What's your position on ?
Why are you ish?
You voted ish on Vote again
Posts appear on the My Feed page of subscribers to this ticker
Sep. 2, 2015, 4:04 PM
- Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE): FQ2 EPS of $0.13 in-line.
- Revenue of $182.2M (+19.5% Y/Y) misses by $2.49M.
Sep. 1, 2015, 5:35 PM
Aug. 24, 2015, 10:57 AM
- Discounters Big Lots (BIG +0.9%) and Five Below (FIVE) are retail out-performers as some traders bet on a consumer trade-down in the sector.
- Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF +4.4%) is higher after Piper Jaffray upgrades the apparel chain to Overweight, while Childrens Place (PLCE +1.5%) is riding a bullish initiation from Wolfe Research higher.
- Retail giants Target (TGT -2.1%) and Wal-Mart (WMT -1.9%) are mildly out-performing the S&P 500.
Jun. 23, 2015, 5:34 PM
Jun. 23, 2015, 8:02 AM
Jun. 4, 2015, 10:26 AM
- A healthy round of reports from retail chains and more firming up of the labor market has the retail sector ahead of market averages
- Outperformers include Buckle (BKE +3.4%), Five Below (FIVE +7.3%), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF +1.8%), L Brands (LB +1.8%), American Eagle Outfitters (AEO +2.2%), Citi Trends (CTRN +2.1%), Express (EXPR +1.4%), Urban Outfitters (URBN +1.6%), Wayfair (W +1.3%), and TravelCenters of America (TA +0.9%).
- The S&P Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) is also positive on the day with most broad market averages in the red.
Jun. 4, 2015, 9:14 AM
Jun. 3, 2015, 4:08 PM| Jun. 3, 2015, 4:08 PM
Jun. 3, 2015, 4:02 PM
- Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE): FQ1 EPS of $0.08 beats by $0.01.
- Revenue of $153.7M (+22.0% Y/Y) beats by $2.38M.
Jun. 2, 2015, 5:35 PM
May 14, 2015, 2:08 PM
- Five Below (FIVE +1.6%) plans to open 70 stores this year.
- The company opened 64 outlets in 2014.
- Later this month, Five Below will open three stores in the Kansas City market.
- The entry into Kansas will mark the 24th state where Five Below has a physical store.
Apr. 1, 2015, 8:38 AM
- Discounters could face some increased pricing competition from Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) after the retail giant ratcheted up pressure on suppliers to reduce prices.
- The news from Bentonville might also create some headaches for large consumer products sellers such as Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) and Kimberly-Clark (NYSE:KMB) which have struggled with pushing back against Wal-Mart's formidable leverage.
- On margin watch: Dollar Tree (NASDAQ:DLTR), Family Dollar (NYSE:FDO), Dollar General (NYSE:DG), Fred's (NASDAQ:FRED), Big Lots (NYSE:BIG), Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE).
- Previously: Wal-Mart steps up pressure on suppliers to slash prices
Mar. 26, 2015, 9:13 AM
Mar. 26, 2015, 8:53 AM
- Shares of Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) soar after the company increases its profit and promises more store openings.
- The company says it will add 70 stores this year off an existing base of 366 at the end of January.
- Q4 comps at Five Below compared favorably to peers, while operating income rose 31% Y/Y.
- Previously: Five Below +2.8% after topping Q4 expectations (Mar. 25 2015)
- FIVE +8.2% premarket to $34.87.
Mar. 25, 2015, 5:38 PM
Mar. 25, 2015, 4:15 PM
- Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) reports comparable-store sales increased 3.2% in Q4.
- Store count +20% Y/Y to 366.
- Guidance: The company expects Q1 revenue of $150M-$152M vs. $154.2M consensus. Comps seen rising 1% to 2% during the period.
- FIVE +2.82% after hours.
- Previously: Five Below beats by $0.01, beats on revenue
Five Below Inc is a specialty retailer offering merchandise for teen and pre-teen customers. Its merchandise includes everything from sporting goods, games, fashion accessories and jewelry, to hobbies and collectibles, bath and body and among others.
Other News & PR