Tue, Jun. 28, 3:07 PM
- Fidelity announces management fee cuts no 27 index-tracking mutual funds and ETF, set to take effect on July 1.
- The fees on the fund giant's 11 sector ETFs will drop to 0.084% from 0.12%, undercutting the sector ETF charges on Vanguard's lineup (currently 0.1%).
- Those ETFs with cuts: Fidelity MSCI Consumer Discretionary Index ETF (NYSEARCA:FDIS), Fidelity MSCI Consumer Staples Index ETF (NYSEARCA:FSTA), Fidelity MSCI Energy Index ETF (NYSEARCA:FENY), Fidelity MSCI Financials Index ETF (NYSEARCA:FNCL), Fidelity MSCI Health Care Index ETF (NYSEARCA:FHLC), Fidelity MSCI Industrials Index ETF (NYSEARCA:FIDU), Fidelity MSCI Information Technology Index ETF (NYSEARCA:FTEC), Fidelity MSCI Materials Index ETF (NYSEARCA:FMAT), Fidelity MSCI Telecommunications Index ETF (NYSEARCA:FCOM), Fidelity MSCI Utilities Index ETF (NYSEARCA:FUTY), Fidelity MSCI Real Estate Index ETF (NYSEARCA:FREL)
Jan. 14, 2015, 7:57 AM
- Mining stocks look headed for sizable losses, as copper prices sink to five-and-a-half year lows and the World Bank lowers its forecast for global economic growth.
- Glencore (OTCPK:GLCNF, OTCPK:GLNCY) -11.5% in London trading, Antofagasta (OTC:ANFGF) -7% in London, Anglo American (OTCPK:AAUKF, OTCPK:AAUKY) -9.5% in London, Vedanta (OTCPK:VDNRF) -18% in London, Rio Tinto (NYSE:RIO) -4.3% premarket in the U.S., VALE -2.9%, FCX -5.1%, CLF -2.6%.
- BHP Billiton (NYSE:BHP) -7.5% in London and -5.5% U.S. premarket after S&P Capital IQ downgraded shares to Hold from Buy, expecting "weaker commodity prices to increasingly impact on group profits as hedges expire and see currency headwinds from a stronger [U.S. dollar]."
- ETFs: XLB, XME, SLX, COPX, VAW, UYM, CU, IYM, HAP, IRV, MXI, SMN, GNR, GUNR, PICK, MATL, FXZ, PYZ, CRBQ, RTM, CCXE, FMAT, GRES, SBM
Apr. 4, 2014, 1:12 PM
- The selloff accelerates, with the Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) and Russell 2000 (IWM) each now lower by 2.3%. Little-changed earlier, selling comes to the S&P 500 (SPY -0.7%) and DJIA (DIA -0.4%).
- What's working? Emerging markets for one. Another area of green is the utility sector (XLU +0.9%). Healthcare (XLV -0.8%) would usually get a bid on these days, but it's being dragged down by the continuing liquidation of the biotechs. There are also some pockets of green in basic materials (XLB -0.7%).
- Utility ETFs: XLU, IDU, VPU, NLR, GRID, JXI, NUCL, DBU, IPU, RYU, UPW, PUI, FUTY, FXU, SDP, PSCU, AXUT, UTLT
- Healthcare ETFs: IYH, XLV, VHT, PJP, XPH, CURE, FXH, IHE, RXL, IRY, IXJ, PPH, IHI, IHF, FHLC, XHS, PSCH, RYH, XHE, PTH, DRGS, AXHE, RXD
- Basic Materials ETFs: XLB, VAW, UYM, IYM, IGE, SMN, MATL, FXZ, PYZ, FMAT, RTM, SBM, PSCM
Nov. 15, 2013, 12:52 PM
- The basic materials sector has badly lagged the broader market YTD, and Miller Tabak's Jonathan Krinsky surmises investor rotation into the group is likely if the overall market rally is set to continue.
- Krinsky's charts tell him the sector has been making higher lows since the 2009 bottom, but unlike the broad market and many other sectors, it has yet to clear its 2007-08 highs, giving the look of an ascending triangle - and the presumption of an upside resolution.
- ETFs: XLB, XME, JUNR, PICK, MSXX, FMAT.
Oct. 22, 2013, 1:25 PM
- The mutual fund giant greatly boosts its ETF presence, rolling out 10 sector ETFs on Thursday, with BlackRock (BLK) - whose iShares has its own suite of sector ETFs - as the funds' sub-advisor. State Street (STT), though, is better-known for its sector offerings. Launching on Thursday - and popular existing State Street SPDR ETFs they'll be competing with:
- Fidelity MSCI Consumer Staples Index ETF (FSTA) - XLP.
- Fidelity MSCI Consumer Discretionary Index ETF (FDIS) - XLY.
- Fidelity MSCI Energy Index ETF (FENY) - XLE.
- Fidelity MSCI Financials Index ETF (FNCL) - XLF.
- Fidelity MSCI Health Care Index ETF (FHLC) - XLV.
- Fidelity MSCI Industrials Index ETF (FIDU) - XLI.
- Fidelity MSCI Information Technology Index ETF (FTEC) - XLK.
- Fidelity MSCI Materials Index ETF (FMAT) - XLB.
- Fidelity MSCI Telecommunications Services Index ETF (FCOM) - XTL.
- Fidelity MSCI Utilities Index ETF (FUTY) - XLU.
The investment seeks to provide investment returns that correspond, before fees and expenses, generally to the performance of the MSCI USA IMI Materials Index. Investing at least 80% of assets in securities included in the fund's underlying index. The fund's underlying index is the MSCI USA IMI Materials Index, which represents the performance of the materials sector in the U.S. equity market. It may or may not hold all of the securities in the MSCI USA IMI Materials Index. The fund is non-diversified.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Sector: Basic Materials
Country: United States