Stephen Simpson, CFA
Stephen Simpson, CFA
Wed, Jul. 27, 9:10 AM
Thu, Apr. 28, 5:33 PM
Wed, Feb. 24, 9:30 AM
- Fomento Economico Mexicano (NYSE:FMX): Q4 net income of Ps.7.3B
- Revenue of Ps.89.47B (+27.5% Y/Y)
Oct. 28, 2015, 5:52 PM
- Fomento Economico Mexicano (NYSE:FMX): Q3 Net income of Ps 6.1B.
- Revenue of Ps. 78.8B (+8.8% Y/Y).
Sep. 16, 2015, 11:01 AM
- A statement from Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD +5%) indicates the company must make a formal offer for SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY +19.5%) before October 14 or take a pass on the mega-merger to stay in compliance with U.K. law.
- There's a ripple effect with beer stocks circling the globe that includes distributors such as Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU +3.1%), Fomento Economico Mexicano (FMX +1.8%), AmBev (ABEV +2.1%).
- Another intriguing aspect of a potential A-B takeover of SABMiller is the side effects on the food industry if 3G Capital is fully engaged on the deal. 3G is a major player in food mergers and a factor in how investors value companies such as Mondelez International (MDLZ +0.2%), PepsiCo (PEP +0.4%), TreeHouse Foods (THS +0.1%), Campbell Soup (CPB +1.9%), JM Smucker (SJM +1.1%), and other food names.
- A-B InBev statement (.pdf)
- Previously: AB InBev prepping offer for SABMiller
- Previously: Beer stock rally with M&A on tap
Jul. 23, 2015, 4:49 PM
- Fomento Economico Mexicano (NYSE:FMX): Q2 Net income of Ps.5.3B.
- Revenue of Ps.75.12B (+5.9% Y/Y).
May 5, 2015, 12:13 PM
- Fomento Económico Mexicano (NYSE:FMX) confirms it has asked for government authorization to sell alcoholic beverages in a small retail format in Texas.
- The company says it will invest $850M to open 900 stores in the state if regulators clear the plan.
- The development coincides with Wal-Mart also trying to get clearance to sell alcohol in Texas which has restrictive policies for publicly-traded companies in the beverage category.
- Costco (NASDAQ:COST) is a step ahead by partnering with Texas-owned WB Liquors, but is also pushing the state for reform.
- Kroger (NYSE:KR) has also reportedly been making noise about selling liquor in its Texas outlets.
- Previously: Wal-Mart pushes for right to sell alcohol in Lone Star State (Apr. 27 2015)
Apr. 30, 2015, 5:49 PM
- Fomento Economico Mexicano (NYSE:FMX): Q1 Net income of Ps. 4.4B.
- Revenue of Ps. 65.2B (+1.6% Y/Y).
Feb. 26, 2015, 9:27 AM
- Fomento Economico Mexicano (NYSE:FMX): Q4 Net income of Ps. 8.50B
- Revenue of Ps. 70.2B (-0.4% Y/Y).
Oct. 28, 2014, 6:40 PM
- Fomento Economico Mexicano (NYSE:FMX): Q3 Net Income of Ps.6.71B.
- Revenue of Ps72.39B (+13.2% Y/Y)
Apr. 19, 2013, 5:32 PM
Feb. 28, 2012, 10:20 AM
Jan. 11, 2010, 9:00 AM
Jan. 11, 2010, 3:34 AM
Heineken (HINKY.PK) to acquire Femsa's (FMX) Cerveza unit - comprising 100% of Femsa's Mexican beer operations and the 83% of Femsa's Brazilian beer business Heineken doesn't already own - for a 20% stake in Heineken. Including $2.1B in assumed debt, the deal's worth about $7.6B. (PR)| Jan. 11, 2010, 3:34 AM