, 5:35 PM
Tue, Mar. 24, 11:59 AM| Tue, Mar. 24, 11:59 AM | 3 Comments
Thu, Mar. 12, 9:47 AM
- Shares of Dollar Tree (DLTR +1.6%), Target (TGT +1.1%), Wal-Mart (WMT +1.1%), Fred's (FRED +1.1%), and Five Below (FIVE +1.6%) are picking up steam after Dollar General's (DG +2.7%) quarterly reports shows some broad strength across categories.
- Despite the headline miss on U.S. retail sales earlier, the S&P Retail (NYSEARCA:XRT) is up 1.12% to outpace the S&P 500.
- Analysts think lower-income consumer spending is gaining momentum based on the most recent reads from discounters such as Dollar General.
- Previously: New buybacks and store growth on tap for Dollar General
Wed, Mar. 11, 6:58 AM
- MKM Partners upgrades Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) to a Buy rating from Neutral.
- The investment firm sets a price target of $35 on the retailer to rep upside potential of almost 25%.
- Shares of Five Below are down 30% YTD after failing to recover from the company's soft read on holiday sales.
- The company announces full Q4 earnings on March 25.
Wed, Feb. 25, 6:55 AM| Wed, Feb. 25, 6:55 AM | 3 Comments
Thu, Feb. 19, 10:55 AM
- Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) trades lower after Wal-Mart reports earnings and announces a new wage structure in the U.S.
- A scan of Glassdoor.com indicates Five Below sales associates average $7.95 and cashiers $7.88 vs. the federal minimum of $7.25.
- Shares of the retailer are down 0.70% on the day and stand -20.62% YTD.
Fri, Feb. 13, 1:51 PM
- The Northeast part of the U.S. is bracing for another major winter storm .
- Parts of New England have seen a record amount of snowfall over the last month.
- Retailers with a high concentration of stores in the storm-impacted area include Dunkin' Brands (DNKN -0.8%), Rite Aid (RAD +2.8%), and Five Below (FIVE -0.9%).
Fri, Jan. 9, 12:47 PM
Fri, Jan. 9, 9:10 AM
Five Below Inc is a specialty retailer offering merchandise for teen and pre-teen customers. Its merchandise includes everything from sporting goods, games, fashion accessories and jewelry, to hobbies and collectibles, bath and body and among others.
Other News & PR