Fri, Nov. 20, 9:53 AM
Thu, Nov. 12, 5:44 PM
Thu, Nov. 12, 8:28 AM
- Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) increases revenue guidance to $3.81B to $3.84B vs. $3.80B consensus. EPS $0.96 to $0.98 vs. $1.00 consensus is seen after factoring in Q3 results.
- During the earnings call, management noted that acquisitions of organic brands will be a sales driver.
- Earnings call webcast
- Previously: Flowers Foods EPS in-line, beats on revenue (Nov. 11 2015)
Wed, Nov. 11, 5:40 PM
Wed, Nov. 11, 5:01 PM
Tue, Nov. 10, 5:35 PM
Tue, Oct. 13, 5:19 PM
- Flowers Foods (FLO +0.5%) has wrapped its acquisition of organic breadmaker Alpine Valley Bread Co., for $120M in cash and stock.
- Alpine Valley will operate as an independent subsidiary.
- The company has a "great team, delicious products, and a proven warehouse distribution platform in place to support the strong growth of their organic brands," says Flowers CEO Allen Shiver.
- Flowers also wrapped a $275M deal for Dave's Killer Bread, another organic breadmaker, in September.
- Previously: Flowers Foods finishes organic bread acquisition (Sep. 14 2015)
Tue, Sep. 29, 4:00 PM
- The food sector has been upturned by a DealReporter story indicating that a deal might not be worked out for the private label business of ConAgra. A number of food stocks have a M&A premium built into their share price which has added to volatility over the last few months.
- Post Holdings (POST -10%), Pinnacle Foods (PF -5.2%), Treehouse Foods (THS -2.7%), B&G Foods (BGS -2.1%), Diamond Foods (DMND -2%), and Flower Foods (FLO -2.4%) are all lower on the day.
Mon, Sep. 14, 7:29 AM
Wed, Sep. 9, 7:46 AM| Wed, Sep. 9, 7:46 AM | Comment!
Tue, Aug. 18, 10:01 AM
Thu, Aug. 13, 10:06 AM
- Flower Foods (FLO +4.5%) trades higher after Q2 results came in stronger than expected.
- The company grew EBITDA by 16% during the quarter off of 2% sales growth.
- Higher volume of branded retail bread sales boosted results in Flower's DSD segment.
- Flower Foods set FY15 EPS guidance at $0.96-$1.01 vs. $0.97 consensus.
- Previously: Flowers Foods beats by $0.03, beats on revenue (Aug. 12 2015)
Wed, Aug. 12, 5:16 PM
Tue, Aug. 11, 5:35 PM
Tue, Jul. 7, 9:08 AM
- Hostess Brands, the bakery firm that was pursuing a sale after two years under private-equity ownership, has taken itself off that market and will pursue an IPO instead, Reuters reports.
- The company reportedly turned down offers from other companies and P-E firms that valued it from $2.4B-$2.5B including debt. It'll now seek a new loan to pay a dividend to its owners, Dean Metropoulos and Apollo Global Management (NYSE:APO).
- Hostess has turned its business around quickly after filing for bankruptcy three years ago, but its market share is still below pre-bankruptcy levels.
- Brands have been relaunched and profitability has improved since being bought out of bankruptcy.
- Snack rivals: MDLZ, HSY, FLO, OTCPK:GRBMF.
Fri, Jun. 5, 9:52 AM
Flowers Foods Inc is a producer and marketer of packaged bakery foods. It consists of two business segments direct-store-delivery and warehouse delivery. Its brands include Nature's Own, Whitewheat, Wonder Bread,Cobblestone Bread Co., among others.
Other News & PR