There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Thu, Sep. 25, 12:45 PM
Wed, Sep. 10, 4:22 PM
Thu, Jul. 3, 11:10 AM
Tue, May. 6, 6:38 PM
Mon, Feb. 10, 7:08 AM
- The First Marblehead Corporation (FMD): FQ2 EPS of $-0.68 beats by $0.07.
- Revenue of $12.2M (+8.8% Y/Y) misses by $0.85M.
Aug. 19, 2013, 12:45 PM| 2 Comments
Aug. 16, 2013, 12:45 PM
Aug. 16, 2013, 9:11 AM
Aug. 15, 2013, 6:56 PM
- First Marblehead (FMD) FQ4 loss comes in greater than anticipated.
- Revenues were $7.7M, lower than revenues of $8.9M in the prior year period.
- The company also commented on the IRS audit currently underway, saying that it expects to receive Notice of Proposed Adjustment that would seek to disallow the loss that generated tax refunds previously received as well as require the company to include in its tax returns any taxable income of the Trust Residuals from the March 31, 2009 sale date through June 30, 2011.
- The disallowance of the loss, coupled with the additional taxable income after the sale date, creates a proposed adjustment estimated to be approximately $300M plus interest.
- Shares -28.7% AH.
Aug. 15, 2013, 4:16 PM| Comment!
Jul. 10, 2013, 3:05 PM"It resembles a call option on the student lending industry," Compass Point's Michael Tarkan says, initiating First Marblehead (FMD +0.7%) at Buy with a $2 price target. Tarkan likes the post-crisis comeback narrative, noting that FMD's revenues are now more diversified, its "expenses are improving," and its cash usage is declining. Like SA Pro contributor Jonathan Verenger, Tarkan thinks the company can return to profitability in 2015. | 1 Comment
Jul. 8, 2013, 11:21 AM
Jun. 24, 2011, 1:41 PM
Aug. 17, 2009, 5:06 PM
Aug. 21, 2008, 4:08 PM
Aug. 21, 2008, 3:10 PM
FMD vs. ETF Alternatives
The First Marblehead Corp is a specialty finance company engaged in the education financing marketplace in the United States. It provides education loan programs for K-12, undergraduate and graduate students and for college graduates.
Other News & PR