Flamel Technologies: An Interesting Long-Term Investment
Mon, Feb. 8, 4:36 PM
- Flamel Technologies (NASDAQ:FLML) acquires Charlotte, NC-based FSC Holdings, LLC, a specialty pharmaceutical firm focused on serving pediatric patients. It markets three products: three drugs for the treatment of infection, allergy and gastroesophageal disease and and medical device for the administration of aerosolized medication using pressurized Metered Dose Inhalers for the treatment of asthma.
- Flamel increases its 2016 revenue guidance to $110M - 130M, inclusive of FSC's $10M - 15M.
- Under the terms of the deal, Flamel will pay $20.25M over five years to former FSC owner Deerfield CSF, LLC, specifically, $1.05M per year for five years and a final payment of $15.0M in January 2021. In addition, it will pay Deerfield a 15% royalty per year on net sales of current FSC products, up to $12.5M for a period not to exceed 10 years.
- Flamel will host a conference call at 5:30 pm ET to discuss the transaction.
Nov. 28, 2014, 9:49 AM
- Lyon, France-based Flamel Technologies (FLML +0.6%) sells its Pessac, France-located manufacturing and development facility to Swedish CDMO (contract development and manufacturing organization) Recipharm for €10.6M as part of a five-year service agreement. Flamel retains access to the capabilities of Pessac as well as other Recipharm facilities for its production and development activities. The sale includes the royalty contract for Coreg CR with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK +0.3%).
- Flamel and Recipharm agree to negotiate an agreement with the objective of incorporating the former's drug delivery technology into the latter's contract development business.
- In a separate transaction, Recipharm will make a €10.5M investment in Flamel's common stock.
Mar. 15, 2012, 9:29 AM
Flamel Technologies SA engages in the research, development, and commercialization of pharmaceutical products. Its portfolio includes Bloxiverz, Vazculep, Micropump, LiquiTime, Trigger Lock, and Medusa. The company was founded by GÃ©rard Soula in August 1990 and is headquartered in VÃ©nissieux,... More
Industry: Drug Delivery & Accessories
Other News & PR