Thu, Sep. 10, 2:21 PM
Fri, Jul. 17, 9:39 AM
Tue, Jun. 9, 10:43 PM
- San Francisco is one step closer to becoming the first U.S. city to require warning labels on sugary drinks after government officials approved a new measure.
- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors and Mayor still have to sign off on the anti-soda ordinances.
- Some juice products, flavored milk products, and sports drinks will be included in the targeted beverage category if they contain a certain threshold of added sugar.
- Health advocates say they will make a second run at passing a sugar tax in San Francisco. They are also aiming for a broader push beyond California on consumer sugar warnings.
- The beverage industry has reacted to uneven demand in the U.S. for soda drinks in part with product innovation (craft, cane sugar, energy, protein) aimed at millennials.
- Related stocks: KO, PEP, DPS, COT, MNST, OTCQB:JSDA, REED, FIZZ, HSY, DF,
Thu, Mar. 12, 11:10 AM
Sat, Feb. 14, 10:13 AM
- Craft soda is starting to become a trend to watch closely, according to industry insiders.
- Though still accounting for only ~1% of the total U.S. soda market, major retail chains have increasingly been willing to bet on local craft brands in store aisles.
- The craft craze is old news for the beer industry where coming-of-age millennials buy craft/local beers at a 50% higher rate than brand-loyal older generations. Fading stars such as Budweiser and Bud Light are testament to the impact of the millennial paradigm.
- The craft influence in coffee hasn't been lost on Starbucks which has strategically deployed trucks on college campuses in an effort to win over students.
- Despite the progressive reputation of Starbucks, analysts think new upstarts such as Craft (subscription) and Cups (app) have a shot of gaining influence with the Indie-minded millennial crowd on "customization" and pricing.
- What to watch: An increase in M&A activity in the beverage sector is expected as major companies strategically pick off more local craft brands to incubate.
- Craft beer watch: BUD, OTCPK:SBMRY, TAP, OTCQX:HEINY, SAM, BREW, STZ, OTC:BIBLF, OTCPK:BRBMF.
- Craft coffee watch: GMCR, SBUX, JVA, SJM, KRFT, DNKN, QSR, MCD.
- Craft soda watch: PEP, KO, MNST, COT, DPS, OTCQB:JSDA, REED, SODA, FIZZ.
Sep. 10, 2014, 4:52 PM
Sep. 6, 2013, 8:17 AM
- National Beverage (FIZZ) reported FQ1 results Thursday and everyone owes it to themselves to read the PR which carries the headline "National Beverage Reports Less Than Typical Results."
- FIZZ says revenues and net income fell 6% and 16% respectively for the period, while EPS came in at $0.26, but it's CEO Nick Caporella's commentary that steals the show.
- "The consumer revolted in anger to yo-yo pricing," Caporella proclaims, explaining what he says was a rough summer for cola makers, before making it clear that he nevertheless isn't making any excuses: "Should we have the most credible reason for these results (and we could have), would it make a difference? There can be no allowable regrets in business or fumbles on the field."
- Ultimately, the future looks bright from management's perspective, given that "good soft drinks are to the human race what sunshine is to a picnic!"
Dec. 20, 2012, 4:32 PM
Dec. 6, 2012, 5:08 PM
Dec. 5, 2012, 12:45 PM
Nov. 23, 2012, 12:45 PM
Nov. 23, 2012, 10:16 AMNational Beverage (FIZZ +7.3%) announces it will pay a special cash dividend of between $1.50 to $3.00 per share. The company says it will finalize the per share amount no later than November 30 and will make sure the dividend hits in 2012 before a potential rise in tax rates. | Nov. 23, 2012, 10:16 AM | Comment!
Aug. 10, 2012, 8:00 AMShares of Monster Beverage (MNST) slip a bit more, now down 5.9% premarket, after the company discloses that an unnamed state AG is investigating its marketing practices. UBS is out with a warning that other energy drink manufacturers were named a related subpoena. On watch: COT, PEP, FIZZ. | Aug. 10, 2012, 8:00 AM | 4 Comments
Jul. 17, 2008, 2:48 AM
National Beverage Corp is engaged in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of flavored beverage products. Its products are distributed in USA, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Latin America, the Pacific Rim, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
Other News & PR