Flowers Foods, Inc.NYSE
Does Flowers Foods Have Further To Fall?
Alpha Gen Capital
Alpha Gen Capital
Fri, Aug. 19, 9:48 AM
Thu, Aug. 11, 12:01 PM
Wed, Aug. 10, 5:11 PM
Wed, Aug. 10, 12:04 PM
Wed, Aug. 10, 9:49 AM
Wed, Aug. 10, 9:17 AM
Tue, Aug. 9, 5:35 PM
Mon, Jul. 11, 2:12 PM
- A bill requiring food companies to label GMO ingredients was approved by the U.S. Senate by a 63 to 30 vote and now heads to the House of Representatives.
- The negotiated bill requires food companies to label genetically modified food by a phrase, symbol on the package, or a bar code that can be scanned by smartphones.
- The Department of agriculture still has two years to write the precise labeling rules if the House approves the bill.
- The passage of the bill is seen as a positive for the food sector as the alternative of having to adhere to state-by-state rules could create operational chaos for national sellers.
- Food stocks: SENEA, SENEB, THS, OTCPK:NCRA, CPB, MDLZ, GIS, OTCPK:NSRGY, FLO, CAG, DF, SJM,DF, ANFI, JJSF, WWAV, UL, OTCQX:DANOY, OTCPK:PLATF, POST, K, PEP, DMND, PF, HAIN, KO, BETR, KHC, WILC, PPC, PF, LWAY, HRL, TSN, DTEA, SAFM, BRID.
Thu, May 26, 9:07 AM
Wed, May 18, 6:53 PM
- Flowers Foods (NYSE:FLO) has fallen 7.2% after hours, quoting at its lowest point in more than two months, following a miss in Q1 earnings.
- The bakery giant did guide in line for the fiscal year, though, and it boosted its quarterly dividend 9.4%, to $0.145/share. Acquisitions -- of Dave's Killer Bread and Alpine Valley Bread -- contributed 5.3% to the sales gain.
- Revenue breakout: Direct Store Delivery segment, $999M (up 3.4%); Warehouse segment, $205.3M (up 14.2%).
- In DSD, branded retail was up 5.1%, while store branded retail fell 0.1% and non-retail grew 0.9%. Among warehouse sales, branded retail rose 47%, store branded retail gained 8.4%, and non-retail and other grew 3.7%.
- It updated full-year guidance considering its $120M accelerated stock repurchase: Flowers now sees sales of $3.986B-$4.08B (growth of 5.5-8%) and EPS of $1.00-$1.06 (including about $0.02 of accretion from ASR, growth of 8.7-15.2%), both in line with expectations.
- Conference call to come tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. ET.
- Press Release
Wed, May 18, 5:11 PM
Tue, May 17, 5:35 PM
Fri, Feb. 19, 9:50 AM
- Flowers Foods (NYSE:FLO) declares $0.145/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.
- Forward yield 3.56%
- Payable March 18; for shareholders of record March 4; ex-div March 2.
Tue, Feb. 16, 8:25 AM
Thu, Feb. 11, 12:49 PM
Thu, Feb. 11, 10:01 AM
- Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) crumbles after Q4 earnings and guidance falls short.
- The view on FY16 revenue was set at $3.99B to $4.08B vs. $4.07B consensus.
- The company was downgraded earlier today by Stephens to Equal Weight from Overweight.
- Flower Foods is down 23.45% to $16.02.
- Previously: Flowers Foods misses by $0.05, misses on revenue (Feb. 10 2016)